The Edison--details announced

Magenta Panther

TrojanUSC

Will it be family-friendly during the day? I'd love to go in and look around, as I love the steampunk aesthetic, but I'm only 17...:p

Yes, it will be a casual bar/restaurant during the day. At night it becomes more of a nightclub. Age restriction will only happen at night, unless they implement some rule that requires minors to be accompanied by an adult at all times.

For those who haven't been to the LA one, imagine if they turned the Tower of Terror boiler room into a very cool nightclub. That's what the Edison is. Period dancers, themed food/drinks, current music interspersed with period songs, etc.

dizneeboy

Any details on reservations after the 1st? Can you book through Disney or will you need to call the restaurant directly? Will be there the 4th through the 9th for the marathon weekend.

dreamfinder

Any details on reservations after the 1st? Can you book through Disney or will you need to call the restaurant directly? Will be there the 4th through the 9th for the marathon weekend.

Usually when a restaurant opens at WDW they don't take reservations for a few weeks. Gives the staff time to figure out how quickly tables turn over, get the bugs worked out, etc. Even if they soft open before NYE, I don't think they would start accepting reservations for a bit. Doing passed trays and buffet (or whatever their NYE party is exactly) isn't as demanding as full service.

dreamfinder

Wonder if there will be a nod or tribute to the Adventurer's Club in the Edison...Hmm...

Thought I had read how some people were trying to pass this off as a nod to AC.
glo98374394850934.jpg

If you look straight up from underneath the globe, the compass rose (or whatever we call that decor on the ceiling) makes it look the old AC logo. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me......

Cmdr_Crimson

glo98374394850934.jpg

If you look straight up from underneath the globe, the compass rose (or whatever we call that decor on the ceiling) makes it look the old AC logo. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me......

When they first showed the Atrium in the Edison I just had an Adv Club vibe to it...
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
2586260890_201b6159c3.jpg

FigmentFan3

glo98374394850934.jpg

That’s a near replica of Unisphere from the worlds fair. Scaled down, no topographical layers and no rings, but that was my immediate reaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom