News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The left one looks like the lovechild of Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and Donald Trump.

trumpclinton.png

You know at first I didn't get the Clinton reference but looking at this pic I see it -- not in Clinton's likeness but in that of Phil Hartman's SNL take on him. I see it.

brb1006

I may be in the minority, but I think the AA looks very good. Perhaps they intentionally make the presidential AAs a bit "off" so that they don't come across as being too realistic and creepy.

I was thinking that maybe they were trying to make the AA act more like how Trump is in real life, just take a look at this video, he does the same thing in real life.

@wdwmagic it is already up to number 4! Great work!

But please avoid the comments section. It's a mess right now.

AEfx

I’m so conflicted over this. The imagineers HAVE to be better than this. Are they not up to the level of skill of their predecessors? Did they fire a bunch of talent? Was it done on purpose to mock or discredit? Either scenario seems a stretch. I just can’t imagine why the look of this AA is so off.

It looks absolutely nothing like him, I agree. It looks like a bad department story mannequin.

MrHappy

I have a theory on this. I wonder if they started with a Hillary design for the AA before the election results were declared. Then, after they found out who won the election, they decided not to start over with the AA, but just worked with the Hillary one. Just my guess.
I'm not into conspiracy theories, well....I am, just not publicly. But this one has my vote. I was thinking the same thing.

hokielutz

Something's off about that audio animatronic. Could be the hair. Could be the tie not being red. Could be the movements. But something's off.
Somet
I think they did a nice job with it. I wish the amamatronic was better. It feels a little dated. And it doesn’t look like him much. I probably won’t see it, but the speech is nice. Is the 9/11 moment still in there?

The animatronic for Obama didn't look right and neither does Trump's. Something with the heads are not quite right and maybe it has to do with all the moving parts they put into the heads, so the shape doesn't look correct.

lazyboy97o

I have a theory on this. I wonder if they started with a Hillary design for the AA before the election results were declared. Then, after they found out who won the election, they decided not to start over with the AA, but just worked with the Hillary one. Just my guess.
Wasn't there speculation around the time of election that Disney had started creating the Hilary animatronic in anticipation of the results. If this is true, do we think Disney would have just modified the animatronic to Trump?
Disney begins work on both major party candidates before the election.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom