The forest arrives at Fantasy Forest in the new Fantasyland

thewhitequeen

That's crazy. I can't think of any other park that would go through that much trouble to block people from seeing what's going on.

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done! :D

WDW-Crazy

I'm thinking that these trees will eventually be planted somewhere within that area of the expansion. That's probably why they didn't show up until now. If they intended on just using them for a temporary "more permanent-looking" barrier, they would've appeared awhile ago. That's my guess.

Atomicmickey

Yeah, in general, the addition of the "Forest" to Fantasyland is really going to change the character of the entire place--in a GREAT way, if you ask me.

It already looks better . . . .:sohappy:

ob1thx1138

It seems a little early to start moving in landscaping elements like this they are going to just get in the way of all the heavy equipment. One idea is that maybe they are staging them to both block a little more sight and sound from the construction, but also they can be quickly moved into place to mask the construction area for a single day while they film the new soarin movie.

thewhitequeen

I was getting a little bummed out that we'd have to be looking at partition walls in Fantasyland during our next trip, but this progress is a bit exciting!

cookiee_munster

awesome. i wrote in another thread somewhere concerning planting/landscaping. it'll look awesome when the whole place is properly planted up.

i do wonder how much (if any) planting will go around near pooh?

RSoxNo1

Those guys are going to want some serious water. Disney don't typically use Oaks as a screen. I think this is more dual purpose. I'm guessing they are going to be used in the project, and are now onsite and can serve as a screen until they are positioned.

Yes. That.

Yeah, these aren't the normal 5-6 ft planters to obscure your view. These will definitely be used in the final project.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
If they intend Fantasyland Forest to be grown in at all, the landscaping (trees) needs to be planted ASAP. Parts of Animal Kingdom were planted over five years in advance of the park opening to have it ready.

enoe01

I am sure they will be used in the final product but i am sure they are being used as a sight and sound barrier, they also can help cut down on the amount of dust that may blow around and into the current guest areas.

Erik

EPCOTCenterLover

Glad to see the tress- looks great- and Fantasyland needs the natural charm greenery brings.

(BTW, WDWFigment, GREAT trip report. Glad you liked the Disneyland Resort. Good insights, too.)

NoChesterHester

I am sure they will be used in the final product but i am sure they are being used as a sight and sound barrier, they also can help cut down on the amount of dust that may blow around and into the current guest areas.

Erik

Looking at the eye-level pics the trees definitely soften the skyline and edge of the very long construction wall.

Breaking up the sky always helps the human experience.

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the pics and video. Looks like the trees are definitely just plopped there--and will find a permanent home, soon, hopefully. Like what they said.

Wow, had no idea the HM Queue work was that extensive.

*runs off to read more about that, if possible*

calicommando

How long can you keep trees that big in buckets? It seems like they wouldn't be able to last long as screens and would need to be put in the ground before too long. :shrug:

S

stphnbogert

DisneyParksFan1

has anyone noticed they put the concrete foundation in front of the be our guest restaurant. is that going to be belle's cottage. i'm so FREAKING excited about this expansion. aaahhhh =D but they need to bring aurora and cinderella's chateau's back =/

Why? I mean we are getting a Mine Car coaster as a replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom