News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Magenta Panther

COMPLETELY wrong. All the times I have visited it, no matter who the President was, I have had to fight back tears during the presentation. It is one of the most beautiful, heartfelt shows Disney has ever created.

As for the Trump AA...huh. Not bad. Not bad at all. Better than the Obama one, which, as I have noted here before, never really looked like him. (Who does the sculpts for the AAs now? They're pretty hit-and-miss IMO.) The gestures were good, although I'm not sure what the little two-handed wave at the end was. The shoulders seemed a bit too square. But that's minor stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

21stamps

For those who don't want to sit through it, the speech and lead-up by George Washington. (Bolding added for emphasis as per the audio)

George Washington: My fellow citizens, no event could have filled me with greater anxiety than that notification on the 14th day of April, 1789, that you had selected me to lead our nation. But it was with the confidence of my fellow citizens that I took an oath—35 simple words that have been repeated by every American president throughout history. As long as that oath is taken and solemnly fulfilled, the American dream will endure.

Donald Trump: I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.

- Brief Pause and no announcement by the narrator introducing President Trump -

From the Beginning, America has been a nation defined by its people. At our founding it was the American people who rose up to defend our freedoms and win our Independence. It is why our founders began our great Constitution, with three very simple words. "We The People." Since that moment, each generation of Americans has taken it's place at the defense of our freedom, our flag and our nation under god. These are the achievements of the American spirit, the spirit of a people who've fought and died to bring the blessing of liberty to all our people.

Above all to be American is to be an optimist, to believe that we can always do better and that the best days of our nation are still ahead of us. It's a privilege to serve as the President of the United States. To stand here among so many great leaders of our past, and to work on behalf of the American people.

Narrator: The presidency of the United States is a role unique to the world. An office entrusted to each President by us — We The People. Therein lies the genius of that new idea, now over two hundred years old. A new idea our presidents have turned into a great American idea, again and again.

Now maybe we can stop the political and immature rants. As predicted, this attraction is about the USA, not a political party.

JIMINYCR

Good job Disney. The content of his speech was along the lines of what I was expecting. I'm looking forward to seeing the show and hearing the speech in person.

mickey-mouse-89200.gif

The last few Presidents AA's were not exact replicas either, that never bothered me, the important part was always the inspirational words that we heard.

Is it just me or does he look a tad too skinny.

Ya, definitely looks skinnier than how he really is. I think that's why people are saying it looks a bit off. I kinda understand why, though.

Imagineering is like art, and when you design or create something after someone's appearance as a tribute, the artist tends to embellish the truth a little and leave out some the person's physical flaws, like double chins, wrinkles, and belly fat, to make the work of art look a little more attractive. It's a form of flattery.

Maybe it looks better in person? I'll be there in January, and I'll see it then.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
I think we can all agree about this, it's good to have this patriotic attraction back open! If you can't handle the President talking in a recorded spiel here is a pair of ear plugs and eye mask that will help! https://www.amazon.com/RATED-Earplugs-PREMIUM-Quality-Contoured/dp/B00KNS6VJI All joking aside whether you visit this attraction for the breathtaking AC, or appreciate the history and future this attraction presents, it's good to have her back! On a different note the first time I'm eligible to vote is in 2020, and I'm very fortunate to live in a country that allows its citizens to vote and have the freedoms that we often take for granted. This attraction is a showcase of the great country that we live in.

-Davis

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The speech is apolitical (as expected) and fine. But for me, what a letdown for the finale. I liked the “Glory Glory Hallelujah” close. Used to give me goosebumps. This just kind of ends.

The two-handed gesture thing, almost as if conducting the orchestra looks a bit weird. I think the finale needs some finishing touches but it otherwise seems OK. I agree; It does appear to end abruptly. I think it's something to do with the swelling music being delayed and the rather long pause between narration and end of show. Not bad though. Maybe they could have Trump putting his hand over his heart in time with the crescendo and curtain coming down!?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom