News The Hall of Presidents is now open

KBLovedDisney

I am a little late to the game because I just watched the video (my judgements from before were solely picture based):

What was with that last double arm and hand gesture?! The guy talks with his hands and I was expecting him to say something else. Then there was that one point where he looked kinda bored and his hands were bouncing by his sides...

Edit: I must also add that this attraction always kinda creeped me out because you had over 40 AAs just staring at you (especially more so when you and someone else are the only ones in the theater)

Additional Edit: Excellent job on the video @wdwmagic !

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some notes from yesterdays opening.

- Very high security in the pre-show, theater and outside. Plenty of uniformed and plain clothed security.
- The guests at all showings were very respectful, and there were no reactions audible over the show audio.
- George K and MK VP Dan were in the theatre and talking to guests after the show.
- CM's are adding an extra part to the pre-show spelling asking guests not to stand during the show.
- All forms of photography are allowed except flash and video lighting.

Last edited:

Knut Hodet

Some notes from yesterdays opening.

- Very high security in the pre-show, theater and outside. Plenty of uninformed and plain clothed security.
- The guests at all showings were very respectful, and there were no reactions audible over the show audio.
- George K and MK VP Dan were in the theatre and talking to guests after the show.
- CM's are adding an extra part to the pre-show spelling asking guests not to stand during the show.
- All forms of photography are allowed expert flash and video lighting.
one tiny typo in your last line: "except flash" not "expert flash"

smile

I think people hyped and twisted this attraction into something that it never was- a political platform of the current president.

I know that we all have a short memory when it comes to certain things.. but the fact is, we had a new president get elected in 2008 who was hated by a large segment of this country. That segment considered him divisive and despised his politics.
But his HoP speech? No one could claim that as political. It was only -inspiring.

Same with the president before him..and so on.

I don’t know why anyone thought this new president’s HoP character/speech would be any different.

they really shouldn't have, tbh...
it's the same 'neutral' trump that started to peak his head out at the end of the campaign, so it was proven possible.

additionally, just because one may be 100% convinced that another is satan doesn't necessarily make it so

Last edited:

21stamps

Possibly since the real world circumstances are undeniably different. As recognised by TWDC with certain precautions taken with this version of the show that they haven’t done before.

I’m talking about the speeches and the show itself.. this new one has the same tone as the old. Presidents are interchangeable, but the message of the HoP shouldn’t have been feared to change.

I do hope the music at the end makes a return though.

drizgirl

It was thought to be descriptive, merely an answer to the question 'why was Disney nervous to re-open the HoP, why are there now spikes around the stage, why is there security?' Which are theme park park related. I'm not American, I don't care that much which Muppet is in charge this time. ;)
Actually, the photo on page 9 of this thread shows those same spikey things in the old version. They were just not as visible because they were black instead of white.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom