News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Disney-Trains

I really liked the new show. Im not a Trump fan at all, but wanted to see the new show that Disney has put together and I really liked it. Technically it's very strong without being over the top or gimmicky. The new video and lighting looks amazing.

I feel like the show really does a great job of honoring the office of the President, and that's the whole point.

My only complaint is the audio is too good. It's so crisp and clear it doesn't sound like it's really coming from the Presidents. Just go over to Carousel of Progress and compare the audio and you'll see what I mean.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
What Disney-Trains said....wonderful new show and focus is on the office which detracts from any one person and is a respectful and optimistic show.....I am pleased. I can't comment on audio as I watched on internet, but BRAVO to the imagineers who rewrote the show.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

WhatJaneSays

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the narrator sounds like the same narrator used on the US Capital tour during their movie.
Did we ever get a conformation on who the new narrator is? It seems a bit odd that they didn't get anyone notable after having the very recognizable voice of Morgan Freeman for the last go around.

DryCreek

I wish that they had a spare animatronic for each of the presidents.
Anyone caught heckling one of the presidents during the show shall be strapped to a chair and forced to spend 8 hours in a room with the same animatronic programmed to randomly speak his assigned part, stare silently, sing It's a Small World, and heckle the heckler. For eight solid hours.
Is that inhumane? I wouldn't want to get Amnesty International involved......

Movielover

I wish that they had a spare animatronic for each of the presidents.
Anyone caught heckling one of the presidents during the show shall be strapped to a chair and forced to spend 8 hours in a room with the same animatronic programmed to randomly speak his assigned part, stare silently, sing It's a Small World, and heckle the heckler. For eight solid hours.
Is that inhumane? I wouldn't want to get Amnesty International involved......

That seems really expensive. Just tie the person down on a It's a Small World boat and send them throught the ride for the whole day. By lap 5 they will be screaming. By lap 12 they will wish they had never been born...

By the end of the day they'll be the Joker.

Animaniac93-98

Finally saw the new version this week and I think it's the best presentation yet for the attraction. I can't believe more people are not talking about the quality of the seamless projection used. If this is what we can expect for the updated China film, it's going to look amazing. I loved how they used the entire projection area too, and liked how they kept the focus on the presidents themslves as did the 2009 version, unlike older incarnations which were general lessons on American history. New lobby displays were a nice touch too. I did not think the ending was either abrupt or awkward, but respectfully restrained.

The most disappointing thing to me was the removal of Royal Dano as the voice of Lincoln. His delivery is an iconic part of Disney history and it was so good to have him retured to that role in 2009. Maybe WDI will change their minds again.

I noticed that before the show they asked the audience to remain quietly seated and that Disney secuirty was positioned on either side of the stage. Nobody made comments during the show, but clapped at the beginning, end and after Trump gave the oath of office.

tlking88

We went last saturday. Had someone boo when they mentioned Trump... Then some heckling... in his speech some started clapping to mask the booing.. they had to talk over the middle of the trump speech over the speaker so you missed a good portion from the clapping/heckling and the cast member telling everyone to be quite.... I have noticed more security guards standing at the entrance throughout the day though.

FettFan

I'm just going to put this here:

89o7QSnSljKl.jpg

Bocabear

I thought the new production was quite good...I liked it focusing on the office of the Presidency... it was a nice fresh take on the previously covered subject material.. The projections were nice, though I missed the model capitol dome in the background.
.. Unfortunately it is the nature of politics right now...So the security at this moment is necessary... I am sure things will calm down eventually.
But I thought the overall show was really well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom