The Disney Lotto Jackpot!

real mad hatter

Good Morning Everyone.Let me put this one to you.Bumped into a friend last night whose wife just scooped £36,000 ($50,000) on the lottery.She wants to take her grandchildren to WDW ( there's 4,ages from 5 yr,7yr,10yr,and 12yr,) two boys and two girls.So it's a one off he said,and she wants to stay onsite,but where? She is coming to see me tonight for advice.So let me ask you good people.Where would you recommend in WDW for this one off vacation.They are 6 in total.Two adults & four children.Iam swaying towards a family suite at AoA,but would like to hear your suggestions.Remember it's a once in a lifetime trip and according to him,she doesn't mind spending big time on this holiday.

NYwdwfan

I think AoA would be tight quarters - 2 of the beds fold out or down so there's a bit of "work" to be done. If money were no object I'd stay MK view at the GF - maybe 2 adjoining rooms or a suite? Congratulations to your friends!!! Maybe they need to bring along an experienced WDW visitor with a "mad" hat to guide them??!

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Concierge level theme park view at the Contemporary...if it was me, Not knowing your friends though and knowing the ages of the kids maybe Beach Club Villas, kids (and me) seem to love Stormalong Bay.
I agree. For a "once in a lifetime trip", I suggest a 2-bedroom suite at either BLT or BCV.

If they want to be smart with their money, a suite at AOA certainly would work.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
For once in a lifetime - I would go big! I would stay at a suite at a deluxe. But I think that is the question here - is this a once in a life time trip or just extra money where they can take a nice trip. If it is the latter, they may not want to spend so much on this trip. If that is the case, then I agree that a Suite at AoA would be a nice fit.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Nice! Congrats on the win! I would say go big! :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Hatter...

2 or 3 beadroom villa at any of the deluxe resorts..Im partial to Boardwalk for all the resons Ive stated here many times over...the only drawback is I LOVE the view over the bay with a balcony and you wont get that from a Villa...so maybe adjoining rooms (not always assured of gettignthose however.) There are a lot of options, Id do the deluxe dining plan as well...

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hatter...

2 or 3 beadroom villa at any of the deluxe resorts..Im partial to Boardwalk for all the resons Ive stated here many times over...the only drawback is I LOVE the view over the bay with a balcony and you wont get that from a Villa...so maybe adjoining rooms (not always assured of gettignthose however.) There are a lot of options, Id do the deluxe dining plan as well...
Thanks again,this sounds awesome,only wish I had won the lotto.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Whit!:eek: after taxes.Ours is tax free.You win a million,you receive a million.

A family I know won $14 million in lotto. They lost $7 million to taxes. Unfortunately I didn't know them THAT well. ;)

Funny thing - the mom played the same 7 numbers for YEARS and that time she forgot her glasses and filled out one number different than usual.

Upvote 0

The Incredible Schmulk

I agree with the overall consensus, here. If money does become a factor when the price tag starts to come into focus, I think a suite at Art of Animation is a great idea. Adjoining rooms at one of the Port Orleans resorts would be nice, too.

If money is truly not an issue, then Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge Villas, the Kidani House at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club Villas are all great choices. The kids might also get a kick out of the Tree Houses, if they can get into them. They aren't the most conveniently located rooms on property, but they are really cool. There's no denying that. I know that I was fascinated by them when I was a kid.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

We won the "Disney Lotto" by having a toilet that didn't work and were upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite with Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge (not the villas). It was fantastic, and would definitely fit the kids and adults! What was nice is there was a door to the bedroom and the parlor had a television and some couches which would give the kids a room for themselves to hang out in too. The room itself was absolutely huge and club level was nice, we never had to worry about breakfast and snacks during the day (and wine at night, man I love me some wine) not to mention the amazing views of the lobby from the top.

As a kid we always had connecting rooms at the poly on the first floor, the monorail was convenient and being on the first floor allowed my grandma to watch us play on the lawn while someone else was napping, and easy access to the beach for the water parade at night.

While I do like the space in the AoA suites I think one of the deluxe resorts would be MUCH better for a once in a lifetime trip you know? The theming, grounds, and service is very classic and will stand the test of time in 10 years when they look back at their photos. I guess in the end it all comes down to wether or not you REALLY like the theme of the AoA rooms. I hate cars with a passion so I would never think to go there, but I know that many families love it so if they do by all means go stay in a themed room!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

um number one i am super jealous :) that is too cool. number 2 beach club!!! the pool is amazing! and very fun resort.
number three i am so happy for her! I hope she has a magical time :)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

If it were me, and the $ were there, and it's once in a lifetime...

...MK facing suite at the Contemporary. I'm just thinking, if this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing- I want the castle out my room window/balcony 24/7. Plus you've got the convenience factor...i.e. walk to MK, super easy access to all of the monorail resorts, a boat ride to WL, fireworks and electric water pageant practically every night w/music piped in, easy monorail access to Epcot, and considering that the monorail resorts all have at least one or two popular TS spots- that convenience factor really pays off. It's tempting to pick BCV for Stormalong Bay, but if $ were no object- I know I'd be at one of the 3 monorail resorts in the most amazing room possible.

Upvote 0

Raven66

I don't know. They are taking their 4 grandchildren I would think they would want to stay somewhere that the kids might enjoy. I'm not saying they won't enjoy those other places because I don't know them, but I think a suite at AoA would be a lot more fun for the kids. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom