The Edison--details announced

DrewmanS

It would certainly be refreshing if that were still required however. They could claim to be the sophisticated restaurant none of the other venues at Disney Springs are.

Edit: Perhaps they will have a hybrid system where it's "family friendly" until 4pm (lunch) and then after 6pm the stricter rules would apply.

Edison LA does not open until 5pm. Is it possible this will be an adults only establishment open late night.

dreamfinder

Would just cause confusion. People would see people walking in in their theme park attire all afternoon, which makes people think that there is no upscale dress code for the restaurant.

Is this all that different than Trader Sams allowing minors in before 8pm but 21+ after? People seeing kids going in early on but then not at night.

JimW

Premium Member
Lol and I speak for the entire forum when I say i could care less. My point is clear, this place is not open yet! If you want to go post to post, i am more than ready ☺️
If you could care less, that means you care. Could you please elaborate on how much you care?

I'm not sure what the rest of your post means. This isn't a competition. I'm not interested in going "post to post". However, I do appreciate the offer.

csmat99

Edison LA does not open until 5pm. Is it possible this will be an adults only establishment open late night.
I have been to Edison in LA and it's an Adult only place. It's a bar and nightlife place than restaurant. I would be shocked if they change the dress code or allow people under 21 unless they have a dedicated area apart from the club.

disney4life2008

If you could care less, that means you care. Could you please elaborate on how much you care?

I'm not sure what the rest of your post means. This isn't a competition. I'm not interested in going "post to post". However, I do appreciate the offer.

Obviously you cared enough to respond to my post. What all I said is about the places not being open. There was no shade! But you obviously took it as shade. It was an honest question. Post to post means i will debate sowe can go back and forth with a meaningless argument.

dreamfinder

Trader Sams does not have a dress code

No, but they do have different expectations of guests depending on when you go. So someone could see a child going in when Trader Sams opens and then try to bring their kids that night, just like how a guest could see someone going to lunch at the Edison in a tshirt, and then try to attend for drinks that evening wearing a tshirt. Yes, people may go completely braindead while on vacation, but there is precedence already on property for having differing rules depending on when you visit.

Kman101

One thing to remember about The Edison as Disney Springs is that it will be owned and operated by the Patina Restaurant group which the one in LA is not. So I would not be surprised to see different policies at DS.

That's a good point. But how family friendly will the entertainment be? I could maybe see a rule where no kids after a certain time like Trader Sams but do they really want to deal with having to enforce it? Guess we'll see.

Next Big Thing

That's a good point. But how family friendly will the entertainment be? I could maybe see a rule where no kids after a certain time like Trader Sams but do they really want to deal with having to enforce it? Guess we'll see.
Especially since Edison is a much larger facility than Trader Sam's and turning away kids at a restaurant in DS is practically asking for a death certificate (Most of the high spenders on property are those with kids).

DrewmanS

Especially since Edison is a much larger facility than Trader Sam's and turning away kids at a restaurant in DS is practically asking for a death certificate (Most of the high spenders on property are those with kids).
This will be interesting to watch. I view The Edison as a nightclub/bar not a restaurant. How (if at all) will they alter their policies at DS? If it is "family friendly in the afternoon", people might be shocked by the burlesque and entertainment at night. Do they keep their dress code to keep with theming and upscale vibe and try to be a "destination" venue or loosen up the dress code and try to draw in sidewalk guests? How will it evolve over time?

Next Big Thing

This will be interesting to watch. I view The Edison as a nightclub/bar not a restaurant. How (if at all) will they alter their policies at DS? If it is "family friendly in the afternoon", people might be shocked by the burlesque and entertainment at night. Do they keep their dress code to keep with theming and upscale vibe and try to be a "destination" venue or loosen up the dress code and try to draw in sidewalk guests? How will it evolve over time?
I'd say if they do go the route of banning the rugrats at night and turning it into a true bar/nightclub experience, they better hope the locals love the place. And they will need to cater to them as well.

There simply isn't enough people traveling to WDW without children under 18 (or 21?) to keep the establishment afloat for long at the price Disney is going to be charging them for rent. I have to wonder why Edison chose DS and not someplace like I-Drive 360 or CityWalk.

Kman101

I kind of figure they will gear it more towards everyone. But maybe having just one dedicated adult place at night won't bomb. The trouble is when most of them are. But I'm interested in seeing what they ultimately do.

Next Big Thing

I kind of figure they will gear it more towards everyone. But maybe having just one dedicated adult place at night won't bomb. The trouble is when most of them are. But I'm interested in seeing what they ultimately do.
See I think The Tunnels is what I would expect to be the adults only place. It'll be smaller and more hidden. The Edison is huge and in plain sight, meaning families are going to easily stumble across it.

Kman101

See I think The Tunnels is what I would expect to be the adults only place. It'll be smaller and more hidden. The Edison is huge and in plain sight, meaning families are going to easily stumble across it.

Very true about The Tunnels. I keep forgetting about that. I could see that one being the adults only. I just don't see The Edison being able or willing to turn away families. But then I don't know why someone would want to bring a kid to a bar after a certain point at night but that's a whole other debate.

rioriz

From yesterday

Attachments

• 20170612_125115.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
  • 20170612_125105.jpg
    20170612_125105.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 154

TrojanUSC

For those who have not been to the LA location, allow me to clarify that it is much more a bar and nightlife destination than a restaurant. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of people who are there visit to drink. Food comes up at the end of the night, mostly. There's dancing, different bars and some entertainment - usually unique artsy performances or acts that are reminiscent of the time period they're trying to convey (1920s - so think flapper girls, etc).

To summarize and provide a visual, imagine you opened a bar/club in Tower of Terror's boiler room (very similar comparison visually), complete with some entertainment, specialty acts, dancing and a limited amount of food. You have The Edison.

jt04

Tim Tracker has an update on YouTube. Looks like finish work happening from the top down of the exteriors. Seems they aren't in a major rush. Probably preferring a holiday season opening. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom