• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Edison--details announced

Jon81uk

Just dug into the hiring site for Patina Restaurant Group (PRG). Looks like they are hiring for positions at all four of the new concepts at Disney Springs INCLUDING The Edison! In describing the 'opportunity' (job) it states:

The Edison
with an estimated opening of December 2017, is a lavish “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar, and nighttime destination with live entertainment. It presents cabaret, burlesque and music, craft cocktails, and classic American dishes. As it is an extension of our Downtown Los Angeles location, the concept continues as “where science meets industry” and the venue is rooted in creativity, imagination, and innovation. - (italics, bold and underline mine)

Looks like a December opening is planned. With the way things have gone I would count more on a very late December opening; though I think they should be highly motivated to open for the Christmas and New Years visitors, especially since they offer to accommodate private parties.

With an actual date now announced, any guesses as to when reservations will be available?
There hasn't been an official announcement yet. The comment about January 1st is from a 3rd party source. The job postings on Patina's site estimates a December opening, and The Edison's site says opening fall. I would say they clearly are a bit overwhelmed and under organized, yet still trying to make a big push to open by New Years so they can have a record crowd on opening night. If they really can do it they should update their site with an official announcement in the next couple of weeks with reservations opening around Dec 1st. Purely speculation, based on recent openings of other Disney restaurants.

Last edited:

Rteetz

There hasn't been an official announcement yet. The comment about January 1st is grom a 3rd party source. The job postings on Patina's site estimates a December opening, and The Edison's site says opening fall. I would say they clearly are a bit overwhelmed and under organized yet trying to make a big push to open my New Years so they can have a record crowd on opening night. If they really can do it they should update their site with an official announcement in the next couple of weeks with reservations opening around Dec 1st. Purely speculation, based on recent openings of other Disney restaurants.
The info came from tweets from Disney Springs venues. I think it is safe to say December/January is the timeframe.

Top Bottom