The Great Goofini

jjharvpro

The only changes are obviously to give it a circus theme, but what I found out at the Expo by asking Imagineers working on the project is -- Barnstormer's EXIT will now be Great Goofini's entrance. & vice-versa.

ryanduggers

Like I said before, the have hundreds of plans they can draw from the archives, mix and match, reimagine, update etc etc. The FLE fit because it was a good response to the Legoland model and, I believe that since it was such perfect counter-programming to Potter, the deal was sealed. Of course the clincher for me was removing m&g mountain and adding in the kids mine coaster which happened quite recently.

Case closed. :wave:

Isn't repeating the same wrong or deluded thing over and over again and believing it the first sign of insanity? :brick:

MAF

I love it when people attack other parks like Six Flags because they say Disney would never do a "naked" roller coaster with the track exposed and no theming. Uh what do you call this? Like I said, this Circusland was a dire mistake on their part and I hope people soon realize it. There was no excuse for tearing down Mickey's house if they aren't going to put in the effort to put something truly "better" in its place. Inexcusable... :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think Goofini will be any worse theming-wise than Barnstormer was. Probably in the same range as Primevil Whirl, Gadget's Go-Coaster, Flounder's Flying Fish, etc.
It's fine by me.

And I like naked coasters.:D

ChristianG

Original Poster
I don't think Goofini will be any worse theming-wise than Barnstormer was. Probably in the same range as Primevil Whirl, Gadget's Go-Coaster, Flounder's Flying Fish, etc.
It's fine by me.

And I like naked coasters.:D

Haha same, I don't mind them, but It just looks really bare and empty compared to what it is surrounded by. I guess we all didn't really have that much of a problem with Barnstormer's theming and naked-ness because Toon Town fair wasn't the best land of them all. But with Storybook Circus looking a lot better than Toon Town Fair with more theming involved, the coaster looks really out of place.

G00fyDad

I love it when people attack other parks like Six Flags because they say Disney would never do a "naked" roller coaster with the track exposed and no theming. Uh what do you call this? Like I said, this Circusland was a dire mistake on their part and I hope people soon realize it. There was no excuse for tearing down Mickey's house if they aren't going to put in the effort to put something truly "better" in its place. Inexcusable... :rolleyes:

Have you even looked at the picture of Disney's mock-up of the coaster? They did not include a loading/unloading station. Did you think you were going to jump on and off a moving coaster? It is safe to say that if they did not include the detail of the coasters station house then they might have left a lot more theming off of it. :rolleyes: You don't really think that that mine car in the photos is how the finished product will look do you?

ChristianG

Original Poster
Have you even looked at the picture of Disney's mock-up of the coaster? They did not include a loading/unloading station. Did you think you were going to jump on and off a moving coaster? It is safe to say that if they did not include the detail of the coasters station house then they might have left a lot more theming off of it. :rolleyes: You don't really think that that mine car in the photos is how the finished product will look do you?

Actually they did include the station, it's cut out of the picture though. If you look to the lower right of the picture I posted, you can see the roof.

ChristianG

Original Poster
Here's a better picture of the station.

6058047955_133802a35c.jpg

Lower left corner

WDWFREAK53

Wow...I'm very impressed with the theming of the water play area. It's great how they integrated it into the actual trainstation with the turntable. Awesome. I know it probably won't happen (due to half of the train not being on it), but imagine if the entire water play area turned on that turntable.

NormC

You might find the answers to your assumptions by reading the entire thread.

Oh, and welcome. :wave: I'm glad to know you registered just to respond to me.

Hee hee. :king:

I registered a while ago you just got the honor of the first response. :king:
Thanks for the welcome! I did read the entire thread.

_Scar

I registered a while ago you just got the honor of the first response. :king:
Thanks for the welcome! I did read the entire thread.

Don't worry, he's a troll here. Welcome to the forums!

The train station still looks really bland, and almost looks like a Frontierland style station. I was DREAMING for a train station with a giant Alice poking out of it.... :lookaroun

juan

Don't worry, he's a troll here. Welcome to the forums!

The train station still looks really bland, and almost looks like a Frontierland style station. I was DREAMING for a train station with a giant Alice poking out of it.... :lookaroun

It will be much more detailed than the previous station. But as for being bland, future changes would mean that the station wouldn't have to change. Meaning that years down the road and more money is allocated for the area, the tents area can be re-developed without forcing the station to change. A blandish station can fit multiple themes.

Scuttle

I don't know if you are referring to my post, but I agree with you about not complaining about Goofini's theming until we see the finished product. I wasn't saying the theming of "Goofini" will be subpar, but was making the case that the theming of the Barnstormer (and Toontown in general) was a LOT nicer than it's generally given credit for being.

And ironically, Minnie's House was "interactive" long before that became the big WDW buzzword :)

I agree. The theming of the barnstormer was actually very good.

G00fyDad

Actually they did include the station, it's cut out of the picture though. If you look to the lower right of the picture I posted, you can see the roof.

I apologize. I must have looked at these pictures a dozen times. I missed that every time. :(

However, I think that if you looked at a mock-up of Goofy's Barnstormer you may see the same "barren theme" on it as you do here. Only time will tell how much more they will do to it. I really hope it isn't this barren but we'll see.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I dont mind this ride. Not like I'll be going on it, I'll let everyone else complain on this, I could care less. haha. I have high hopes for this land than what MTTF had. I mean, not for me personally. I just can't wait until it opens so half of the kids/toddlers that go to Fantasyland will be in this land, moving the kids to Dumbo, Goofy and the water park so that there won't be a big crowd in Fantasyland in the late afternoon. I don't like the crowds in fantasyland without that extra kiddy area, I just couldn't stand to be in Fantasyland in March this year. Can't wait till SBC opens! Along with the expansion for Fantasyland, with more space for the small land, but what is in Dumbo's original place now? (or soon to be?)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom