The Great Movie Ride

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
Hey Guys

do you think this ride will stay?

if so do you think it will be updated with new movie scenes?

i feel it's missing alot of movies.

roj2323

Hey Guys

It just got new sponsorship and they just spent a boatload of money fixing it up (Although they should have spent more). GMR is not going anywhere for at least 5 years and after that point it's likely going to get a refresh with new scenes verses getting replaced completely as it's a heck of a people eater.

Phicinfan

I know it was rumored at one time to be replaced, but with the new partnership and updates, I doubt it is gone for a while. My guess is it will depend greatly on what the final redesign of the park and focus will be. Assuming there is some type of Hollywood or movie tie in, there will still be a GMR.

MichRX7

Premium Member
There are a few scenes I'd like to see go, starting with Tarzan. We do it every visit, but it could use some freshening up. Of course I still miss the original Sounds Dangerous and Sound Works in DHS, so what do I know.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And the perpetually stationary and fountainless Footlight Parade scene (the first thing you see during the ride). Which i assume will never be fixed since it has remained broken throughout the majority of the ride's life now...
My bad. I missed that, though since its hasn't been switched on since late 89/ early 90 I actually forgot.

Minnie1976

I really enjoy it. Love seeing the old movies on that huge screen while waiting in the queue. Also really enjoy seeing quick scenes from movies at the end.

PorterRedkey

GMR is looking great! However, the Footlight Parade scene has got to go! It is embarrassing, so much so, it is hidden behind a screen. I think now that the ride has TCM as a sponsor, it is time for a new scene to start the tour outright. What new scene? I do not know.

matt9112

Hey Guys

i believe it will stay around. insiders have already told us the AAs have been getting improvements to motion ect. plus the recent TCM deal and associated changes. as far as movies missing goes its really hard to pick a handful of movies out of millions...a new scene or two wouldn't hurt but the current line up shaped movie history that is fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom