the glass monument thing in front of Spaceship Earth

Missing20K

Ok, I searched around, thought about it, and still can't figure out what it is. I even looked on the official acronyms page. What is LaL?

hpyhnt 1000

Ok, I searched around, thought about it, and still can't figure out what it is. I even looked on the official acronyms page. What is LaL?

Leave a Legacy, more commonly/popularly referred to as "those tombstones in front of SSE." ;) :lol:

Thanks for the clarification on that picture, Martin. :wave: After closer inspection, you're right, it is a very early pic from EPCOT Center.

And for the Communicore/Innoventions buildings, the blue and green sounds neat (though I still prefer the distinction "East" and "West" rather than "Blue" and "Green"), but what shade of green are we talking about here? I don't know exactly how it would look if the whole building was green, but it could go horribly wrong. Personally, I'm hoping that the main color for both buildings will be a light powder blue (to tie them in with SSE and Project Tomorrow) with the trim and accent colors being green and a darker shade of blue, thus allowing one to distinguish them from each other. I'll even throw in some bright blue and green neon to enhance the buildings and night. That would look prety awesome, IMHO. :cool:

EPCOT Explorer

Leave a Legacy, more commonly/popularly referred to as "those tombstones in front of SSE." ;) :lol:

Thanks for the clarification on that picture, Martin. :wave: After closer inspection, you're right, it is a very early pic from EPCOT Center.

And for the Communicore/Innoventions buildings, the blue and green sounds neat (though I still prefer the distinction "East" and "West" rather than "Blue" and "Green"), but what shade of green are we talking about here? I don't know exactly how it would look if the whole building was green, but it could go horribly wrong. Personally, I'm hoping that the main color for both buildings will be a light powder blue (to tie them in with SSE and Project Tomorrow) with the trim and accent colors being green and a darker shade of blue, thus allowing one to distinguish them from each other. I'll even throw in some bright blue and green neon to enhance the buildings and night. That would look prety awesome, IMHO. :cool:

Have you seen the "new" (2007) logo over the doors for Innoventions?;)

I'll get a pic...

DSC06464%20(Large).JPG

I think it would look GREAT :D

In the photo you will notice also the gift shops in the Showcase Plaza are not there either so it is pre 90's for sure. I do remember the sculpture being gone for cleaning on a trip in the 80's.

hpyhnt 1000

So are you saying that one building would be green and the other blue?:brick::dazzle::dazzle::dazzle::hurl:

That would stink! I would rather have the pink.:hammer:

Thats how I feel. And thanks for the pic, EE, but I was aware of the new logo/signage for the Innoventions area. And, just for the record, it is that shade of green that worries me. As a trim color, it would be fine, but for the main body color, ehhhhh, I really don't think so. I think that would be a wee bit too much lime green for my liking... :dazzle:

EPCOT Explorer

Thats how I feel. And thanks for the pic, EE, but I was aware of the new logo/signage for the Innoventions area. And, just for the record, it is that shade of green that worries me. As a trim color, it would be fine, but for the main body color, ehhhhh, I really don't think so. I think that would be a wee bit too much lime green for my liking... :dazzle:

Yeah...The blue is nice though. Very EPCOT.

Honestly, I would love a metallic silver.

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah...The blue is nice though. Very EPCOT.

Honestly, I would love a metallic silver.

Oooo I didn't think about that...

Hm. That could really look nice, especially if there was some nice green foliage around the plaza to contrast with it. :lookaroun

Okay, someone needs to get on Photoshop and start mocking what these ideas and colors would look like. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

anybody here remember the thread discussion about buying the sculpture when it was for sale on e-bay?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=50907&highlight=sculpture

:ROFLOL:
Nice!:lol:
Oooo I didn't think about that...

Hm. That could really look nice, especially if there was some nice green foliage around the plaza to contrast with it. :lookaroun

Okay, someone needs to get on Photoshop and start mocking what these ideas and colors would look like. :lol:

;) Even the old beige/tan...It looked great. WITH ALL THE GREENERY.

See a theme?:lol:

If there was one part of Project Gemini I *wanted* to come true...it was the rebranding of Future World with plants!:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Nice!:lol:

;) Even the old beige/tan...It looked great. WITH ALL THE GREENERY.

See a theme?:lol:

If there was one part of Project Gemini I *wanted* to come true...it was the rebranding of Future World with plants!:lol:

Ah, how true. While Gemini had its weaknesses, I agree, the idea of introducing a more lush and green Future World was VERY appealing. Maybe, someday soon though... We can dream. :eek: :lol: ;)

EPCOT Explorer

Ah, how true. While Gemini had its weaknesses, I agree, the idea of introducing a more lush and green Future World was VERY appealing. Maybe, someday soon though... We can dream. :eek: :lol: ;)
In all honesty...FW West is fine. East is a solid meh. They could spruce up those planters IMHO.

It's FW CENTRAL that needs fixing...LaL...Carnival Tops...Whirlygigs.:hurl::hammer:

hpyhnt 1000

In all honesty...FW West is fine. East is a solid meh. They could spruce up those planters IMHO.

It's FW CENTRAL that needs fixing...LaL...Carnival Tops...Whirlygigs.:hurl::hammer:

Yes, West is still very nice, though the area around Imagination! gets a solid meh rating. Theres one area by Coral Reef that was a bit messy from what I remember. Still overall, very nice.

East is, decent, yes. It could look very nice, but they've taken so much out over the years that it looks very plain. From the vids that I've seen, there used to be some gorgeous trees throughout the area. But those have been lost. Right now, its too much grass and not enough tree.

And Central, yeah we know. :lol: Personally, I would like to see the flag pole back in the heart of Epcot instead of at the entrance. There's too much concrete on that main path between FW and WS. Imagine a planter shaped like the old EPCOT Center logo with the flag in the middle. I think that would look pretty neat. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, West is still very nice, though the area around Imagination! gets a solid meh rating. Theres one area by Coral Reef that was a bit messy from what I remember. Still overall, very nice.

East is, decent, yes. It could look very nice, but they've taken so much out over the years that it looks very plain. From the vids that I've seen, there used to be some gorgeous trees throughout the area. But those have been lost. Right now, its too much grass and not enough tree.

And Central, yeah we know. :lol: Personally, I would like to see the flag pole back in the heart of Epcot instead of at the entrance. There's too much concrete on that main path between FW and WS. Imagine a planter shaped like the old EPCOT Center logo with the flag in the middle. I think that would look pretty neat. :)

I have had that thought...It would be nice.:eek::sohappy:

As for FW West...On my last trip (Aug) the area looked VERY nice.

FW East though...Yes, too much grass and too many plams! It's not Adventureland!:lol: Even as a Floridian I was shocked.:lol: They really could start using those Angular Flower Beds for flowers.:rolleyes:

hpyhnt 1000

[/b]

I have had that thought...It would be nice.:eek::sohappy:

As for FW West...On my last trip (Aug) the area looked VERY nice.

FW East though...Yes, too much grass and too many plams! It's not Adventureland!:lol: Even as a Floridian I was shocked.:lol: They really could start using those Angular Flower Beds for flowers.:rolleyes:

Yes! Thats why as nice as the palms next to SSE are, I do miss the oaks a bit. Too bad they didn't save them and out them over in FW East. :(

In all honestry, something else that contributes to that meh look of FW East are the pavilions themselves. As stunning as M:S is, the clean, simple lines of Horizons were much more conducive to the overall desgin of the area. The swoops and arches of M:S are great, but its hard to make them fit in with the straight angles of FW East. Also, that metal structure at the entrance to TT? Yeah, the only place that look works is in a scrap yard. Everytime I see that thing, the more I begin to wish it wasn't there. It completely ruined the sleekness of the pavilion. Not to say it alone has ruined the look of the pavilion, but it is the biggest and most notable thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom