The [Dis] Influencer- One Year Anniversary

Curious Constance

It was a horrible slur. I know you only as a fine lady of discerning taste.

But seriously, you updated the spreadsheet with the info about Georgetown class of '93, right?
It’s less of a spreadsheet, and more of a journal with perfumed pages, a lock and heart shaped key which I wear around my neck on a fine gold chain.But yes, it’s documented extremely diligently in the “education” section with little 💕 over the i’s.

Figments Friend

No kidding. :eek:

In your defense, I've never considered you to be a Disney Cougar.

I do consider you to be a fine lady of discerning taste.

That said, I love that we just created something called a Disney Cougar. I look forward to using that in the future.

Disney Cougar....

Is that , like, one of those a Main Street Gangs or somethin '...?

Here kitty, kitty, kitty....

🐯

-

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
See, you guys? She's simply a fine lady of discerning taste.

1598584947366.png

_caleb

Given the cutthroat nature of promotions at Disney I do see the possibility of them weaponizing public opinion to make certain coworkers look bad.
I think this is a very good way to put it. Some of what seems like an influence effort could very well just be workplace competition and drama.

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Yet we credit Chapek with Galaxy's Edge: Whatever the end result may be it's on Josh. He's the face of this change whether he made the choice or not.
GE started under Staggs and we can certainly credit Chapek with the brutal cuts he made, including killing what could have been that land’s Be Our Guest-plus alcohol $$$- TSR.

Iger was the one who pushed for “Woke” Mountain.

_caleb

GE started under Staggs and we can certainly credit Chapek with the brutal cuts he made, including killing what could have been that land’s Be Our Guest-plus alcohol $$$- TSR.

Iger was the one who pushed for “Woke” Mountain.
If this narrative is true, why didn’t Iger push back and force them to go ahead with the TSR and all the droids and aliens and stuff for SW:GE?

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
If this narrative is true, why didn’t Iger push back and force them to go ahead with the TSR and all the droids and aliens and stuff for SW:GE?
There was an assumption, which you can see from the “it’s going to be so popular that we’re not going to promote it too heavily”* narrative back in ‘18 and early ‘19, that guests would still show up.

*Iger himself said this on earnings calls and in interviews during this period.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom