The Edison--details announced

Rteetz

IMG_5991.JPG
IMG_5995.JPG
IMG_5993.JPG

From this morning

Magenta Panther

This is looking amazing! I wonder what kind of lighting it'll have at night? Wouldn't it be cool if there were sparks and occasional bolts of electrical current somewhere on the roof?

I am Timmy

Wouldn't it be ironic, I've been waiting for months to see this place and by the time it's done and I get there, I am turned away at the door because of the dress code? I've been checking out the LA website, so interesting - but that place seems to have a strict dress code. I wish they would start putting out some info. on this one! I already warned my family we may have to take a fancier than usual outfit on our Disney trip this year. By the way, thanks to everyone that has been giving updates! It is so appreciated!

jt04

I'd love them to adhere to a strict dress code, but this is being built at WDW. I don't know that they can or would enforce one.

Who says it has to be "strict"? A basic dress code is reasonable. And they already require shirts and shoes so a dress code is already being enforced.

Kman101

With the struggles the more high end locations like STK are having getting patrons I doubt they will want to do anything to deter people even more.

That's very true.

And with STK, the building barely stands out. For various reasons I'm not surprised STK has struggled. The rest of the restaurants seem to be doing ok pulling in guests but that's just my assumption, I don't know the numbers.

I am Timmy

I don't know if it's me, but I've been researching the new restaurant offerings, esp. in Disney Springs, and it feels like a lot of them are offering the same food! Too many are steak, chicken, fish, ribs, etc. And not much going on in the way of aesthetics. I am now relying on reviews of said food. That is one big reason I am looking forward to the Edison, so interesting and different. I also enjoy history and architecture, so that just makes me want to see this even more.

disneygeek90

The dress code on other locations alone makes this seem like an odd pick for Disney. The building looks interesting, though. I would assume this would be a much more relaxed setting than others.

disney4life2008

I think I speak for the entire population of the forum when I thank you for this incredibly invaluable addition to the discussion.

Lol and I speak for the entire forum when I say i could care less. My point is clear, this place is not open yet! If you want to go post to post, i am more than ready ☺️

roj2323

The Edison LA dress code. I doubt they will have the same in Disney Springs.

View attachment 208413

It would certainly be refreshing if that were still required however. They could claim to be the sophisticated restaurant none of the other venues at Disney Springs are.

Edit: Perhaps they will have a hybrid system where it's "family friendly" until 4pm (lunch) and then after 6pm the stricter rules would apply.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Edit: Perhaps they will have a hybrid system where it's "family friendly" until 4pm (lunch) and then after 6pm the stricter rules would apply.
Would just cause confusion. People would see people walking in in their theme park attire all afternoon, which makes people think that there is no upscale dress code for the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom