The DC Comics Film Thread

Slpy3270

Well, it's at $139M now according to Box Office Mojo. Budget at $210M according to Wiki.

Using the 'rule of thumb," it's currently at a $246M loss.

A CinemaScore of B usually means it will make 3.1 times opening weekend, which would be $417 total BO.

Plug in the formula, that would be at loss off $107M in the end.
That Wiki budget doesn't include marketing costs, which have likely pushed the budget well over $300 million.

If the film drops like 70% next week in the US and drops comparatively worse in overseas markets, $400 million worldwide is off the table. It's not going to match Black Adam's gross.

Even at a $107 million loss that's worse than Justice League. I doubt anybody at WB was expecting that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The DCEU

1687189892979.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That Wiki budget doesn't include marketing costs, which have likely pushed the budget well over $300 million.

If the film drops like 70% next week in the US and drops comparatively worse in overseas markets, $400 million worldwide is off the table. It's not going to match Black Adam's gross.

Even at a $107 million loss that's worse than Justice League. I doubt anybody at WB was expecting that.
When I apply the rule of thumb, I include the marketing cost at 50% of total budget.

Flash is doing much better with critics than Black Adam. It's doing better with audiences compared to Shazam.

LSLS

If I told you six months ago that The Flash would not only bomb but lose more money than Elemental (whose failure was sad but not unexpected, unfortunately), you would think I was mad.

Probably, though having Miller in it along with all the talk of it reseting the entire DCU (meaning none of it matters to me) couldn't have helped much. Not to derail, but I will say I'm more shocked at TLM losing money than the Flash.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Gal and Gunn have been going back and forth on this publicly such that we have no idea what's really happening.

Also take into account how some projects in the works could be an aspirational ideal rather than actually being worked on. And also how these superhero projects are "secret" until they are revealed which leads to a lot of lying about it.

So... dunno.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom