The DC Comics Film Thread

erasure fan1

I watched Flash and Shazam the other day. I'm not sure if my expectations for flash were so low that I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews said. It wasn't good, but I thought the Batman 89 stuff was fun. I'd love to see a Batman film with older Keaton now. The whole thing just felt very disjointed. Like they had all these ideas and just said, whatever, let's just do it all.

Shazam deserved to do better than it did. But that's what happens when you kill your universe before your current one has finished releasing. They should have just waited to announce the reboot until Aquaman 2 finished. I still liked the first Shazam better. But this was still one of the better DC films. of course that isn't a very high bar to begin with.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Mike S

Isn’t this only for the first iterations with a specific power set? Like, the Superman that could leap tall buildings in a single bound but not the one that can fly.

mf1972

got around to watching aquaman 2 on max last night. such a disappointment & a step backwards. hope the planned reboot pays off. overall, it’s been a horrible year for DC movies.

erasure fan1

got around to watching aquaman 2 on max last night. such a disappointment & a step backwards. hope the planned reboot pays off. overall, it’s been a horrible year for DC movies.
Surprisingly Aquaman 2 did better than I thought it would considering the state of the dc universe and how I heard nothing good about it. I forgot it came out on max, so out of curiosity I'll watch it.

erasure fan1

They continue to make terrible movies

I really don’t get it?

How hard is it to make decent movies with established characters. Hollywood is filled with idiots
Agreed. The way that the dceu has limped across the finish line, is going to put tremendous pressure on superman legacy. I thought Gunn was a smart hire for WB but I'm not sure they can get out of their own way to create something compelling.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed. The way that the dceu has limped across the finish line, is going to put tremendous pressure on superman legacy. I thought Gunn was a smart hire for WB but I'm not sure they can get out of their own way to create something compelling.
Superman is a righteous hero…so make him one

Not someone tortured by daddy issues that beats up Batman to get stress out

On a similar vein: everyone should WANT to be Luke Skywalker…you know? “Koosh koosh” in the backyard with a stick or a broom handle

The earth isn’t this complicated 🙄

Last edited:

LSLS

I might be the furthest from sold on Gunn on these boards. I fully admit I never liked any of the Guardians movies, but him also deciding he will be directing movies as opposed to just running the overarching picture just feels weird to me. Again, full bias on display as I've not liked his movies at all (so I would not be shocked if I'm just reading way more into it than I should).

erasure fan1

I might be the furthest from sold on Gunn on these boards. I fully admit I never liked any of the Guardians movies, but him also deciding he will be directing movies as opposed to just running the overarching picture just feels weird to me. Again, full bias on display as I've not liked his movies at all (so I would not be shocked if I'm just reading way more into it than I should).
That's fair. I did like all three guardians and thought that the suicide squad was pretty good. And I really liked Peacemaker. He does have a certain style that I can see some not liking. That said, I do think him directing superman could be an issue. I'm not sure how his style and superman will work. It could be fantastic or it could be an absolute train wreck. Lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That's fair. I did like all three guardians and thought that the suicide squad was pretty good. And I really liked Peacemaker. He does have a certain style that I can see some not liking. That said, I do think him directing superman could be an issue. I'm not sure how his style and superman will work. It could be fantastic or it could be an absolute train wreck. Lol

I don’t know if I love Gunn…but I think he maybe did the best job of any MCU franchise - except maybe Capt.

They took unknown characters and did a pretty awesome 3 picture arc.

I’m gonna say something stupid (get ready): but I think these franchises are failing because they’re trying to make them gender neutral in appeal and cater to the far east…which makes them fail the NATO audience where the money is made.

Flame me.

Hopefully we can get a good Superman?
I thought cavill was perfect. And they messed that up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom