News The Hall of Presidents is now open

rickdrat

It is him speaking, so I'm not sure how it doesn't sound like him. It's not a voice actor impersonating him.
I think the poster was referencing that is doesn't sound like his words or speaking style. He was cold reading a prepared script. Something, IMHO, he does not do well.

tmthomas52

What pleases me is that appears Disney focused on the content and safety of the show without sacrificing the narrative of being a proud attraction for our nation. @wdwmagic did an excellent job covering the news without bias and giving us great content. I would’ve been heartbroken if this show was shuttered away and I’m glad it appears Disney has found a formula that isn’t opposed by anyone yet to an extreme. While I’m sure there will be articles and news of things happening at the attraction I do think the vast majority of the general public will still see the beauty of the attraction and appreciate it.

Magenta Panther

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing!

I agree with what others have said: the animatronic's neck is too thin. In the photo above, it looks like Trump is leading with his chin, lending him a sort of boxy/rectangular facial shape. Meanwhile, the animatronic looks like its face was deflated, and its jowls became extra-defined as a trade-off.

It's disappointing to see that Imagineering can add small details like the hairs to the back of Trump's hands, but where it counts, they present us with mishmash President Hilvoighter. Still, I'm glad to see this attraction has reopened, and we have a place to snooze, I mean, learn history in the Magic Kingdom again ;)

Now about that ending hand-motion...o_O

P.S. Thanks @wdwmagic for posting the videos and the photos!

Now that we've seen closeups, yeah...the Trump AA's face is def off. I wonder if the reason is that maybe the inner mechanisms of all of the presidential AAs are a one-size-fits-all thing - the "skull", "jaws", etc. are all standard, and the facial skins have to be anchored/adapted to them. People's facial bones are very different from each other, as we all know. So if all of the Presidential AAs inner "craniums" have the same proportions, maybe that's why, even if a good facial sculpt of a given President is produced, the end result is not a very good likeness because it has to be stretched or compressed to attach the anchorings or some such.

Also, I agree with ChicagoShannon2's remark about the Reagan AA's hair - it doesn't look right at all. I looked around the web for the various President AAs, and the hair thing seems to be a recurring problem. I found the George Bush 43 AA, and while his face was actually pretty good, the hair looked like it belonged on a Ken doll.

presidents_animatronic2002disney.jpg

Throws the likeness completely off. :p

Still, the Trump AA looks okay (to me) from a distance, the gestures overall are good, and Trump has a pretty dynamic voice, so the AA comes off okay during the performance. But MAN, TDO, you gotta do better with these modern-President AAs. Look at the Bill Clinton AA!

maxresdefault-2-825x464.jpg

obama-hop.jpg

Obama's mouth looks weird. :p

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Now that we've seen closeups, yeah...the Trump AA's face is def off. I wonder if the reason is that maybe the inner mechanisms of all of the presidential AAs are a one-size-fits-all thing - the "skull", "jaws", etc. are all standard, and the facial skins have to be anchored/adapted to them. People's facial bones are very different from each other, as we all know. So if all of the Presidential AAs inner "craniums" have the same proportions, maybe that's why, even if a good facial sculpt of a given President is produced, the end result is not a very good likeness because it has to be stretched or compressed to attach the anchorings or some such.

Also, I agree with ChicagoShannon2's remark about the Reagan AA's hair - it doesn't look right at all. I looked around the web for the various President AAs, and the hair thing seems to be a recurring problem. I found the George Bush 43 AA, and while his face was actually pretty good, the hair looked like it belonged on a Ken doll.

presidents_animatronic2002disney.jpg

Throws the likeness completely off. :p

Still, the Trump AA looks okay (to me) from a distance, the gestures overall are good, and Trump has a pretty dynamic voice, so the AA comes off okay during the performance. But MAN, TDO, you gotta do better with these modern-President AAs. Look at the Bill Clinton AA!

maxresdefault-2-825x464.jpg

obama-hop.jpg

Obama's mouth looks weird. :p

Hilarious but you really do have to give credit to Disney for even attempting to replicate real people that are still living.

sunsetblvd26

As far as it not looking exactly like Trump/Obama/etc, I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere once that that’s the type of thing they do intentionally to human animatronics otherwise it starts to look pretty creepy.

The Mom

Premium Member
Most people posting on this thread also followed the previous one, so shouldn't need to be reminded of the rule against political statements. Most people posting have been able to make remarks about how the AA looks, sounds, etc WITHOUT getting political (and I thank you.) Some of you should read over their posts before hitting that reply button - so you know how it should be done. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom