The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

I can hear the boos and hisses now when he starts to speak and then the brawl inside the hall breaks out. Yes there definitely should be more castmembers on hand but I do think anti current president citizens will avoid the attraction anyway.

Then that's a sad commentary on those who disagree. No one is saying to agree with the current President. Because the Presidents have been either major party over the years, there are always going to be people who disagree with the current President. That doesn't mean to act like a jerk in the theater because you disagree, though.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I guess the "controversy" is what people bring to it.
Its really strange that people feel like this is the first controversial President to be added to the HOP. First and foremost, this isn't/wasn't intended to be a popularity contest, it was merely to display our Presidential history no matter who was inducted. Is Nixon apart of this attraction, you bet. Is Clinton, you bet. Simply put, because of the media Trump draws, this will be an event and newsworthy for something that really shouldn't.

Carry on, enjoy the new show and go ride Haunted Mansion when you are done, and don't forget a Turkey leg!

tribbleorlfl

Then that's a sad commentary on those who disagree. No one is saying to agree with the current President. Because the Presidents have been either major party over the years, there are always going to be people who disagree with the current President. That doesn't mean to act like a jerk in the theater because you disagree, though.
Sadly, every one of my visits to the HoP since "W" has been ruined by these people, either booing or making snide comments. For all I know, this happened with Clinton and the others as well, I just didn't pay attention to it.

Like pretty much everyone else, I'm expecting this behavior to increase because of how polarizing Trump is. At the very least, the host is going to have to make some kind of comment in their spiel about remaining silent during the show to preserve the dignity of the presentation. Not that it will have any difference.

erikjp

This is the perfect time for Disney to stop including current presidents in the HoP. It doesn't matter which political side they are on, the current sitting president will always get heckled. As people have already commented, and as anyone paying attention to current politics knows, we have a particularly divisive current president who is also prone to throwing twitter tantrums. Disney does not need heckling the trump AA to become the new kneeling during the anthem type protest or whatever, and regardless of what Disney does it will look bad for them. Now would be the best time for them to quietly make the change and include trump after 2020/2024. And then the next president, regardless of party, after they serve their term and so on and so forth.

21stamps

This is the perfect time for Disney to stop including current presidents in the HoP. It doesn't matter which political side they are on, the current sitting president will always get heckled. As people have already commented, and as anyone paying attention to current politics knows, we have a particularly divisive current president who is also prone to throwing twitter tantrums. Disney does not need heckling the trump AA to become the new kneeling during the anthem type protest or whatever, and regardless of what Disney does it will look bad for them. Now would be the best time for them to quietly make the change and include trump after 2020/2024. And then the next president, regardless of party, after they serve their term and so on and so forth.

I would hate to see a company bow to a disrespectful minority, out of fear of that group.

Good on Disney for keeping things as they are.

Let any potential protesters do so at their own risk.

21stamps

I haven't actually read any comments arguing that though?

So what else would cause people to act that way? Maybe themselves, their own personal responsibility, right?..not a “divisive president”?

I see it as one’s own choice, and one’s own fault.. nothing that should warrant the changing of an entire attraction.

I guess we wait and see what happens. Maybe people will shock us all.. by actually acting liking adults viewing an animatronic figure. :)

erikjp

I would hate to see a company bow to a disrespectful minority, out of fear of that group.

Good on Disney for keeping things as they are.

Let any potential protesters do so at their own risk.

They're not bowing to a "disrespectful minority", whoever that mysterious group is, they are just mitigating potential drama over something that adds nothing to HoP. You can make HoP extremely less controversial by just not adding trump in. And I highly doubt he was going to have a starring role anyways. Why as a company would you not just choose to cut 5% of the ride to make it way less controversial?

Not to mention as I said, trump is a good cover to make this the rule going forward, so you can cut potential drama forever.

KBLovedDisney

Because people are idiots.
Because...
Yby3dOV.gif

21stamps

They're not bowing to a "disrespectful minority", whoever that mysterious group is, they are just mitigating potential drama over something that adds nothing to HoP. You can make HoP extremely less controversial by just not adding trump in. And I highly doubt he was going to have a starring role anyways. Why as a company would you not just choose to cut 5% of the ride to make it way less controversial?

Not to mention as I said, trump is a good cover to make this the rule going forward, so you can cut potential drama forever.

Because there are more people in America than an overly sensitive, child-like behaving, unable to control themselves, disrespectful, scene causing, portion of Americans.

There are many Americans who still know how to behave. Regardless of their political affiliation or thoughts of the current POTUS.

erikjp

So what else would cause people to act that way? Maybe themselves, their own personal responsibility, right?..not a “divisive president”?

I see it as one’s own choice, and one’s own fault.. nothing that should warrant the changing of an entire attraction.

I guess we wait and see what happens. Maybe people will shock us all.. by actually acting liking adults viewing an animatronic figure. :)

Uhhh, yes its peoples own personal responsibility. Trump is 100% incredibly divisive, but that doesn't whatsoever mean I think acting out in the middle of HoP is his own fault.

Think of it like Black Friday shopping. People trampling or macing people to get $100 TV's at Best Buy isn't Best Buy's fault, its still the fault of the shoppers who did that, but Best Buy shouldn't be creating situations that push people to act like that.

Disney doesn't NEED to have a Trump AA in HoP to make it a good ride. And they can eliminate potential drama by just not including him until his term is over. Just like Best Buy can distribute numbers in line or just sell everything online to mitigate the damage.

Incomudro

If people can't sit through an attraction that features all of the Presidents, and adds a new one each time a new President is elected without heckling the attraction and disturbing others then those people should:
A) Not attend.
B) Get kicked out of the attraction or the park.

21stamps

Uhhh, yes its peoples own personal responsibility. Trump is 100% incredibly divisive, but that doesn't whatsoever mean I think acting out in the middle of HoP is his own fault.

Think of it like Black Friday shopping. People trampling or macing people to get $100 TV's at Best Buy isn't Best Buy's fault, its still the fault of the shoppers who did that, but Best Buy shouldn't be creating situations that push people to act like that.

Disney doesn't NEED to have a Trump AA in HoP to make it a good ride. And they can eliminate potential drama by just not including him until his term is over. Just like Best Buy can distribute numbers in line or just sell everything online to mitigate the damage.

Distributing numbers for shopping is a little bit of an ill fitting analogy when comparing it to leaving a current president out of an attraction called “Hall of Presidents”.

Anyway, the decision has been made.. the attraction is reopening. Hopefully people will act like civilized humans.
We shall see..

erikjp

Because there are more people in America than an overly sensitive, child-like behaving, unable to control themselves, disrespectful, scene causing, portion of Americans.

There are many Americans who still know how to behave. Regardless of their political affiliation or thoughts of the current POTUS.

I agree, but you're not viewing it from a Disney angle. They could totally open this ride and nothing controversial happens and we all go our merry ways.

Or someone uploads a video of them heckling the AA, Trump retweets it, it becomes a thing to go heckle the AA, or potentially even violence breaks out.

If you could eliminate a non-crucial part of the ride to potentially not have to deal with scenario 2, why would you not do it?(Especially since it also just saves them money from not having to make the AA in the first place).

JohnD

Is that a genuine question? It's because he's viewed as particularly antithetical to the company's policies. That's not political, that's simply fact. If you ever want Disney to send you free tickets for your organization's raffle, you best bet there are basic values it must abide by. Donald Trump does not abide by many of those. Again, not political, simply fact.

So, by featuring him in the park, they're going against their own policies. But by not including him, they'd be going against their own precedent. It's a lose-lose situation.

He's president. Period. Feel free to disagree with him. This is America. But that doesn't make the attraction "controversial" because it's featuring the current President.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom