The Good Things about WDW!

WED99

Original Poster
Howdy folks, I've been seeing a lot of negative things about WDW on the forums lately. Some people are making it sound like Six Flags :/ All of these comments are fair and I understand where they're coming from, but I think you guys just need a quick reminder! So I thought to cheer everyone up a bit and take some of the "Potter" stress away I would remind you all of the following! Here are the Trip Advisor ratings for:

Magic Kingdom - 4.5/5 (Looks like not everyone noticed the "horrible" Splash Mountain!)
Epcot - 4/5 (Not even Imagination can ruin this amazing experience!)
Hollywood Studios - 4.5/5 (It's the most criticised park and it still scored higher than Epcot!)
Animal Kingdom - 4.5/5 (Half day park? That's still a half day of amazing!)

So not even one park dropped under a 4, that's amazing! If that isn't enough convincing, watch this video. It will let you see WDW from the eyes of not massive fans like us, who notice every little crack or broken AA.

I hope this made some people feel a little better. Sure, some things could be improved in the parks, but we exaggerate the little things too much. WDW is the Happiest Place on Earth and that is something no Potter or broken AA or Avatar can ever change.

So guys, I want to know what you think makes WDW great, something that stands out or isn't anywhere else in the world!

P.S. Please don't turn this into a Universal argument thread! We get it, Potter is amazing, we agree! If you want to discuss it further either go here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/potter-2-0-construction-thread.845603/
or there are plenty of Universal threads :)

Figgy1

Howdy folks, I've been seeing a lot of negative things about WDW on the forums lately. Some people are making it sound like Six Flags :/ All of these comments are fair and I understand where they're coming from, but I think you guys just need a quick reminder! So I thought to cheer everyone up a bit and take some of the "Potter" stress away I would remind you all of the following! Here are the Trip Advisor ratings for:

Magic Kingdom - 4.5/5 (Looks like not everyone noticed the "horrible" Splash Mountain!)
Epcot - 4/5 (Not even Imagination can ruin this amazing experience!)
Hollywood Studios - 4.5/5 (It's the most criticised park and it still scored higher than Epcot!)
Animal Kingdom - 4.5/5 (Half day park? That's still a half day of amazing!)

So not even one park dropped under a 4, that's amazing! If that isn't enough convincing, watch this video. It will let you see WDW from the eyes of not massive fans like us, who notice every little crack or broken AA.

I hope this made some people feel a little better. Sure, some things could be improved in the parks, but we exaggerate the little things too much. WDW is the Happiest Place on Earth and that is something no Potter or broken AA or Avatar can ever change.

So guys, I want to know what you think makes WDW great, something that stands out or isn't anywhere else in the world!

P.S. Please don't turn this into a Universal argument thread! We get it, Potter is amazing, we agree! If you want to discuss it further either go here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/potter-2-0-construction-thread.845603/
or there are plenty of Universal threads :)

NOTHING in life is perfect but Diasney comes close. Don't sweat the small stuff. Never had a trip that wasn't magical even when things weren't perfect. Hey I can even live with disco Yeti!

ParentsOf4

I can think of two important things WDW does about as good as ever:
  • Resorts - Disney continues to spend money to keep its aging resorts in good condition and the rooms up-to-date. Hotels such as the Contemporary and Polynesian are as nice as I remember them from the 1970s. I've been to every WDW resort and stayed at nearly every one. In short, I like them all!
  • Water parks - The water parks are as nice as they were when they first opened. The extensive theming at the water parks is what makes them so special and, IMHO, the best in the world.

WED99

Original Poster
I can think of two big things WDW does about as good as ever:
  • Resorts - Disney continues to spend money to keep its aging resorts in good condition and the rooms up-to-date. Hotels such as the Contemporary and Polynesian are as nice as I remember them from the 1970s. I've been to every WDW resort and stayed at nearly every one. In short, I like them all!
  • Water parks - The water parks are as nice as they were when they first opened. The extensive theming at the water parks is what makes them so special and, IMHO, the best in the world.

I totally agree with both points! Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last trip and I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere that made me feel so happy :) And they are the best water parks in the world, by a mile!

tractorm3

I do agree as a whole these forums have a negative conotation with them. But consider the source......most of us here know Disney at its best and every little detail, every effect, every animatronic, every show, etc. So we pick up on smaller things the average vacationing couple/family/person would not.

But I agree Disney is still in a level all their own. and they maintain that level the best they can. I am sure a book could be filled with things we wanted changed, brought back, fixed, improved, or added.

DIsney is always #1 and my fiance and I are scapping every penny for our dream honeymoon vacation we booked comming this sept. We got the honeymoon suite at the poly and cant wait!!!

real mad hatter

Yeh,Ive read the stories of doom & gloom in these threads.Its simple to these people.Stay away and leave my magical land alone.To try and sum up what WDW is all about is almost impossible.I remember trying to describe Las Vegas to friends.You've got to see it,to believe it.Well Disney to me is like that.Example,describing a dole whip to someone who has never tried one.You just gotta try one.I agree it may not be everyone's ideal vacation.I feel fortunate that Ive been to many places around the world,but that magic bubble in Florida brings so much happiness to so many people,from children to adults,and long may it continue.;)

With all the love and perfection praise that is coming from this thread you would think that these people are all Disney Bloggers who get the good swag ;)
I think people pick apart what they love the most because they strive for the perfection. It is human nature. You just can not let that take over your life! Every happy place will need some paint and there will always be someone to point that out.
Laugh Yall, Life is too short!

Stryker

We utilize Magical Express and stay on property. We rarely leave the "World" the entire time we are there. For us it really is just a magical escape from the "real world". We find it entertaining and enjoyable. We have attended with all 3 kids, in large family group (20 plus people), and recently just my wife and I. In every case we have found the experience enjoyable, entertaining and many great memories. It has always met/exceeded our expectations for a superior vacation. Even doing the same things over every time (Hoop-De-Doo is a must for us) remains an enjoyable experience, that to me is the sign of a quality product. Last 2 trips have been as DVC members and the next trip in March 2013 will be a family trip in a 2BR at BLT and everyone is extremely excited about it.

Goofyernmost

To give you an idea about the state of mind of a lot of the posters on this site. This thread is struggling to reach a dozen responses whereas there are literally thousands soundly expounding just how god awful the condition of the place is and the fault of management in it's ultimate and rapid disintegration.

I think WDW is great because it is fun, freeing, and offers me a lot of much needed exercise. The music, the surroundings, the rides, the colors and the feeling of youth overcomes me and I am a happy camper. Don't let all the knit picking get you down. Yes, there are a lot of tender loving care issues with WDW at the moment, but it isn't readily visible to the people that haven't spent inordinate amounts of time there. All those issues will eventually be addressed and you still won't notice the difference if you aren't consciously looking for them.

Many people complain about things when they do not know what happened. There was a thread on Splash Mtn. always being broken down. From what I could gather, based on what they said, it stopped a number of times while they were riding. They said it "broke down" and it might have, but it also might have been that some of the gloriously intelligent guests that ride it attempted to override the restraint causing it to shut down temporarily or some one needed assistance to load. Again a shutdown, not a breakdown. Expect minor delays often due to special needs of some of the guests. If it stops for a short period of time and then restarts it is likely that is what happened. Very normal thing on Spaceship Earth as well.

EDIT: And Haunted Mansion!

luv

I am not big on watching other people's home videos, but I did enjoy the first video I saw from that family. I have seen enough of those children now, though.

Of course there are good things about Disney. The problem is they do away with more and more of them all the time. For a long, long time, Disney was well-kept and continually improved. Now it gets worse all the time.

For people who really love Disney, it is a shame to watch it all go downhill.

Also, Disney's new stance on Uni is to say that although Harry Potter is pretty good (lol), the rest of Uni is just crappy, unthemed, only for teens, run by nazis and filthy dirty. That doesn't make it true.

There is much more to Uni that is fun, amazing and wonderful than just HP.

Zipadeelady

To give you an idea about the state of mind of a lot of the posters on this site. This thread is struggling to reach a dozen responses whereas there are literally thousands soundly expounding just how god awful the condition of the place is and the fault of management in it's ultimate and rapid disintegration.

Many people complain about things when they do not know what happened. There was a thread on Splash Mtn. always being broken down. From what I could gather, based on what they said, it stopped a number of times while they were riding. They said it "broke down" and it might have, but it also might have been that some of the gloriously intelligent guests that ride it attempted to override the restraint causing it to shut down temporarily or some one needed assistance to load. Again a shutdown, not a breakdown. Expect minor delays often due to special needs of some of the guests. If it stops for a short period of time and then restarts it is likely that is what happened. Very normal thing on Spaceship Earth as well.

While we were riding the Haunted Manison my son dropped his light saber that he just purchased and it slid through the opening of the buggy and onto the track of course the ride stopped immediatley. He was so upset he thought it was gone forever. My DH told the buggy behind us what happened then they told the buggy behind them and so on. Until someone was able to see the saber pick it up and pass it from buggy to buggy till we got it. I guess all that to say it's not always Disney's fault as to why a ride has "broken down" sometimes it's us unresponsible patrons. :oops:

gonnichi

I really enjoy all of the little things that make WDW special. Unfortunatly more and more of the little things are disappearing. I loved the unique shops and entertainment of mainstreet. I miss the Jazz Band at the Crystal Palace and the steel drum band of Adventureland. I miss the smaller parks of Discovery Island and River Contry. I miss the Diamond Horseshoe revue the most, our family went there every year.

I am so glad that alot of the small things at WDW are still there because its what makes it a special place to me.

Animaniac93-98

263953228130718443_QngioGFu_c.jpg

88312842663531011_tB85tldI_c.jpg

243264817342544184_byiYnVkR_c.jpg

168392473536672657_VhfKKvBd_c.jpg

283375001522985047_dyWQsFQK_c.jpg

135108057541223836_PrEjhJpT_c.jpg

28147566391381719_35fXmzGL_c.jpg

492722015451507495_fUPf6XYa_c.jpg

80431543314558631_mYlfWNU0_c.jpg

84512930477775295_QqbGvBRa_c.jpg

268527196502555070_X14sww4l_c.jpg

94153448431393231_bvphOI02_c.jpg

To name a few.

awoogala

The great ceremonial house. (although they are tearing it down soon:()
The ambiance, the light music in the park, the wonder, the stories. everything makes it great. Sometimes we complain because we want it to stay great! ;)

WED99

Original Poster
Art of Animation Resort is one of the main unique things for me. WDW already had the best resorts but this one is easily the most "Disney" hotel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom