The D-Fibulator!

AriBelle23

I'll try it...aalthough I had to think twice on a few of them...then i start thinking too hard and generally put the wrong answer down...that's how i did it in school anyway:lol:

1. False
2. True
3. False
4. False
5. True
6. True
7. True
8. False
9. True
10. True

kevlightyear

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Alrighty:

1. Matthew Broderick narrates an EPCOT attraction.
2. T.O.M. 5000 was voiced by Tim Curry in the original Alien Encounter.
3. Mickey Mouse wears the Sorcerer's Hat in the Fantasy Faire gift shop.
4. The Osbourne Family Lights Spectacular will take place on Sunset Boulevard starting next year.
5. Walt Disney's EPCOT originally stood for the "Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow."
6. Winter Wonderland is a mini-golf attraction next to Blizzard Beach.
7. The Sebastian audio-animatronics figure from the "Magical Moments" parade is now featured in SpectroMagic.
8. Spaceship Earth is not sponsored by AT&T anymore.
9. The Wicked Queen peering out of the window in "Snow White's Scary Adventures" used to open and close her curtains.
10. The Kitchen Karnivale features all of the original cast from the 1982 attraction in cardboard cutouts and child exhibits.

ENJOY!

1. True
2. False
3. False
4. False
5. False
6. False
7. True
8. True
9. False
10. True

General Grizz

Original Poster
Nimmy wins with 6!

1. Matthew Broderick narrates an EPCOT attraction.

He does! He voices Simba in the Circle of Life attraction in The Land.

2. T.O.M. 5000 was voiced by Tim Curry in the original Alien Encounter.

That would be TOM 2000.

3. Mickey Mouse wears the Sorcerer's Hat in the Fantasy Faire gift shop.

He does! It was added, I believe, with the official opening.

4. The Osbourne Family Lights Spectacular will take place on Sunset Boulevard starting next year.

Haha...nope. New York Street.

5. Walt Disney's EPCOT originally stood for the "Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow."

This is true! It was changed to community after the city idea was scrapped.

6. Winter Wonderland is a mini-golf attraction next to Blizzard Beach.

It's actually "Winter Summerland."

7. The Sebastian audio-animatronics figure from the "Magical Moments" parade is now featured in SpectroMagic.

True!

8. Spaceship Earth is not sponsored by AT&T anymore.

False. It is still sponsored by AT&T, which may or may not renew its contract at the end of the year.

9. The Wicked Queen peering out of the window in "Snow White's Scary Adventures" used to open and close her curtains.

True...and it used to be in the queue area.

10. The Kitchen Karnivale features all of the original cast from the 1982 attraction in cardboard cutouts and child exhibits.

False. It only features the Colandar Combo and Fiesta Fruit characters.

Sir Nim's turn!

SirNim

I won?!

WOOT! :lol:

I'll get some questions up there tomorrow or Monday...

I literally have a stack of homework to do and I'll be out all night tonight... ( :( ) But I'll get some up there (hopefully) by Monday...

SirNim

First to 7, right? (or is it 8??)

Gah, I dunno...

Here they are! :D

1. The first building to open up to the public on WDW property was the Walt Disney World Preview Center located on a newly built road just south of Bay Lake.

2. The Fort Wilderness Railroad operated until 1978.

3. “And every sparkling idea can lead to even more ideas…” is a quote from the original Journey Into Imagination.

4. The current incarnation of Spaceship Earth opened on November 14, 1994.

5. The Sunset Hills Estates gates in front of the Tower of Terror are replicas of the real Sunset Hills Estates gates in Hollywood, CA.

6. A shopping location at Epcot’s International Gateway simply is called “World Traveler”.

7. The yurt in the World Marketplace in the former Millennium Village was provided by and represented Mongolia.

8. The House of Magic, a shop on Main Street USA, was replaced by Disney Clothiers, another shop.

9. Wise Foods sponsored the Space Bar.

10. General Electric sponsored the Carousel of Progress until 1985.

:)

kevlightyear

GOOD Questions! :sohappy:

Here's my shot:

1. False
2. False
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. True
7. False
8. False
9. True
10. True

Geez, those were tough....

AKQJ10

OK, a late night stab in the dark:

1. False
2. False
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. False
7. False
8. Flase
9. False
10. False

-A

SirNim

kevlightyear - good job... Lemme just say that you are at SEVEN correct... You're very close... I'm gonna keep this game open though until someone gets 8 or more. So, if you want, try again!

SirNim

LALG - Try again. :lol:

j/k

You didn't get as many correct as did AKQJ10... you CAN try again though! :lol:

(that's my new motto! "You can try again!" :lol: )

SirNim

We have a winner!

Grizz! You got 9/10 correct! Your turn!

ANSWERS:

1. The first building to open up to the public on WDW property was the Walt Disney World Preview Center located on a newly built road just south of Bay Lake. FALSE – As true as this may be, it was actually located near Lake Buena Vista on what would become Hotel Plaza Blvd, not just south of Bay Lake.

2. The Fort Wilderness Railroad operated until 1978. TRUE

3. “And every sparkling idea can lead to even more ideas…” is a quote from the original Journey Into Imagination. FALSE – actual quote is: “And every sparkling idea can lead to even more”

4. The current incarnation of Spaceship Earth opened on November 14, 1994. FALSE – November 23, 1994.

5. The Sunset Hills Estates gates in front of the Tower of Terror are replicas of the real Sunset Hills Estates gates in Hollywood, CA. – FALSE… the real gates in Los Angeles were built for Hollywoodland, a realty project in the Hollywood Hills… NOT Sunset Hills Estates.

6. A shopping location at Epcot’s International Gateway simply is called “World Traveler”. TRUE

7. The yurt in the World Marketplace in the former Millennium Village was provided by and represented Mongolia. FALSE – the Kyrgyz Republic, not Mongolia…

8. The House of Magic, a shop on Main Street USA, was replaced by Disney Clothiers, another shop. FALSE – House of Magic was replaced by Main Street Athletic Co.

9. Wise Foods sponsored the Space Bar. - TRUE

10. General Electric sponsored the Carousel of Progress until 1985. TRUE

:)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Awesome!

1. The rounded windows at the top of the Wonders of Life pavilion are now covered.
2. You can have lunch with an Imagineer at the Disney-MGM Studios.
3. Animatronics from the World of Motion can now be see in Walt Disney World's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Goofy's Barnstormer, and the Walt Disney World Railroad.
4. The complete "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" song played at the Kitchen Karnivale at EPCOT.
5. Ellen's Energy Adventure is set to be sponsorless after next Spring.
6. Dinoland USA was originally designed to be built in the current location of Conservation Station.
7. "Sentimental Journey," "We've Come so Far," and "Music Makers" create the area music for the inside of Space Mountain.
8. Typhoon Lagoon has the world's largest wave machine.
9. The last sentences of the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management are: "Wonderful! Give yourselves a hand!" and "No one layed an egg but me."
10. "Meet the World" was originally designed for the Japan pavilion at EPCOT, using the Carousel of Progress-style theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom