The [Dis] Influencer- One Year Anniversary

lazyboy97o

I don't think an actual "insider" would visit or post to a fan site.
I mean, would you post to a fan site for your company that you work at? That is a lot of company policies that would be violated. HR would probably want to have a talk with those people. If you don't work for PR, then you don't post about your company.
They do, some even make the mistake of registering with their company email.

Phroobar

Well, if we're referring to insiders leaking information and gossip from behind closed doors, if you're a top level executive then no, you don't post about it. If you're a little lower, though, you're likely to hear rumblings, rumors, and gossip, and could post about it anonymously online safely since you're not sharing information that was distributed to you directly under a non-disclosure agreements. Yes, lower level employees still shouldn't post about it, but it happens because they aren't watched and monitored anywhere near as closely.
Technically anyone that works within the Disney corporation with any kind of white collar desk job is subject to non-disclosure no matter what it is. any rumors or gossip about the company from employees would be considered a violation by HR.

Front line cast members and their managers are not privy to that kind of information to begin with therefore their "insider information" is never accurate. That would be the equivalent of a McDonalds burger fryer knowing when a new sandwich is being introduced a year from now.

The only leaked information is on purpose or HR and security is doing a pretty crappy job of keeping corporate secrets.

Tom Morrow

Technically anyone that works within the Disney corporation with any kind of white collar desk job is subject to non-disclosure no matter what it is. any rumors or gossip about the company from employees would be considered a violation by HR.

Front line cast members and their managers are not privy to that kind of information to begin with therefore their "insider information" is never accurate. That would be the equivalent of a McDonalds burger fryer knowing when a new sandwich is being introduced a year from now.

The only leaked information is on purpose or HR and security is doing a pretty crappy job of keeping corporate secrets.
Well, there are different tiers of leaked information. Even the frontline employees are privy to small tidbits of company inside information. For instance, previewing a ride or area before it is open to the public. They're asked not to talk or post about it, but sure enough, the details always get out anyway. They might not post about it themselves online (which is an instant terminable offense), but they can tell their friends, or post it anonymously on forums, etc.

Another example: low and mid-level management receives a heads-up a few weeks in advance that an attraction is closing or its hours are changing. The announcement hasn't been made official yet, but they can easily anonymously spread this information online. Little damage is done.

Many of the posters with a proven track record for rumor and prediction accuracy actually just know an army of low to mid level employees and extract the information from them.

This type of leaked information, though, is drastically different than the big "truth bomb" threads that frequently happen. With those, the names change, but the tone and fear mongering is always the same.

Mac Tonight

So in all seriousness, that thread was what pushed me to make this account. I honestly thought I would be banned that day, I never expected my content to be so popular. 😆
Just remember, I was the original "Chairman_Bob" on here... But you've gone above and beyond the requirements of the role and stuck to it. Good on you.

Nirya

God I remember coming back from a vacation to Day 2 of that thread, and just sitting at my computer for a few hours trying to piece together what had happened. The whole thing was such a beautiful mess.

Also, @Disney hey if you guys want to offer me some money I will gladly shill for you.

Phroobar

God I remember coming back from a vacation to Day 2 of that thread, and just sitting at my computer for a few hours trying to piece together what had happened. The whole thing was such a beautiful mess.

Also, @Disney hey if you guys want to offer me some money I will gladly shill for you.
How is your impersonation of Al Lutz writing style?

SuddenStorm

I am still trying to figure out who is Troy Porter?

Troy's a senior executive in the ranks at the Disneyland Resort who, along with Zenia Mucha and Bob Iger, orchestrated a ghost writing campaign using Al Lutz as a puppet to dupe Disney fandom and help overthrow Eisner and get Iger the CEO spot.

He also moonlights as the extravagant and delightfully witty TP2000

Sadly, much of this was left out of Iger's memoir.

SkeletalBronzeAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

_caleb

Seems like Troy Porter is behind about 10% of all WDWMagic member accounts and is responsible for about 38% of all posts here.

smooch

Crazy this was a year ago, I remember it happened only a few days after I joined the site. I think I even had the date in my signature and something along the lines of "I was here for the DLR Forums melted down" or something to that tune. I remember being amazed how fast the thread was growing, multiple pages a day, because I had been lurking all summer last year and knew the pace things got posted around here (back when we had them park things to talk about), and just having fun watching the chaos that ensued. Good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom