The Great Movie Ride...Time For A Change

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
There are so many classic films that I would love to see added in any potential GMR refurb, my top 3 that spring to mind are...

The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction - (Maybe the Royale with Cheese scene)
Rocky

I forgot what I was going to say. I love Pulp Fiction, but I can't see anything from the movie being on GMR. It's as likely as having a roller coaster sponsored by Aerosmith with a footage of Mr. Tyler giving everybody the shocker.

Thrill Seeker

I will stand by my two ideas for GMR overhaul. The first is adding in an interactive aspect where guest reactions are compiled into a faux movie trailer replacing the montage at the end and by including a few new Disney films such as Tron.

The other would be a complete gutting a redoing from scratch. I posted that idea a while ago and might try to hunt the forums for it if anyone wants to see it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I will stand by my two ideas for GMR overhaul. The first is adding in an interactive aspect where guest reactions are compiled into a faux movie trailer replacing the montage at the end and by including a few new Disney films such as Tron.

The other would be a complete gutting a redoing from scratch. I posted that idea a while ago and might try to hunt the forums for it if anyone wants to see it.

That's a pretty cool idea.

For the park as a whole, making it a working studio again (animators and TV shows) would also be cool.

stlbobby

Gone With the Wind.
Sound of Music
Indiana Jones

There is a scene from Indiana Jones.

The final montage is reworked every so often. That is why some may have seen HSM and others have not. I do not know if it is or has been included. It would makes sense to have a quick shot of it in the musical section.

I wouldn't change a thing in this ride. The films and genres represented are classics and were included because they timeless and represent the best Hollywood has to offer.

To the original poster, if they did change anything the last thing they need is a scene from Star Wars. I love The Holy Trilogy, but there is an entire ride and interactive show dedicated to it. It would be better to bring in something new.

Enchantâmes

Just leave the scenes as they are and update them, Star Wars already has a ride and small themed area, and that is enough. This all sounds like some nerd's wet dream. :rolleyes:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just leave the scenes as they are and update them, Star Wars already has a ride and small themed are, and that is enough. This all sounds like some nerd's wet dream. :rolleyes:

Pssst.....................Enchantâmes, over here. *looks around, checks for privacy*

You've just pretty much described the whole Orlando theme park metroplex. Just sayin'. :lol:

EpcotServo

Like Rock N Roller Coaster, GMR is known for spawning threads that end up being "Insert your favorite movie into GMR" threads.
:lol:

Fact is, it's The Great Movie Ride, not The Only Movies From the last Few Years Movie Ride.

muse1983

Original Poster
Like Rock N Roller Coaster, GMR is known for spawning threads that end up being "Insert your favorite movie into GMR" threads.
:lol:

Fact is, it's The Great Movie Ride, not The Only Movies From the last Few Years Movie Ride.

I completely agree that The Great Movie Ride is not strictly for updated films and I would be greatly upset if they decided to do so. However it along with the animatronics need a huge facelift and at least 2 new scenes need to be added.

RoRo

I still enjoy the ride the way it is but it does need a refurb of AA's. The alien that drulls over your car didn't work when I was there and Tarsan didn't swing at the right time, it reseted when we entered and swinged when we left the scene.

loveofamouse

i definitely agree it could use some work but I also agree that the movies shouldn't necessarily be given walking papers. They are classic, great movies. Maybe add in something Like Titanic, which has proven itself to earn a classic label. but, IMO, it does need a GREAT overhaul. The tracks are old and rough riding. It moves extremely slow, richety, and loudly. The AAs look like they are crying for a mercy killing. lol The paint on the mannequins are very chipped and fake-looking compared to other AAs elsewhere on the property. I mean, if they can make the mickey and minnie heads "blink" and "talk," They could do better on the ones in there.

steener618

Let's see. How about these three picks:

1. Little Shop of Horrors (it would be cool to see them have a talking/singing plant that eats people).

2. Any Mel Brook's film (Blazing Saddles anyone? lol).

3. The Ten Commandments (I know its in the film montage, but a ride-thru of the parting of the Red Sea would be epic!!).

LoriMistress

*Anything Star Wars (except for Jar Jar Binks...I think we can all agree on that).
*Gone With The Wind
*The Godfather
*Any Mel Brooks movie
*Little Shop of Horror
*Parenthood
*Any Charlie Chaplin
*Any Marilyn Monroe movie
*Any Montgomery Cliff movie

Enchantâmes

I completely agree that The Great Movie Ride is not strictly for updated films and I would be greatly upset if they decided to do so. However it along with the animatronics need a huge facelift and at least 2 new scenes need to be added.

Well lets see.

1. TDO will not budget this.

2. There is no reason for TDO Budget this.

3. It will not increase traffic for GMR nor DHS.

4. All of the movies that are in The Great Movie Ride, are Great Classic Movies.

5. Almost all of the movies mentioned in this thread are films that Disney has no legal ties to and would cost a huge amount of dough for Disney to use in any way.

I'm all for refreshing the ride's effects though. :)

sorcerergoofy

*Anything Star Wars (except for Jar Jar Binks...I think we can all agree on that). - I disagree..Jar Jar is by far my favorite Star Wars character, and I would love to see him on GMR.
*Gone With The Wind - YES!
*The Godfather
*Any Mel Brooks movie
*Little Shop of Horror - That would be cool!
*Parenthood
*Any Charlie Chaplin
*Any Marilyn Monroe movie - No, just no. I could tell you what I think about her but I will refrain since this is a family site! :lol:
*Any Montgomery Cliff movie

Also, I think that a Streisand movie should be in there! Funny Girl would be EPIC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom