News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Brian Swan

The speech is apolitical (as expected) and fine. But for me, what a letdown for the finale. I liked the “Glory Glory Hallelujah” close. Used to give me goosebumps. This just kind of ends.
I agree; the ending was very anti-climatic. The "Battle Hymn" was left over from when Lincoln was the only president that spoke (it was more or less a clone of the "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" created for the NY World's Fair and then transplanted to DL).
Wait a second, why does his face totally look like Hillary Clinton?
View attachment 251070
I didn't notice that until you said it, but yes, it does. A different wig and some make-up and it would look no further off than some of the other recent ones...

Brian Swan

1710347761_7c32f43863_z.jpg

Maybe something's lost in the translation between AA sculpt and the final build. Above is the Hall of President's AA Ronald Reagan, seated.

Here is his head sculpt:

nr1s6u-b88453362z.120150705205256000gkgancf7.10.jpg

Now, Reagan's sculpt looks dead-on. (The artist is the Disney legend Blaine Gibson). But the finished AA above looks off somehow. Wonder why that is?
The sculpture is just that, a solid work of art that the artist has complete control over. The AAs are a latex mold of the original face placed over the various mechanisms that cause the facial movements.

jmmc

Just curious, since I don't remember the previous narration. But is the line before introducing the new president new? It says something about embracing "the idea of a president." If new, I'm wondering if that's a little way of saying "this is about the office, not Trump," as a way to answer those who may not like him there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just curious, since I don't remember the previous narration. But is the line before introducing the new president new? It says something about embracing "the idea of a president." If new, I'm wondering if that's a little way of saying "this is about the office, not Trump," as a way to answer those who may not like him there.
Yes it is all new narration.

Seabasealpha1

From what videos I've seen, I feel like the speech has been rushed through...I also feel like they made Mr. Trump look a little older than he is...but, that's just my $.02. I appreciate the speech being written as clear of politics as is possible, but like many others here, I feel like something's missing...maybe it's the rhetoric we've become accustomed to outside of the attraction? Maybe it seems like they bleached it too much? The end of the speech feels abrupt too...

I mean this as apolitically as I can by the way...just writing down some observations...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom