The Great Movie Ride

Alexx

Original Poster
One of my favourite rides at WDW is TGMR and I love love love watching the trailers just before you go into the actual ride but I don't think i've ever seen them all. Is there a video/website with all of the trailers on?

Mukta

I have the complete opposite experience. I feel like that loop is too short and I see the same clips too often. :lol:
I don't have a complete list, but I know that a lot of the trailers are featured in the ride.
Alien
Footlight Parade
Singing in the Rain
The Searchers

I'm sure we can make a complete list with all the fans we have on this forum!

ERich2010

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Mary Poppins
Fantasia i think?

i believe that most of them, which is strange because theres more scenes in the ride than that

JML42691

I have the complete opposite experience. I feel like that loop is too short and I see the same clips too often. :lol:
I have the same feeling, I imagine it would be a somewhat easy change for them to do (probably negotiations with the movie companies would be the most difficult part). I was down in July and when in line for the ride we saw every trailer twice and some 3 times. Personally I think they should have at least 45 minutes worth of trailers, if not more.

Rob562

I have the same feeling, I imagine it would be a somewhat easy change for them to do (probably negotiations with the movie companies would be the most difficult part). I was down in July and when in line for the ride we saw every trailer twice and some 3 times. Personally I think they should have at least 45 minutes worth of trailers, if not more.

Part of the thing with the trailers in the pre-show is that every movie shown is depicted in the ride, so it's a sort of "coming attractions" for the ride. There aren't many movies left in the ride that aren't shown already. The James Cagney movie from the Gangster scene and Tarzan are the only two that come to mind. (You could possibly put in a Clint Eastwood trailer, but might be too much Western with the John Wayne one, too)

-Rob

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Star Wars and Good Morning Vietnam were during the ending movie, not the pre-show movie.

As mentioned the pre-show movie is only about the movies one the ride itself, I do kinda like it but it is a bit short. Back in the days when the ride was more popular I could see that being much more tiresome, seeing it 5-6 times before you get on the ride.

joanna71985

The preshow trailers are:
*Footlight Parade
*Singing in the Rain
*Casablanca
*Fantasia
*Mary Poppins
*The Searchers
*Alien
*Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

JML42691

Part of the thing with the trailers in the pre-show is that every movie shown is depicted in the ride, so it's a sort of "coming attractions" for the ride. There aren't many movies left in the ride that aren't shown already. The James Cagney movie from the Gangster scene and Tarzan are the only two that come to mind. (You could possibly put in a Clint Eastwood trailer, but might be too much Western with the John Wayne one, too)

-Rob
Never realized it was just the shows in the ride, guess that kindof adds to the atmosphere a little bit, but even still I feel that something needs to be done so you aren't seeing the same clips over and over.

wbc

-Rob

Wizard of Oz is not in the pre-show, IIRC.

Evil Genius

prettygoodmovieride.com is my buddy Glenn's site! I remember a little over a year ago when he showed me the beta version and my jaw dropped! He's put a lot of time and energy into those videos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom