The Edison--details announced

Next Big Thing

Tim Tracker has an update on YouTube. Looks like finish work happening from the top down of the exteriors. Seems they aren't in a major rush. Probably preferring a holiday season opening. Time will tell.
What the hell do you mean "time will tell"? They obviously aren't aiming for a summer opening or they wouldn't be advertising "Fall 2017"... :rolleyes:

BlindChow

wdwmagic said:
...the restaurant, bar and nighttime entertainment destination will feature a number of distinct spaces. The Lab performance space, The Ember Parlour, Telegraph Lounge, The Patent Office, The Tesla Lounge, The Radio Room, and a Waterfront Patio.
I call foul on "The Tesla Lounge," unless Edison agents show up every ten minutes to tear the place up, overturning tables, spilling drinks and the like...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Very true about The Tunnels. I keep forgetting about that. I could see that one being the adults only. I just don't see The Edison being able or willing to turn away families. But then I don't know why someone would want to bring a kid to a bar after a certain point at night but that's a whole other debate.
I tend to agree. My kids have gone to Disney countless times starting at 14 months and 2 months forward now each 20 somethings. The only lounge bar we took them too was Roosters at POR. It is an interactive family entertainment place or they would not have been there either. Now we get to see what we were missing after a couple of decades.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, July 3.

IMG_9775.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So now how many years has this project been under construction? and it is still not complete?

This project clearly ran into issues. There were a lot of anomalies in the permit documents, for example a new water management permit was filed well after construction was under way. There were also clearly times when construction came to a halt. There was also talk of Walt's at one point but we don't see that anymore. This is not a case of just slow construction, something else was up with this project.

Jon81uk

Also I think there was a long period of nothingness followed by demolition. Actual building things construction hasn't been going on as long. Plus as everything around it is finished it makes access to the site harder slowing work even further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom