Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

Purduevian

The critic in me asks why do it?
My hopeful hypothesis:
With Epcot feeling more like a half day park these days, and only festivals keeping crowds returning, was/is this an attempt to bring more guests “planted” in the epcot bubble? This could help fill the park and restaurants later into the evening around the lagoon (since the taco barge ip show was not able to do so). Epcot has so much capacity (and currently untapped potential) and possibly this was/is a plan to help siphon guests away from MK?
Imagine what a new resort, a new country or two and a well thought out ride or two could do for pulling crowds out of MK a bit, yet increasing guest attendance and spending. Let’s go, Mike! Pull the trigger on this puppy!
Half day park with so much capacity seems like an oxymoron

lazyboy97o

Half day park with so much capacity seems like an oxymoron
The problem with the term “capacity” is that it is used to describe different things that don’t always directly correlate. Epcot is physically large and you can fit a lot of people within its gates (also called occupant load in the context of buildings), but it’s attraction capacity is insufficient for that number of people.

Andrew25

The problem with the term “capacity” is that it is used to describe different things that don’t always directly correlate. Epcot is physically large and you can fit a lot of people within its gates (also called occupant load in the context of buildings), but it’s attraction capacity is insufficient for that number of people.

I actually think attraction capacity is sufficient at Epcot, it's just being wasted since nobody wants to ride an abandoned Figment or a YouTube Awesome Planet video.

bcoachable

Yea!!! What Lazy said!!!
“Build it (out) and they will come”

Disstevefan1

It would be really cool if the built something that looked like the original EPCOT hotel.
oldEPCOT.png

Who am I kidding, I know they will build a boring utilitarian hotel and charge outrageous prices to stay there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Epcot has the capacity, but a lot of is underutilized by not so popular attractions like Figment, Mission Space, Awesome Planet, etc.

If they can get some great attractions or refurbishments into those buildings, Remy/Frozen waits at Epcot would be a lot better.
I’ve said they should build a IASW type of water ride with a huge capacity. Have all of their IP’s at this attraction to Please the masses.

SplashJacket

It would be really cool if the built something that looked like the original EPCOT hotel.
View attachment 701511
Who am I kidding, I know they will build a boring utilitarian hotel and charge outrageous prices to stay there.
Now that you mention design, I’m honestly not sure what I would want an Epcot hotel to look like.

Should it be a reflection of the park? Past and present? Have Horizon themed rooms, magic journeys, etc, or should it commemorate the original Epcot design?

Or should it be something new entirely?

If it’s something new all-together?

Andrew25

Now that you mention design, I’m honestly not sure what I would want an Epcot hotel to look like.

Should it be a reflection of the park? Past and present? Have Horizon themed rooms, magic journeys, etc, or should it commemorate the original Epcot design?

Or should it be something new entirely?

If it’s something new all-together?

Points at Disneyland Hotel DVC tower

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting post over on Disboards about this. It was being discussed that the Tik-Tokker probably got this information from construction bid information from Dodge Data & Analytics. Someone responded with this...

"I see something close to what he is talking about and I think he is wrong. Most info like companies is blurred to me as I'm not a member but I can see basics.

There is a large deal for "Hotel/Motel" but it is for Guest Room Renovations. I see the Contemporary, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian. Can see lots of big projects; Star Wars hotel, parking garage etc.

But then I see this which could fit with his theory "Apartments/Condominiums 1-3 Stories, Apartments/Condominiums 4+ Stories, Swimming Pool, Social Club, Miscellaneous Recreational" BUT it is for Affordable Housing and I think it is likely part of the promise from Disney to build apartments for CMs."

cranbiz

Interesting post over on Disboards about this. It was being discussed that the Tik-Tokker probably got this information from construction bid information from Dodge Data & Analytics. Someone responded with this...

"I see something close to what he is talking about and I think he is wrong. Most info like companies is blurred to me as I'm not a member but I can see basics.

There is a large deal for "Hotel/Motel" but it is for Guest Room Renovations. I see the Contemporary, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian. Can see lots of big projects; Star Wars hotel, parking garage etc.

But then I see this which could fit with his theory "Apartments/Condominiums 1-3 Stories, Apartments/Condominiums 4+ Stories, Swimming Pool, Social Club, Miscellaneous Recreational" BUT it is for Affordable Housing and I think it is likely part of the promise from Disney to build apartments for CMs."
Sounds more like Flamingo Crossing expansion, which is something that was planned earlier.

bcoachable

I’m sure it’s been brought up before-
How cool would a “Horizons Hotel” be? Lobby could be an Omni mover that gave a bit of background history- then- When you check in, everyone in your party votes on a theme- winner decided by majority… etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom