The fate of Star Tours?

Phicinfan

@marni1971 , others...
Wasn't there a rumor about a Water ride at least being looked at for DHS? I could have sworn at some point it was discussed other than we wished for it ...

Tavernacle12

@marni1971 , others...
Wasn't there a rumor about a Water ride at least being looked at for DHS? I could have sworn at some point it was discussed other than we wished for it ...

I feel like it was something someone said the park needed and the other posters in the topic took it as being something that obviously had once been planned since DHS didn't have a water ride yet. Like how some times Jungle Book/Lion King dark rides come up for AK despite them not being actually considered (though I recall recently Marni mentioned a Lion King one had briefly come up a few years back so maybe that's not the best example).

DreamfinderGuy

I had a feeling that once SWL opened that the sims could be moved to Epcot, but I retracted my theory after the new Star Tours additions were announced. Do people still think Star Tours might be making an exit?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I had a feeling that once SWL opened that the sims could be moved to Epcot, but I retracted my theory after the new Star Tours additions were announced. Do people still think Star Tours might be making an exit?

Yes. The additions are probably not that expensive to add and they are being used to promote the movies, so it's probably not a big deal if they only last a year or two.

Captain Neo

Yes. The additions are probably not that expensive to add and they are being used to promote the movies, so it's probably not a big deal if they only last a year or two.

Star Tours is such a beloved attraction though. Especially at Disneyland where its as revered as Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion. Would they really get rid of it and what could they possibly replace it with?

I was originally thinking at DL they would replace ST with the Iron Man ride from Hong Kong and Buzz Lightyear with that new Ant-Man ride but now they said Marvel stuff is only going to DCA so that leaves Tomorrowland (and Star Tours in Orlando) totally up in the air now.

I remember reading about some ideas that WDI tossed about during the early days of Hollywood Studios. One of those was The Great Muppet Movie Ride featuring Muppets parodies of each scene from the original ride. Would be kind of brilliant if they rethemed Star Tours to feature the Muppets in place of the Star Wars characters. Maybe even throw in a Dark Kermit AA. :joyfull:

Spencer_ralph46

I remember reading about some ideas that WDI tossed about during the early days of Hollywood Studios. One of those was The Great Muppet Movie Ride featuring Muppets parodies of each scene from the original ride. Would be kind of brilliant if they rethemed Star Tours to feature the Muppets in place of the Star Wars characters. Maybe even throw in a Dark Kermit AA. :joyfull:
I was thinking that this could happen

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom