The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
To all you dreamers, creators, and Disney lovers, get ready for...
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-15%20at%2012.42.05%20PM_zpsdue7x49r.png

Hosted and judged by @IDInstitute, @Sam4D23, @spacemt354

Art... is unique. To appreciate and truly be one of the best artists, you must understand all of the little details that go into making the amazing end result, and all of the completely different aspects that come together.

Imagineering itself, is an art. Maybe, you can see where I'm going with this...;)

Like all competitions here, this is another way to decide the best in the crowd. And, part of the games into the elite 8. However, this is not going to be the same as other competitions. If you want to prove that you can be an Imagineer, you have to show us. Through virtually every single way imaginable, we will test your skills as an Imagineer.

We are coming to you from Walt Disney World in Florida, as WDI Imagineers about to start en exciting new event for you to be a part of. During this competition, we are going to test you in just about every way possible, to see who can survive the twists and changes, while also producing the best concepts. At the end, we are looking for just one, just one Imagineer to prove his worth and show us that we should choose to hire this one. Get ready...this is... The Creator Games!

This is the Creator Games, different than any competition before. There will be 10 Sessions, each composed of unique Imagineering challenges. Sometimes you will work in teams for these challenges, sometimes you will work individually. There will be different types and amounts of challenges in each session. Your survival in this competition depends on your skills, your teamwork, and ultimately, your imagination.

These are the types of challenges you will face:

Concept Creation- the main challenge of each Session. Sometimes accomplished in teams, sometimes individually. The winners will always receive some sort of reward going forward. In addition, sometimes they will result in elimination, sometimes no effect, other times will lead to...

Sudden-Death challenge- In some special cases within a Session, competitors will face off in a sudden death Imagineering showdown. If you're defeated, you're automatically eliminated from the competition.

AoI challenges, or Aspects of Imagineering- smaller challenges that are optional and will not take place in all sessions. When they do, the challenge focuses on the little things that are important in Imagineering, and the winner receives and advantage of some sort.

We know, this may be confusing. And, this isn't it, as there will be lots more twists to come to shake it all up. Just remember to clearly read all directions, and if you have an questions, tag me,@spacemt354, or @Sam4D23 in the discussion.

These are some of the rules in more specific manner:​

• No foul play. There is no need for that, this is intended solely for fun, and if anyone is mean to other competitors, it will result in their automatic elimination. Along with this, there will be opportunities for sabotage. Please do not take it out of control so that we can keep having friendly fun.​
  • Keep the main thread clean. Again, please tag me or the other judges/hosts in the discussion if you have any necessary questions or comments. This is to make this thread easy to follow for future readers, as well as try to not slow it down.​
  • Maintain respectable competition. Many times, the rules will not be able to be moderated by us. You will have to use the honor system sometimes, and we ask that you please follow, as it is the only way to maintain a respectable competition.​
  • Something is better than nothing. Please always try to at least submit something of ours, even if not complete or thorough just to show you are here. It makes the game more fun for everyone.​
  • On our part. With these rules we have presented to you, it is only fair that we have our commitments. Here, we would like to state that we promise to be fair in judging, as well as be reliable for you when it comes to posting challenges or reviews.​
Below, you can sign up, as an exception to the not posting in this thread rule. We encourage all that even pass by this forum to sign up! It will be a lot of fun, and will have a lot of time for you to express your own creativity in many different ways. We know that this time of year, people are very busy. Because of this, the expectations are not as high as in some other competitions, so you will not have too much stress. However, with that said, only sign up if you plan to be fully committed. We don't want to have people leave in the middle, or leave their teammates abandoned, so take this into consideration. Also, going along with that, anytime you do not reply by a deadline in a CC challenge that requires proposal, you will be eliminated. This will also be repeated a few more times when it comes up at challenges. In the event multiple people do not post, there are "emergency" plans to deal with the situation. Only 14 contestants will be accepted into the games!
On May 1st, the competition will begin.

Thank you all for reading, and get ready, because this is...

The Creator Games!

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I would actually love to compete, but I still have some doubts because of things as test weeks, which really needs time then. I might find out a way then, but i was just thinking about what you would think about me competing. I also would like to get a kind of description for how long one competition takes, because of the test week for example.
Sure thing! As said above, it is going to require a bit of a time commitment with proposing concepts, but we know this is a busy time for many (including us), so the proposals won't need to be as in-depth as some of the other competitions (at least not at the beginning of the comp...;)). In addition, we will try our best to include a weekend in most of the larger challenges.
As far as your other question goes, some of the challenges (the Concept Creation challenges) will have a longer due date, usually about 6 days, more or less. There are the AoI challenges, but if you are busy, they are optional so that you don't have to compete, and the sudden-death challenges will be about 48 hours, but not everyone will end up competing in all of them, so it should give you some time.
So, I hope that answers your questions:) Don't put this competition ahead of your personal school life, though I would love to see you compete! :D:)

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I'm down, though I'll admit my schedule's going to get somewhat busy on Mondays and Wednesdays starting in June and then even busier in July when I start doing my daily "Christmas in July" videos.
Actually, I probably should have mentioned this, but the competition is May-June, so you won't have to worry about July :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom