News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Sonconato

When I went, everyone was respectful. It could have been the security guards present, but I cannot decisively say. The new version of the show was excellent in my personal opinion and well-received by everyone in the audience when I was there. Namely, I liked how it showcased conflict throughout history and how it showed the poor reception of Abraham Lincoln by his contemporaries. They made fun of him and thought he was not educated enough for the title of President. As a side note, the new graphics were exceptional. It was an accurate and beautiful representation of the United States. This and the Flag Retreat in my opinion are important to WDW. In the last Flag Retreat I attended, the chosen veteran was crying tears of joy as the audience was applauding. I think that not everyone realizes how much this matters to people.

ThemeParkJunkee

I have been going to see the HOP since 1996 every few years. Most of the time, the audience was respectful (although some may have been sleeping). I have seen disrespectful behavior on the part of guests from both sides with booing and shoutdowns directed toward the animatronic representing the current occupant. I have heard boos for Clinton, GW Bush, Obama and now, apparently Trump. WDW has a right to expect that guests do not interfere with the enjoyment of their attraction by the majority of attendees and should have the right to ban guests who do not adhere to policy. I feel a one day ban on attendance (the next time they try to enter or for the remainder of the day for example) for a "first offender". Subsequent disruptive behavior should have more serious conseqences.

Some of the posters are getting political again and I would hate to see another thread locked. I don't care how you feel about the current or any former president. If you cannot respect the office and the history of this unique position on the world's stage, please do not go to this theater. I get rather teary eyed and cannot help but respect our country, our founders and the lasting legacy they have afforded "We The People".

Sonconato

I have been going to see the HOP since 1996 every few years. Most of the time, the audience was respectful (although some may have been sleeping). I have seen disrespectful behavior on the part of guests from both sides with booing and shoutdowns directed toward the animatronic representing the current occupant. I have heard boos for Clinton, GW Bush, Obama and now, apparently Trump. WDW has a right to expect that guests do not interfere with the enjoyment of their attraction by the majority of attendees and should have the right to ban guests who do not adhere to policy. I feel a one day ban on attendance (the next time they try to enter or for the remainder of the day for example) for a "first offender". Subsequent disruptive behavior should have more serious conseqences.

Some of the posters are getting political again and I would hate to see another thread locked. I don't care how you feel about the current or any former president. If you cannot respect the office and the history of this unique position on the world's stage, please do not go to this theater. I get rather teary eyed and cannot help but respect our country, our founders and the lasting legacy they have afforded "We The People".
^^^^THIS^^^

DisAl

I have said it related to other threads but I'll say it again as it relates to anybody, no matter what their political persuasions, who disrupts this type of presentation. Genius has its limitations, but stupidity knows no bounds. What do these fools think they are going to accomplish by shouting at an animatronic figure? They probably shout at traffic lights and their televisions too.... :rolleyes:

John park hopper

I have said it related to other threads but I'll say it again as it relates to anybody, no matter what their political persuasions, who disrupts this type of presentation. Genius has its limitations, but stupidity knows no bounds. What do these fools think they are going to accomplish by shouting at an animatronic figure? They probably shout at traffic lights and their televisions too.... :rolleyes:

The animatronics I would say have a higher IQ than the idiots who feel the need to exhibit their stupidity to the world.

Last edited:

Bronson55

Obviously those that voted for him will not have anything to complain about besides an awful looking AA. I think they're saying that if Hilary had won, we would be seeing similar things from the other side.

Anyway, I've seen the videos online and don't think I care to see this in person.
Anyone who doesn't think this would have happened at some point with a Hillary animatronic, I have a bridge game to sell you. Despite my relatively brief time on Earth, I've never experienced such polarizing, dreadful behavior as I have in the last year. If we can't conduct ourselves with decency, don't go to the attraction. Or, shut the thing down.
At some point probably, with that amount of disruption maybe but I'll bet the odds are fifty to one in favor of it being done by an anti Trump protester based simply on watching the news daily since Nov 2016.

Jack Wolfe

Not to be funny, but these people do realize this is an animatronic right?? :D:D:D:D:D:D Marie
More importantly, what's their next trick? Screaming at vending machines for making people overweight? Brow-beating downtown parking meters for contributing to traffic congestion? I will never understand their mentality, nor would I want to.

It's a show. If you know ahead of time that the content will upset you, don't go. If you're an attention-hungry jerk who wants to make a scene just to post it on your YouTube channel, definitely don't go.

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go think of something edgy to chant at Phineas, Ezra, and Gus the next time I ride "The Haunted Mansion". :rolleyes:

ThemeParkJunkee

Thank you for the puncutation point.

EPCOTCenterLover

Where were the voices calling for people to be banned from Disney when people booed Obama? I worked the HOP and it happened all the time. If you can't take someone booing at a robot, you need to toughen up.
The issue is one of disrupting the show for their paying customers, political beliefs aside. Just another level of selfishness.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

I've just seen the video of the person shouting at the animatronic.. Honestly what is wrong with people it's not real..
Peoples is peoples. I think it is just a way for them to pass time really. Just to include in this randomness of comparisons, people got mad at a color of a certain holiday cup one year from a certain coffee shop...mad. at. a. cup's color...

They just seriously have nothing better to do with their time and have to stir things up for no reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom