The forest arrives at Fantasy Forest in the new Fantasyland

jt04

Wow...um....huh. Not sure what to make of that. They look nice but I don't have any idea what the mouse is up to.

S

stphnbogert

they better be moving those trees. i check this website everyday for updated photos and videos of the construction. and if disney is reading this.....BRING CINDERELLA AND AURORA back!!!! =)

Brian Noble

At the very least, it will improve the look of the area back there---even from the ground, and even back in July, it wasn't exactly good looking.

DocMcHulk

I would imagine their primary goal is to block ground level views of the the construction going vertical as much as possible.

cbconglom

we can still see!! thanks samuele!!

http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/10/fantasyland-forest-new-update.html#more

30vizoz.jpg

tiaragirl

It's magic how fast the mouse can grow trees!

Personally, I think it looks a lot better than the scaffolding, etc - but a bummer if it prevents over the wall pictures.

Atomicmickey

Well, yeah, it's going to block the view, and also improve the view at the same time, It would be cool if they themed the construction walls as well--but I guess they don't want people to think they are "theming on the cheap". Anyway, the trees do look nice.

Find a way, spies! Must have more construction pics!

If they're trying to block the view of Dumbo-cam, that shows how seriously they're taking leaks and such these days. Keeping the magic, magic. And bulldozers ain't magic!

Atomicmickey

OK, so you can see by this pic that the trees are all in buckets.
These are from that orlando parks news site--thanks!

I'm guessing these are just a temporary screen!
29go5xj.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, so you can see by this pic that the trees are all in buckets.
These are from that orlando parks news site--thanks!

I'm guessing these are just a temporary screen!
29go5xj.jpg

Those guys are going to want some serious water. Disney don't typically use Oaks as a screen. I think this is more dual purpose. I'm guessing they are going to be used in the project, and are now onsite and can serve as a screen until they are positioned.

Lee

Adventurer
Those guys are going to want some serious water. Disney don't typically use Oaks as a screen. I think this is more dual purpose. I'm guessing they are going to be used in the project, and are now onsite and can serve as a screen until they are positioned.
Yes. That.

MKCP 1985

Gosh, it seems like not long ago at all Disney was cutting down trees in the Magic Kingdom, clearing the views for fireworks. I'd have to say that a true canopy of trees in Fantasyland where firework viewing is not necessarily encouraged and where no parades run would be an awesome addition and a welcome change in a blistering hot and mostly open and exposed to the sun area of the park.

I hadn't really given any serious thought to an actual forest feel, but if they do green up the backside of Fantasyland, I will be pleased and impressed. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom