News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Karakasa

Haven't watched anything yet, just seen pictures. With that in mind...
... Am... Am I the only one who is a bit alarmed and amused by how much this animatronic resembles Clinton?
Like I swear it looks like the Imagineers just took a Hillary sculpt they pre-emptively did and stretch Trump's skin over it. I also swear I remember one of the insiders on this forum mentioning the Imagineers being caught completely off guard election night since they just finished a Hillary sculpt or something? Or did I dream/hallucinate that?

Like, no, the previous presidents weren't perfect sculpts either, but I swear this doesn't even look like Trump, at least facially.

Driver

This crowds are awesome-cant wait to see it in June. Don't think there will ever be small crowds for years to come.
I know your gonna laugh but before the show started I actually looked around and counted 97 empty seats. Granted today was a soft opening so I'm curious how often they get a full house as time goes by.

Obobru

The AA face is shocking, did this thing get signed off by the Whitehouse or do Disney just do what they want because they dropped a fee pounds off his face and left it like someone who has had some serious fast weight loss and had been left with saggy cheeks and neck.

The size of his body is too small in height and bulk.

His hands are badly sized and the random movements after seem odd.

His speech was fitting but delivered flat and with no feeling.

The woman narrator is flat but again it's well written but lacks any emotion in its delivery.

The end was so poor and seemed like someone was in finish it off.

The whole show has lost the emotion and vibe it had before that made even me feel moved.

I can't tell if this is just a poor job all round or hatchet job but for anyone to say it's good must be delusional. But I did actually LOL when the hands randomly moved which wouldn't have been good if I was there in person so I am glad I know what to expect when I see it in person.

Last edited by a moderator:

beachlover4444

I feel like something was cut at the end that went with the weird hand movements without audio. Unusual but well done and no controversy at all. I believe they didn’t do the red tie because it is too symbolic for some.
Agree thought they took out something he was to say as a closing but they kept the hand motions.

Cake

Bummed this is opening after Fl resident AP holders last day was Sunday. Kinda wonder if this was on purpose. I go back in February, Presidents weekend! I look forward to this show. It has been a big hole this past year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom