The Future of Tomorrowland? Tron Legacy.

Magenta Panther

I think TRON could lend itself to an amazing ride, and since the movies are certainly futuristic in nature, it'd be a good fit in Tomorrowland.

Hey, the Imagineers could always rip out the Stitch ride and put TRON in there. (Of course, they could rip out the Stitch ride and put a restroom in there. It'd still be an improvement. :lol: )

JustInTime

Please keep this out of Magic Kingdom! This isn't Disneyland. We actually have places to fit movie attractions. It's called Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Give us Wall-e and Meet the Robinson's in TL, please.

Vernonpush

Just be glad they didn't turn Tomorrowland into Treasure Planet land, or Atlantis: The Lost Nadia land.

When Treasure Planet was released there was a "character" on a surf board thing with a sail attached (sorry I never saw the movie) rolling through Tomorrowland.

I think the only thing TL will have anything related to Tron will be meet & greet.
Hopefully at night so their "EL wire" lit costumes can glow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IF Tron:Legacy is a smash, expect to see a large but also limited presence in Tomorrowland in a few years.

Please keep this out of Magic Kingdom! This isn't Disneyland. We actually have places to fit movie attractions. It's called Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Give us Wall-e and Meet the Robinson's in TL, please.
That made abs. no sense.

You just said "Tron is a movie! Keep it out of Tomorrowland! But you can bring WALL-E and Meet the Robinsons to Tomorrowland. We'll just keep it between us two that those are movies." :p :king: :hammer:

Haha, just kidding! Three of the attractions in Tomorrowland are already movie-based.
IF Tron:Legacy is a smash, expect to see a large but also limited presence in Tomorrowland in a few years.
By large, I'm sensing E-Ticket, by limited I'm sensing only one attraction.

Unless by limited you mean limited engagement?
What about that stage they built for "The Stitch Show" ? Couldn't they turn that into a "Tron Show" relatively fast?
I still think we should get ElecTRONica in TLand, using that stage.

MarkTwain

I could see a Tron mega E-ticket attraction fitting really well into Tomorrowland... a lot better than some of the attractions there now, anyway. I think the aesthetic styles would mesh nicely, and it could really rejuvenate that side of the park. Imagine if a Tron light-cycles ride opened in the place of SGE, which combined the ride system of DCA's Radiator Springs Racers or Journey to the Center of the Earth, with the 3D screen system of Spiderman and Harry Potter &TFJ. It could be amazing if done right.

ryno1982

I could see a Tron mega E-ticket attraction fitting really well into Tomorrowland... a lot better than some of the attractions there now, anyway. I think the aesthetic styles would mesh nicely, and it could really rejuvenate that side of the park. Imagine if a Tron light-cycles ride opened in the place of SGE, which combined the ride system of DCA's Radiator Springs Racers or Journey to the Center of the Earth, with the 3D screen system of Spiderman and Harry Potter &TFJ. It could be amazing if done right.

How on Earth would they ever fit a ride like that into the Stitch building?

SeaBase86

It wouldn't fit. However if they knock out the speedway and make a huge show building there that would be enough room fir a lightcyclebadventure which I believe may happen. I think if it does really well we'll see an attraction if it does ok we'll see a meet and greet.

djdan

All the remaining 1975 Tomorrowland buildings such as Carousel of Progress, TTA track, Space Mountain entrance building, and some 1971 pieces such as speedway and former tomorrowland terrace....all of these get some future 21st century or later aesthetic change for humans ala wall-e and tron.

But, but...but then I won't be reminded by Grandpa that in his day, they didn't have things like car phones...and, and....laser discs. :)

Exactly. Stitch is actually a very good use of the tiny space available there.
It wouldn't fit. However if they knock out the speedway and make a huge show building there that would be enough room fir a lightcyclebadventure which I believe may happen. I think if it does really well we'll see an attraction if it does ok we'll see a meet and greet.
My thoughts exactly amigo. :sohappy:

MarkTwain

My mistake... I spend a lot of the time looking at attraction showbuildings through satellite pictures, and I momentarily forgot that Stitch shares its building with much larger Buzz Lightyear ride. :eek: So I'll revise my statement to say that a Tron ride would be a great replacement for the Indy Speedway or for the old Skyway site.

googilycub

My mistake... I spend a lot of the time looking at attraction showbuildings through satellite pictures, and I momentarily forgot that Stitch shares its building with much larger Buzz Lightyear ride. :eek: So I'll revise my statement to say that a Tron ride would be a great replacement for the Indy Speedway or for the old Skyway site.

Stitch does not share the building with Buzz, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor does.

Thrill Seeker

My vote is still for Tron to take over WoL in Epcot. That building if gutted could make a great Tron themed pavilion. Include an arcade area, an explanation of how computers have changed our lives and the major E-Ticket and you have yourself a fantastic Future World Pavilion.

Thrill

Too extreme. The most I can see is a ride in WDW, and a PeopleMover refurb in DLR. Changing the look of the whole land is very unlikely, but I think it would be pretty cool.

My vote is still for Tron to take over WoL in Epcot. That building if gutted could make a great Tron themed pavilion. Include an arcade area, an explanation of how computers have changed our lives and the major E-Ticket and you have yourself a fantastic Future World Pavilion.

Doesn't fit for me. I see Future World as a technology-based land and Tomorrowland as a fantastical view of the future. Tron is a better fit in Tomorrowland. Disney shouldn't use them for the same purpose when their themes are totally different. They already wrecked Hollywood Studios and Tomorrowland by putting attractions in the wrong places. Even the recent additions to Future World are making me question whether they have any care about placement anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom