The Enchanted Magic Kingdom 6-25-06

LoriSue

It's after you go through the ticket turnstyles just before you walk into the park under the train tracks. It's in WDW and DL

Chape19714

The black bar is indeed covering Dowtown Disney, and probally is even covering indication of the old West Side bus stops, which still exist, btw, and look fine, just no busses.

THANKS FOR THE AWSOME UPDATE!

schachteles

LOVE the pictures. Do you...or anyone else for that matter...have a picture of the barber shop at the front of MK...we had my daughters first haricut done there when we were there in May and I totally spaced out and didn't take a picture of the outside and it would be cute for her scrapbook.

Let me know!

Thanks for sharing! Kim

duckburg85

The whole thing about calling Disneyland "the magic kingdom" was something Walt talked about before it opened and what people refer it as today. In 1960 Disneyland also became known as the magic kingdom. If anyone made it to Disneyland recently saw a great movie with Steve Martin about the 50th aniversery that was located in the Great moments with Mr. Lincoln theater. He talked about the name change when he was 15 and started working in Merlin's magic shop on main street. The shirts were made for Disneyland, but i guess they must have printed a ton so there selling them everywhere.

Chape19714

duckburg85 said:
The whole thing about calling Disneyland "the magic kingdom" was something Walt talked about before it opened and what people refer it as today. In 1960 Disneyland also became known as the magic kingdom. If anyone made it to Disneyland recently saw a great movie with Steve Martin about the 50th aniversery that was located in the Great moments with Mr. Lincoln theater. He talked about the name change when he was 15 and started working in Merlin's magic shop on main street. The shirts were made for Disneyland, but i guess they must have printed a ton so there selling them everywhere.
Yep, saw that movie. It was very good. Kinda bummed that I missed Great Moments, but hey, I made it to DL for the 50th!

lebeau

Thanks for the fantastic update. I've been kind of bummed because my plans to go again keep getting pushed further and further back. But your pics and vids were the next best thing!

DisneySam

Great update! The pictures were like being there for me too! I would love to ride the HM over and over in the rain LOL.

Odd Question---has anyone ever been on a dark ride (or any ride for that matter) during a storm and had the electric go out? When I lived in Clearwater our electric always went out during a bad thunderstorm.

Foolish Mortal

Horizons1 said:
One last shot of the alleyway, I love that alleyway. Its such a nice place to sit and soak up the ambience of Main Street USA. (Not to mention, no one goes back there!)

Sssshhhhh :zipit: :lol: I agree with ya ! I love sitting back there with a beverage and listening to the woman practice her opera singing.

Nice job with the pics. Thanks for sharing :wave:

uglybug2005

OmegaKnight said:
That t-shirt drives me nuts. I have no idea why Disney sells it in the park. BTW, if you can't figure out what is wrong with it, its a picture of Mickey and Walt standing on Main Street at Disneyland, not Magic Kingdom, even though the shirt says Magic Kingdom on it.

Years before Walt Disney World was built here in sunny Central Florida (and even to this day), Disneyland park was referred to as "The Magic Kingdom," "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom," and "Magic Kingdom," in various television shows, advertisements, and guidebooks, and there is nothing wrong with images of Walt at Disneyland being sold/displayed at WDW... Especially during Disneyland's 50th anniversary. What's the big deal, Jamie?

uglybug2005

Gucci65 said:
Where is the placque located that states "Here you leave today behind....."

I swear I have never seen that before.

quote]

The plaques (which were just added last year) are above the tunnels beneath Main St. Station as you enter MK.

a2grafix

Horizons1 said:
Round 5!

Galaxy Palace Theater was actually getting some use...

dsc022369zv.jpg

Brings back memories but do not remember the signage. Do the Kids of The Kingdom still perform there? I remember the good old days of the late 1970s and early 1980s. I believe this is where Kids of the Kingdom performed, but unsure of the theater was named as such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom