News The Hall of Presidents is now open

prfctlyximprct

Seems incredibly well done. I cheated and watched the video, will be there in January to see in person! Glad they reopened this, instead of leaving it shuttered.

I remember my first visit, seeing all the presidents standing together just took my breath away. I found it to be completely mesmerizing. Most of the presidents you read about in history class, but actually seeing an animatronic and putting an actual person to a name skimmed over in textbooks just does wonders.

Regardless of political opinions, I’m glad the Hall of Presidents is open!

Magenta Panther

1710347761_7c32f43863_z.jpg

Maybe something's lost in the translation between AA sculpt and the final build. Above is the Hall of President's AA Ronald Reagan, seated.

Here is his head sculpt:

nr1s6u-b88453362z.120150705205256000gkgancf7.10.jpg

Now, Reagan's sculpt looks dead-on. (The artist is the Disney legend Blaine Gibson). But the finished AA above looks off somehow. Wonder why that is?

Chicagoshannon2

1710347761_7c32f43863_z.jpg

Maybe something's lost in the translation between AA sculpt and the final build. Above is the Hall of President's AA Ronald Reagan, seated.

Here is his head sculpt:

nr1s6u-b88453362z.120150705205256000gkgancf7.10.jpg

Now, Reagan's sculpt looks dead-on. (The artist is the Disney legend Blaine Gibson). But the finished AA above looks off somehow. Wonder why that is?
I think it's the hair. The AA's hair is way too thin.

I think the Donald needed to have a fuller face. His cheeks aren't filled out enough. I'm guessing they didn't button the jacket because it interfered with the arm movement and they needed to show off the length of his tie.

Beacon Joe

You have many more references for what those presidents actually looked like. Your mental image of presidents pre Kennedy is likely based on just a few or even a single image.

That's a very good explanation. ETA: Though I've seen a lot of images of Grant, and that AA always impresses me. But then again, just still images of Grant, obviously. It's an interesting effect or perception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom