The Edison--details announced

VaderTron

With an actual date now announced, any guesses as to when reservations will be available?

There hasn't been an official announcement yet. The comment about January 1st is from a 3rd party source. The job postings on Patina's site estimates a December opening, and The Edison's site says opening fall. I would say they clearly are a bit overwhelmed and under organized, yet still trying to make a big push to open by New Years so they can have a record crowd on opening night. If they really can do it they should update their site with an official announcement in the next couple of weeks with reservations opening around Dec 1st. Purely speculation, based on recent openings of other Disney restaurants.

Last edited:

Rteetz

There hasn't been an official announcement yet. The comment about January 1st is grom a 3rd party source. The job postings on Patina's site estimates a December opening, and The Edison's site says opening fall. I would say they clearly are a bit overwhelmed and under organized yet trying to make a big push to open my New Years so they can have a record crowd on opening night. If they really can do it they should update their site with an official announcement in the next couple of weeks with reservations opening around Dec 1st. Purely speculation, based on recent openings of other Disney restaurants.
The info came from tweets from Disney Springs venues. I think it is safe to say December/January is the timeframe.

KrazyKat

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but The Edison sign is lit up. Credit for pics go to bioreconstruct on Twitter.
74AC0C12-AC23-4E92-83AC-70DBB2A26C25.jpeg
9A669EE0-3837-48DF-A4D4-75ED3876BFA1.jpeg

jt04

So I am guessing that the delay may have been the logistics of having Star Wars premiering along with the Edison opening during the Christmas rush would have been overwhelming.

Good thing they are building another parking structure.

Benjik

I’m sure this has already been mentioned, but I wish they would add restaurants with this much theming to the Disney resort hotels and within the parks. Everything that has been added recently seems so stale and boring with no or a very limited story behind it. Yes, there are a few good themed restaurants but the majority are slapped together with so so food. Be Our Guest is a great theme but terrible food IMO. Most of the EPCOT restaurants are great, but they have been around for a long time. O'hana is great, whispering canyon has a great theme but again these have been around forever. I haven't been, but The Ale and Compass at BC looks pretty disappointing compared to what is being imagined over at DS. At a deluxe property I would expect something better. We stopped going to DS when we visit. We have plenty of malls at home and the Disney transit makes it a waste of time to go just to eat. It is a bummer because the food we have had at DS has been some of the best we've had at Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom