The Edison--details announced

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you see the wait time for rides with height restrictions and the wait times for rides over all on school days and the wait times for three of the parks that isn't MK.... those things require a lot of adults without kids in tow.

Kman101

first thing that comes to mind is every 18+ club I ever heard of was a war zone lol. how about we just hold values and responsibility up to parents? these days people do whatever they want. if a child sits quietly and is not obnoxious that is perfectly fine. (my child) but if you let your children run amuck maybe you should get tossed like salad?

But why would you have a child in a bar after a certain time anyway?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, August 26. Iron doors (real or faux?) have been installed to the right of the entrance.

IMG_9998.JPG

PurpleMaster

Hi, guys!

New around here, I was browsing looking for pictures of the Edison and here I am.

I worked for Patina (the company that owns Edison) in the italian pavillion in Epcot a few years ago and I was recontacted to work at the Edison. I refused, as I have a stable life in Italy, but I know a few people that are coming back to Orlando to work at the Edison.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the first departure group of waiters is scheduled for mid November, so it's safe to assume that the Edison will open beginning-mid December so that they're fully operational for peak season.

The only thing that baffles me a bit is that mostly italians will work in the Edison, using a Cultural Representative Visa, which I honestly don't understand, as the Edison is clearly not an italian establishment.

The same people might work for Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs, which is also owned by Patina.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi, guys!

New around here, I was browsing looking for pictures of the Edison and here I am.

I worked for Patina (the company that owns Edison) in the italian pavillion in Epcot a few years ago and I was recontacted to work at the Edison. I refused, as I have a stable life in Italy, but I know a few people that are coming back to Orlando to work at the Edison.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the first departure group of waiters is scheduled for mid November, so it's safe to assume that the Edison will open beginning-mid December so that they're fully operational for peak season.

The only thing that baffles me a bit is that mostly italians will work in the Edison, using a Cultural Representative Visa, which I honestly don't understand, as the Edison is clearly not an italian establishment.

The same people might work for Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs, which is also owned by Patina.

That opening time frame seems reasonable.

Gatorboy

Hi, guys!

One of the sections of the Edison is an Italian restaurant

S 2

Hi, guys!

Very interesting indeed... how does the Italian theme fit into the story of the Edison, is that known??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom