News The Hall of Presidents is now open

solidyne

Hmm, who gets to pick which ones are the best? and, how many of "the best" are to be picked? The top five, ten, forty four? Seems like it'd be mighty subjective, and no matter what, someone will be offended at the omission of their favorite.

But, in the spirit of cooperation, I select:

Gerald Ford
Millard Fillmore
Calvin Coolidge
Chester Arthur
Lyndon Johnson
Ha, the unelecteds! ;)

DisneyCane

Yup. No excuse for this. If you can't sit through that show and not ruin it for everyone in the room, you don't deserve to enjoy anything at the parks. I hope the people he was with were truly embarrassed.
^This. It is a show about the presidency performed by robots. Somebody making a scene accomplishes nothing except ruining the experience of other guests. Honestly people doing this should get lifetime bans; just as they should if they start yelling at Donald Duck in Philharmagic. WDW is extremely expensive. Paying customers shouldn't have to deal with having an experience ruined by a moron.

bhg469

^This. It is a show about the presidency performed by robots. Somebody making a scene accomplishes nothing except ruining the experience of other guests. Honestly people doing this should get lifetime bans; just as they should if they start yelling at Donald Duck in Philharmagic. WDW is extremely expensive. Paying customers shouldn't have to deal with having an experience ruined by a moron.
Agreed! Now if they could also ban the people
that insist on speaking over the haunted mansion narration...

Last edited:

Marlins1

I just wish people could grasp that this attraction is not the place to express opinions positive or negative about any of the individual presidents. Disney does such a great job of making the attraction non-partisan or political but so many people on all sides can’t understand that concept these days. Really a shame

muddyrivers

Just saw video of guests (and I use the term loosely), were shouting down the Trump animatronic today. Check out Theme Park Insider. I don't know what ultimately happened to them. I'm sure we'll know soon.

I don't know what crowds are like -- I imagine quite bad -- but I would hope that in shows where there are "disruptions" such as these idiots, CMs rerun the show for those whose experience was interrupted.

DisneyCane

Agreed! Now if they could also ban the people
that insist on speaking over the haunted mansion narration also...
That would be nice. However, of somebody was to start yelling out stupid things in the stretching room to intentionally disrupt the experience, they should be banned.

wannabeBelle

Exactly this, Marie

disneygeek90

Obviously those that voted for him will not have anything to complain about besides an awful looking AA. I think they're saying that if Hilary had won, we would be seeing similar things from the other side.

Anyway, I've seen the videos online and don't think I care to see this in person.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHappy

Disney doesn't want controversy on their hands. And since people are stupid, I don't see anything changing. What are they going to do, "vet" the audience? I had decided that whomever won the election, I wouldn't step foot in that political fishbowl again. Not now, in this environment. I want to celebrate the country -- I was always brought to tears at the Hall of Presidents, it's one of my favorite attractions -- but how can I with the fear of idiots using it as a platform for disruption? I want to be optimistic, but you can't control crazy.
How about we put those MagicBands to use here, have moron guests exit through a band reader so their name displays on a monitor in the lobby with a graphic that says BANNED FOR SHOUTING AT A ROBOT.
[However, I do realize this will probably encourage people to do it as well for their 10 seconds of fame]

MrHappy

What about those of us who would engage with the disrupter? I figure, let 'em rail and Disney can eject them from the park. It's the conflict within the crowd and the mob mentality that scares me. Especially for the kids in the audience who have to watch this divisiveness. It's like the freakin' Butter Battle Book.
Okay, I hear you. Although at some point we can't worry about a mob riot at MK.
Can anyone here comment on how the acoustics are in the theater? It's been a few years since I went to HoP and I wasn't paying attention. I wonder if some added sound proofing, white noise, and speaker placements can help subdue any sort of outburst - making it nearly impossible to hear. Some theaters I've been to make talking to the person next to you a challenge so I'm sure there's some tricks Disney can do to help insulate guest noise from carrying. Right?

WDWFANSINCE81

This isn't an even a political issue..it's an impulse control issue. WHERE HAVE ALL THE ADULTS GONE? Are we that ridiculous on either side that we can't keep our opinions to ourselves for less time than it takes to bake a cake? Seriously people...self control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom