The Enchanted Magic Kingdom 6-25-06

ImagineeratPlay

Castle Mirror

kcnole said:
I can't get enough of that shot down Main Street. I'll just be glad once we get that ugly mirror off the castle and she's back to her pristine glory.
:lookaroun Ummm ... I know the person who designed the mirror. It was going to be different with some really cool special effects, but then there were some budget cuts. I really like it, but I can see why you like the castle without anything on it. But, you have to admit it's way better that the castle cake!:)

landauh

brentley2 said:
Hate to tell you this, but when I was at DLR in March, they were calling it the Magic Kingdom...to which I became enraged. My poor BF never did get why I was so mad about that! Disneyland is NOT the Magic Kindgom- it's Disneyland!:mad:

DL has been called the Magic Kingdom since the 1950s. There was a Magic Kingdom Club that people could join and get discounts tickets for the park. In fact my dad was the MKC representative for the machine shop he worked at and each October we got to go to DL for free (except food and merchandise).

As someone else said, MK in WDW is actually the short form of the offical name Magic Kingdom Park at WDW.

kcnole

:lookaroun Ummm ... I know the person who designed the mirror. It was going to be different with some really cool special effects, but then there were some budget cuts. I really like it, but I can see why you like the castle without anything on it. But, you have to admit it's way better that the castle cake!:)

I don't think it's ugly and I enjoyed seeing it putting on the ritz last time I was there. I'm just ready for it to get back to its former glory. The updated paint was great and some of the gold gilding I really like, but it's a little much for me, with the mirror being the main thing I don't like.

I will agree, at least it isn't a cake. That was the worst idea ever.

iheartdisney91

you know i like that shirt im going to buy it even though it was wrong but who cares? i know i know you guys do but i dont really care its an awesome shirt

Gucci65

Where is the placque located that states "Here you leave today behind....."

I swear I have never seen that before.

EDIT: forgot to add: thanks for the pics and video!!

hooladude

Horizons1 said:
dsc021304qj.jpg

Hmm, have they changed the colours? i could have swore they were blue the last time i went?

DisneyRoxMySox

TP2000 said:
It's never been referred to "Disneyland Magic Kingdom", and the term "magic kingdom" in California is really only used when the words "Walt Disney's" come before it, as it has since the time it opened in '55. QUOTE]

I seem to remember a CM saying it was Disneyland's Magic Kingdom Park. But I could be wrong.

shaelyn

Where is the placque located that states "Here you leave today behind....."

I swear I have never seen that before.

Above the tunnel you pass under on your way INTO the park, under the train station.

That sentence was awful but I just woke up lol. Hopefully you know where I'm talking about?

And I have the mug with that image on it, because I thought it was adorable. I don't mind the "Magic Kingdom" on it, because, as others have said, I've heard Disneyland referred to as Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. And because I know abig part of it was proooobably just to get it in stores in both parks haha.

And thanks for the updates! I loove pics!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Connor002 said:
Thanks for the update.

Anyone one else see something... interesting... in this photo?
Or maybe my mind's just in the gutter. :lookaroun
hmmmm, i dont really see anything....... so maybe my gutter is a lot dirtier then yours.

:D

mhead

iheartdisney91 said:
you know i like that shirt im going to buy it even though it was wrong but who cares? i know i know you guys do but i dont really care its an awesome shirt

I agree. I love the shirt - and bought one several months ago - it has been there for a while. If they had put Walt in front of the WDW castle some people would complain that he never walked there so it is inaccurate. I am all for anyhting that keeps Walt in Walt Disney World merchandise- too often I think he gets forgotten.

AS far as the plaques (here you leave...) it is funny that I too had NEVER noticed them until my trip a few weeks back. We were hanging out there waitng for the rest of the family and I looked up and pointed them out to my wife. You see we went to DL last summer and commented on the plaques there and even said something to the effect of -"funny they don't have those in Florida." I think they get overlooked at WDW because the tunnel entrances are so high and so much bigger than those in DL. At Dl it is almost eye level as you go in!

Gucci65

Thanks to Shaelyn and Mhead for letting me know where the plaque is located.

DUH!!!! Somedays are blonder than others.:lol:

majortom1981

sign

Look at the sign in that pic in the top left on the post. I dont know what that is supposed to be so i cant tell you if its dirty or not lol.

Cynderella

majortom1981 said:
Look at the sign in that pic in the top left on the post. I dont know what that is supposed to be so i cant tell you if its dirty or not lol.

Haha that's what I was thinking too. It's the only thing I could think of in that pic that could be possibly dirty.....You people and your dirty minds! :lol: :wave:

MSTINKHERBELL01

iheartdisney91 said:

It's funny, my gf bought the same shirt at our local Disney Outlet store for $9.99 about 2 mo. ago. It's crazy because when we went to the parks it was there for over 19 bucks.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom