The Great Goofini

TalkingHead

It will be much more detailed than the previous station. But as for being bland, future changes would mean that the station wouldn't have to change. Meaning that thirty or fortyyears down the road and more money is allocated for the area, the tents area can be re-developed without forcing the station to change. A blandish station can fit multiple themes.

Corrected with respect to time frame.

jt04

It will be much more detailed than the previous station. But as for being bland, future changes would mean that the station wouldn't have to change. Meaning that years down the road and more money is allocated for the area, the tents area can be re-developed without forcing the station to change. A blandish station can fit multiple themes.

Interesting.

Am I reading into this too much but another contributer commented that by boarding the train on MSUSA and disembarking at the new station it will provide a cohesive 'story'? From what I have seen of the train station it seems to fit this scenario perfectly as a true turn-of-the-century representation of a mid-western train station. I really like the looks of the station from what I have seen so far. It is what has sold me on the new and improved FLE. Well, that and the added mermaid theming on the north side of dwarf mountain.

Any chance WDW will get the model from D23 soon?

juan

Interesting.

Am I reading into this too much but another contributer commented that by boarding the train on MSUSA and disembarking at the new station it will provide a cohesive 'story'? From what I have seen of the train station it seems to fit this scenario perfectly as a true turn-of-the-century representation of a mid-western train station. I really like the looks of the station from what I have seen so far. It is what has sold me on the new and improved FLE. Well, that and the added mermaid theming on the north side of dwarf mountain.

Any chance WDW will get the model from D23 soon?

I think your reading too much into it. I was referring to that years down the road, when more money is available, the theming of the area near the station could change without much affect to the station. So if they want to build more of a permanent ride or possible something like a small Pixie Hollow where the tents are, a bland train station wouldn't have to be adapted too much.

The model is probably going to WDW but only to the WDI offices, they still need to use it. As for guests seeing models, the original model (FLE '09) is incredibly big to be placed anywhere well. Like if they put it in One Mans Dream, it would take over a huge chunk of floorspace.

Lee

Adventurer
Agreed. This station is much more adaptable to possible changes down the line.
The original from '09 was a bit too....Princessy or fairy-taleish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom