News The Hall of Presidents is now open

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ask and you shall receive...
sleep shirt.jpg

baymenxpac

Not sure what that means (what deep psychological thing does it say about a person :rolleyes:) but hey I totally admit, I'm a chemist, I hated history and geography in school with the intensity of 10 nuclear explosions.
I totally admit to finding it dull as dishwater. I'm the gal whose mom was a Civil rights attorney and refuses to go the African American museum and I told PBS that I would triple my donation if they agreed to stop showing Ken Burns documentaries :plol

It's boring to me. Now let's get an attraction with the great female scientist and I'm there.

Maybe there's a tee shirt there.

I FELL ASLEEP IN THE HALL OF PRESIDENTS!

it's almost as if everything you just said is completely subjective, and thus, wouldn't make it "universally" boring. but ya know...i'm not a chemist, so what do i know?

baymenxpac

I think we need more of a “Sleeping around the world” tee a kin to a drinking around the world. Have a list of attractions with check boxes. I could see HoP, TTAPM, CoP, VotLM, SE, and TAA all being candidates for this achievement.

i guess the annoying parts of these posts is -- while yes, we've all been there: hot, tired, and/or hungry and hit with some glorious AC in a dark theatre when the spontaneity of an unintended mid-afternoon nap crops up -- the idea of almost every attraction on that list is that it is meant to make you think: about the american executive and its dynamic, yet tenuous role in our free republic. about the frailty of our freedoms, and how they rose up from the ashes of tyranny. about advances in technology, or the overall arc of human achievement. broad, sweeping themes that impact our day-to-day lives that are worth taking a moment to stop and ponder.

too often in our society, willful ignorance is not only tolerated, but celebrated. facts are somehow open for interpretation. science is debated. the id is flexed and flaunted, and many don't think beyond their knee-jerk reactions. so i guess just giggling and saying, "LOL LOOK I FELL ASLEEP IN THAT BOOOOORING, LAME SHOW" is a microcosm of the frustrations a lot of us have with, not only modern day disney, but our modern day culture.

plus, there's the "don't yuck someone's yum" policy. if it's not your taste, that's cool. feel free to skip it. or fall asleep, if you really feel like it's more appropriate to fall asleep in a public theatre than just, ya know...going back to your hotel room that has a bed in it. but that doesn't mean everyone finds it boring or that i'm not sort of within my right to think it's ridiculous that someone can't handle a condensed narrative of a relatively important historical lesson.

eliza61nyc

it's almost as if everything you just said is completely subjective, and thus, wouldn't make it "universally" boring. but ya know...i'm not a chemist, so what do i know?

Oh absolutely, but you have to take it in content to the person I was answering. that poster said the fact that I fall asleep in the hall of presidents says something about me and I wanted to know what deep thing it says about a person if they fall asleep in a boring attraction.

I'm well aware that there are plenty of history buffs who love it.

I live in Philadelphia. you know that city that for all intents and purposes considered the birthplace of America. "handling" a condensed narrative of a relatively important event I assure you is not the problem. lol maybe Disney needs to come to Philly and see how we do it here.

Willful ignorance? seriously? from falling asleep in an attraction.

Gotta love folks who equate amusement park rides with all encompassing character descriptions. gimme a break. Falling asleep in the hall of presidents is no different than falling asleep in a boring movie. How about saying some times a rose is just a rose. If you have the vast majority of folks saying that an attraction is boring and dull and they are falling asleep, lol well maybe the reason for that is.... wait for it...... The attraction is boring and dull.

We at least laugh at ourselves about it and do not assign some deep psychological societal flaw to it.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Oh and yes I've seen many folks fall asleep in public places. was just at the beach in Ocean city NJ and whole ton of folks on the beach napping and relaxing. I guess they did not know they were supposed to go back to their rooms :rolleyes:

I gotta ask, are you really this upset because folks say they nap in a theme park attraction???

JohnD

I think we need more of a “Sleeping around the world” tee a kin to a drinking around the world. Have a list of attractions with check boxes. I could see HoP, TTAPM, CoP, VotLM, SE, and TAA all being candidates for this achievement.

I'm guilty of using acronyms like the rest of us. I can figure most but not all:

HoP: Hall of Presidents
TTAPM: ???
CoP: Carousel of Prgoress
VotLM: ???
SE: Spaceship Earth
TAA: The American Adventure

lostpro9het

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to use a few more characters (e.g. "People Mover", "Little Mermaid"). Just saying.
Well apparently I'm and unpatriotic, ignoramus, who lacks civil rights empathy while ruining the vacation experience of others so why would I care about writing more characters...just saying

J/K, this thread is hilarious and its fun watching the soapboxers from skid row.

JohnD

Well apparently I'm and unpatriotic, ignoramus, who lacks civil rights empathy while ruining the vacation experience of others so why would I care about writing more characters...just saying

J/K, this thread is hilarious and its fun watching the soapboxers from skid row.

WTH? Your comments came out of left field. Um okay.

lostpro9het

WTH? Your comments came out of left field. Um okay.
If you read the four posts before yours you would see this was not directed at you in any way. Just poking fun at this ridiculous topic. I'll be sure to include sarcasm tags in the future to prevent posterior pains.

baymenxpac

If you read the four posts before yours you would see this was not directed at you in any way. Just poking fun at this ridiculous topic. I'll be sure to include sarcasm tags in the future to prevent posterior pains.

didn't call you that, man. the question was posed, "what does it say about me?" so i am giving you the other side of how thinking LOLSLEEP can be interpreted as a part of a larger trend. if you take that personally, i don't know what to tell you.

baymenxpac

Does it help if I say that we now live in a 24/7 political cycle led by the first President to truly utilize social media? Maybe I don't want to think about the frailty of freedom, the overall arc of human achievement because it's my life. Not that these things haven't always been key to my "being" but now, it's taking up all the oxygen in the room.

But I also fall asleep at Voyage of the Little Mermaid. So.

totally, that's fair. i don't think anyone should care what attractions another person does or does not enjoy. if you want an escape from all that stuff, you have certainly paid a premium for a WDW vacation to have that be your right. and it doesn't make you a bad or ignorant person in the slightest.

like i said, there are about eight different issues converging on that debate. political undertones, the direction those in charge have decided to push the disney company toward, etc.

but overarching point is: it's cool if you don't like it. it's cool if you do. but if you're going to sit down in the attraction, then it's worth trying to enjoy. if you're not, it's worth skipping. just don't show up and go, "HAH BORING NAP TIME!" that's like calling a friend you don't really like to talk to with just to tell them they're stupid and hang up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Inside the Magic has a new article about The Hall of Presidents and its unusually long closure.

https:///2019/01/the-hall-of-presidents/

Lot of venues picking this up. Hopefully, what we heard so far was not the full story because one line of text doesn't explain an 11 month delay. We'll know when the full book is published if there's more to the story.

DisAl

Well, your description of yourself may be accurate, but some newcomers may not be familiar with all the acronyms, and some of us just don't like spending more time than it takes to type it to figure it out.

JohnD

Lot of venues picking this up. Hopefully, what we heard so far was not the full story because one line of text doesn't explain an 11 month delay. We'll know when the full book is published if there's more to the story.

I think more programming of the President AAs. For example as the curtains go down at the very end, Madison is doodling at his desk with his quill pen as if to show he would rather be elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom