The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session 6: Oscar Worthy Entertainment
Final AoI Challenge!

Welcome everyone to your final Aspects of Imagineering challenge! As always, it is not required to compete, but keep in mind this will be your very last chance to try and gain some sort of advantage over the other competitors for the rest of the competition.
Studio-Statues-006.jpg

In the above picture is the dedication to Disney's MGM Studios from May 1st, 1989.

The dedication is important to all parks, as it truly gives the park a mission, goal, and theme.

Now, the park that has taken the place of MGM is Disney's Hollywood Studios. Just about every Disney fan agrees...That park is a mess. It lacks attractions all around, but the big problem is that it doesn't have a cohesive theme.

Imagine this park is going under a complete (and needed) park wide refurbishment. Your goal is to rename the park currently known as Disney Hollywood Studios, and create a brand new theme for this park, which you shall express through writing a new dedication like in the picture above

Basically, what we are looking for is just a new dedication, no fancy pictures, descriptions, etc. For your presentation, simply have the "AoI" heading, and then the project.

Challenge due Wednesday, June 3rd, at 9:00 PM EST. You have 24 final hours to create your concept. You may not use any images (unless the image is your dedication), videos, or websites. In addition, there is no text limit, but keep in mind how long something like this is supposed to be.

RMichael21

Final AOL Challenge

Disney's Hollywood Adventure

HERE YOU LEAVE A WORLD OF REALITY AND STEP INTO AN ADVENTURE THAT CELEBRATES THE SUCCESSES AND TRIUMPHS OF FILMS FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE.

THE LAND OF HOLLYWOOD IS A MAGICAL PLACE...

WHERE ANIMALS SING AND PEOPLE BREAK INTO SONG AND DANCE ON AN HOURLY BASIS. THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF ONE MAN WERE PUT OUT INTO THE WORLD AS THE MAN WE KNOW AND LOVE, WALT DISNEY, TOOK A RISK OF A LIFETIME AND STEPPED INTO THE WORLD OF HOLLYWOOD.

TODAY AND TOMORROW, WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE THE FILMS YOU'VE COME TO KNOW AND LOVE, YOU WILL LAUGH, CRY AND CHEER AS YOU EXPERIENCE YOUR OWN... HOLLYWOOD ADVENTURE, JUST AS WALT DISNEY DID MANY YEARS AGO.

Dedicated on the Second of June, 2015.

-RMichael21

MCParradox

It is with great sadness that I have come to the decision to drop out of the competition. My A Level exams started this week, having come around a lot sooner than I was anticipating, and I'm having to put in a lot more work than I expected to. I've had no free time this week, with constant exam work and revision occupying my evenings, and it's showed. I've been completely unable to add anything to my team's submission, and as you all noticed, my individual submission last weekend wasn't up to standard in any way. Sadly, from here on out, the exam work will get even tougher until the last week of June, and I've come to realise that I'll have no time available to continue in the competition. Therefore, I'm officially dropping out. I wish you all the best in future rounds, and I'll definitely be following along. I'll be sad to go; this competition has been one of the most fun experiences I've had in a while, and has given me a great chance to get to know people, and test what I - both individually and as part of a team - am capable of in terms of Imagineering. I want to thank everyone; the judges, for organising such a brilliant game; everyone I have worked with on a team throughout the competition, for being so friendly, supportive, and generally fun to work with; and all of the other competitors, for putting up such a great challenge.

If its within the rules, I will be using my extension hours to grant my team at least some advantage before I leave.

However, for the last week and a half or so of June, I'll have more free time than I ever have, so I should still be able to turn in something for the Omega challenge. Plus, I have some personal projects in my head that I may well develop and post here on the forums!

Again, all the best to everyone, and farewell for now. :)

jdmdisney99

It is with great sadness that I have come to the decision to drop out of the competition. My A Level exams started this week, having come around a lot sooner than I was anticipating, and I'm having to put in a lot more work than I expected to. I've had no free time this week, with constant exam work and revision occupying my evenings, and it's showed. I've been completely unable to add anything to my team's submission, and as you all noticed, my individual submission last weekend wasn't up to standard in any way. Sadly, from here on out, the exam work will get even tougher until the last week of June, and I've come to realise that I'll have no time available to continue in the competition. Therefore, I'm officially dropping out. I wish you all the best in future rounds, and I'll definitely be following along. I'll be sad to go; this competition has been one of the most fun experiences I've had in a while, and has given me a great chance to get to know people, and test what I - both individually and as part of a team - am capable of in terms of Imagineering. I want to thank everyone; the judges, for organising such a brilliant game; everyone I have worked with on a team throughout the competition, for being so friendly, supportive, and generally fun to work with; and all of the other competitors, for putting up such a great challenge.

If its within the rules, I will be using my extension hours to grant my team at least some advantage before I leave.

However, for the last week and a half or so of June, I'll have more free time than I ever have, so I should still be able to turn in something for the Omega challenge. Plus, I have some personal projects in my head that I may well develop and post here on the forums!

Again, all the best to everyone, and farewell for now. :)
Adieu et bonne chance mon méritant adversaire!
geri-s-game-o.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Concept Creation Challenge Results

So this week's results will be a little different than usual because only one team, Team California, has submitted a project.

By default, Team California has won this Concept Creation Challenge and will move on to Session 7! For Team Hollywood, don't give up hope just yet. Even though you guys ran into some trouble this week, now is the time to redeem yourselves. You will all compete in the Sudden Death Challenge, which will be posted soon.

Team California, enjoy the next few days off (but don't get too comfortable)

Things are about to pick up real fast...;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Sudden Death Challenge

Welcome to the Sudden Death Challenge of Session 6.
The participants will be from Team Hollywood: @RMichael21 @ctxak98 @orlando678-

It is here that you will all work individually to try and earn a spot in Session 7. Remember, 1 contestant will be eliminated in this challenge, so bring your best efforts for the next 48 hours!

You will be tasked with designing one new attraction for Disney's Hollywood Studios. The attraction can be anything from a ride, to a show, to a meet-and-greet. You have two areas to choose from to include your new attraction in. Either Animation Courtyard or Sunset Boulevard. You may expand, demolish, or remove the area around your attraction in order to make it fit, but be sure to clearly detail what changes you are making in the process. It also may be preferable to include a map of the area, and where your attraction is located, so everyone can visualize your proposal.
animation-courtyard.jpg

7386530918_956e9ac8c5.jpg

Challenge is due Sunday June 7th at 7:00PM EST. (Additional time zones will be posted separately) You may use any and all media outlets and there are no text/image restrictions.

Good Luck!:)

Last edited:

ctxak98

Sudden Death Challenge

Welcome to the Sudden Death Challenge of Session 6.
The participants will be from Team Hollywood: @RMichael21 @ctxak98 @orlando678-

It is here that you will all work individually to try and earn a spot in Session 7. Remember, 1 contestant will be eliminated in this challenge, so bring your best efforts for the next 48 hours!

You will be tasked with designing one new attraction for Disney's Hollywood Studios. The attraction can be anything from a ride, to a show, to a meet-and-greet. You have two areas to choose from to include your new attraction in. Either Animation Courtyard or Sunset Boulevard. You may expand, demolish, or remove the area around your attraction in order to make it fit, but be sure to clearly detail what changes you are making in the process. It also may be preferable to include a map of the area, and where your attraction is located, so everyone can visualize your proposal.
animation-courtyard.jpg

7386530918_956e9ac8c5.jpg

Challenge is due Sunday June 7th at 7:00PM EST. (Additional time zones will be posted separately) You may use any and all media outlets and there are no text/image restrictions.

Good Luck!:)
I'll have to Sadly drop out of the competition everyone! I just have too much work load right now that it's been too much to find proper time to work out my ideas! I am sorry for any inconvenience, however I will say it's been really fun and I hope I get another chance to work with al of you again sometime! Thanks to the judges and hosts as well!

jdmdisney99

I'll have to Sadly drop out of the competition everyone! I just have too much work load right now that it's been too much to find proper time to work out my ideas! I am sorry for any inconvenience, however I will say it's been really fun and I hope I get another chance to work with al of you again sometime! Thanks to the judges and hosts as well!
Adieu et bonne chance mon méritant adversaire!
geri-s-game-o.gif
;) ^Will miss competing against you ctx!

RMichael21

I'm sad to see you go ctx and I hope to compete with you again as well! :)

But, is there still going to be a SD challenge?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom