Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Even though MK had EMH until 1 a.m., I was pretty wiped by the time dinner was over a bit after 10. My dad, who had our car all day, was going to pick up mom at Grand Floridian and take her back to their time share. Rather pushing it to go on more rides, and having to stand in line and wait for the bus, we decided to have dad pick us up too and take us back to the Beach Club. Also, we still needed to deal with potentially moving rooms so down Main Street we headed, hopped on the monorail ...WHICH was the black one with the pink strip and the volume was on SO LOUD! We happened to get this same monorail on another day, and again, SCREAMING LOUD! It was almost comical... and headed to the GF to meet with my dad.

We got to the Beach Club and went to the front desk where there was a lovely cast member who totally understood our situation. And she was so sweet, she tried to move us that night but couldn't. So, she tried to upgrade us to Club Level! I almost wish I didn't know this b/c it didn't work out. We were one night short. I almost said we will take it for what ever she could do but didn't want to seem greedy. If it would have worked out, it would have been our 3rd club level upgrade and we have been so blessed, I didn't want to seem greedy. But it would have been lovely! :) hee hee She arranged to have us moved in the a.m. to a room that was closer to the elevator.

So we went back to our room and there...in our room...waiting for us...

IMG_8876.JPG

My DH totally surprised me!

Since we didn't know if it was pink or blue...the Disney Florists did an amazing job making a special bouquet with pink and blue flowers and a little baby basket on top!

IMG_8892.JPG

IMG_8867.JPG

IMG_8875.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

That's it! That's how we ended our perfect and magical first day at WDW at the MK!

Up next...Epcot!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Aww, what a lovely day.

Those shots are fantastic! And I'm sure someone here can try to get the crane out, or pop the ears/fade the castle, etc. I know I can pop the ears and fade the castle, so feel free to let me know if you would like that done!

Edit: Almost forgot - I thought the new policy when a ride went 101 was to be able to reassign your FP in the app?

That would be amazing! Thank you!

As for the FP - no one said that was an option. They just said come back. hmmmmm

Disneydreamer23

Ahhhh! Thank you so much! That is so sweet!
Now That You went Pregnant When did you Decide to take your Little guy? I am taking My daughter in September she will be 16 months I also Had her in May and went in Feb while Pregnant this is the longest wait to go ha ha ! Did you and your husband decide a time yet to take him?

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Now That You went Pregnant When did you Decide to take your Little guy? I am taking My daughter in September she will be 16 months I also Had her in May and went in Feb while Pregnant this is the longest wait to go ha ha ! Did you and your husband decide a time yet to take him?

we try and go every year. So I am thinking late May for 1st bday. :) We shall see though. :)

acrab3t

I am crying with happiness for you as I read this. What a sweet way to find out you are having a boy! Congrats to you and your husband. Baby boys are so awesome!

DisneyPrincess5

So happy for you!!! You've been waiting too long! It sounds like you had a beautiful babymoon so far. I love the gender reveal idea and how sweet of your husband to send the floral arrangement! Can't wait to read more.

Tribritt

Hi everyone,

***A little disclaimer, if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, please do not reveal that you know the results. We are keeping it secret to the social networking sites until after my baby shower in April. Thank you! ***

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Amazing! Congrats!!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Sorry all...delayed by the dreaded norovirus...again. So here we go!

We left off on day two at WDW. Mom had a big day at MK the day before, so she decided to sleep in a bit and meet us after our Soarin' Fast Passes first thing in the a.m. So Niles and I headed off through the International Gateway to Epcot. This is one of our most favorite things about staying at the BC. We love strolling off in the a.m. to get to our favorite park. But before we headed out, we had to stop at the desk to see about our room exchange. They were so wonderful and got it all worked out and tried again to upgrade us but were not able to. But what a treat we discovered when we got back to our room that night! More on that later! :)

Here's are stroll through the IG, through the UK to Soarin'.

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

One thing about going late Feb, the Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries are up!

IMG_8899.JPG

pVo3ipGb0aLxJLgXPOFdbov2JYHuw8KzOp8pV5pyYBkH=w681-h454-no

IMG_8901.JPG

Uh - Oh

IMG_8902.JPG

C9s1Gb1qlNB5EOLBDvB5HvJL8cgPGhI_F3KAPx0_UxOv=w681-h454-no

IMG_8905.JPG

Oh Mary! So we noticed at the GF later that where this topiary used to be is all torn up. The area is outside 1900 Park Fare. So glad to see her in one piece!

IMG_8908.JPG

More of mom's trees she is obsessed with. :)

IMG_8911.JPG

0DiW0tPy_Cd6NV0fk_CLW-sfPypJU9NNwgJwiZZ-PiCd=w807-h454-no

We rode the Land and Soarin'. Both of those were are first two fast passes. Silly to use one on the Land but I'm a bit disappointed with the Epcot choices. For example, you can't pick Maelstrom and Soarin', because they are not in the same category. So we ended up choosing The Land. Soarin' is my most favorite thing to do at Epcot! And if you have not had a chance to ride it yet - do it barefoot!!! Its amazing!!

After The Land and Soarin, we ate breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Well...lunch as we were like 2 minutes passed the breakfast time. I got a kids meal b/c there were so many choices and I wanted breakfast and couldn't figure out what to do so I got some pizza panini thing. But my DH got some sesame chicken thing which was really yummy! Wish I had gotten that!

Got a call from mom while we were there. Dad dropped her off at the BC and she walked through the IG to meet us at Soarin'. Now - a FP+ Tip! If you have a hard card, not the magic band, the line over for making FP's at the front of the park and over by Soarin' is OUTRAGOUS! There must have been 60 people in over by Soarin when Niles and I walked by first thing in the a.m. But...you can also make them over by the IG. So it would be worth a stroll over there to not wait in those lines and make them over at the IG.

Mom scored a Soarin' FP and then a nemo one at the same time we had one. So Mom met us at the Land, she rode Soarin' while Niles and I rode Imagination and then met up after to go ride Nemo. We checked out the aquarium after and there was a scuba diver!

20140224_115802.jpg

20140224_115913.jpg

Hidden Mickey

20140224_120137.jpg

After this, we were done rode Space Ship Earth and then headed over to the World Showcase. I can't really do much more at Future World and we just love the countries the best!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We strolled through Canada to hit that later. We were hungry and wanted to get to France for lunch at the update Boulangerie. So we strolled through UK as well, except....

Pesky Alligator!

20140224_125613.jpg

Mom couldn't resist pics of me and Winnie

20140224_125804.jpg

IMG_8914.JPG

We stopped for some pics on the bride...mom and I had the same pic taken in 2011. :)

wd043wdw201405548241139.jpg

wd074wdw201405548241108_6937097936_18.jpg

wd049wdw201405548241160.jpg

More beautiful topiaries

20140224_130204.jpg

20140224_130229.jpg

LUNCH!

20140224_130312.jpg

IMG_8936.JPG

I have never eaten lunch here - only sweets! So off to the boulangerie!

Z-uo48QL8nJj1fV2bQHQANoVWqlrgux2kZtG6pKqyFk_=w681-h454-no

I got the croissant sandwich and strawberry creme dessert. Mom got the quiche and some chocolate dessert and the creme brule. Niles got the napolian and an espresso. He was saving himself for a brat in Germany!

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

IMG_8930.JPG

MwMIxNjAgzdyNwe7_IuH1tukGnfSXCS_9iLE-vxklRXN=w681-h454-no

IMG_8924.JPG

We inteded to come back later for ice cream here...but never made it back

tIHntrnWLQhQMh4zIoLlMCaFfkLpEaEXL0PpVrdzN29t=w303-h454-no

We strolled through the countries, taken in the sights and sounds.

Morocco

IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_8941.JPG

IMG_8942.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We tried to see as many of the shows as we could. Mo' Rockin was not playing while we were there so off to Japan.

IMG_8944.JPG

IMG_8945.JPG

IMG_8946.JPG

We listened to the drummers for a bit. We did like them but after awhile, it all sounded the same so we headed off to our next stop.

IMG_8947.JPG

Up Next, America

IMG_8951.JPG

The time wasn't right for the American Adventure, so off to Italy to see Sergio and then back to American Adventure.

IMG_8955.JPG

We stopped for some quick pics

wd008wdw201405548341209.jpg

wd073wdw201405548341210_6937097002_18.jpg

wd005wdw201405548341214.jpg

wd007wdw201405548341216.jpg

Another Magic Shot

XA6wkX84gOC_Vx7WM-PyfhU2pYDdjD77YUY3-35dMTyf=w681-h454-no

Sergio was about to begin and I wasn't feeling the greatest so Niles got me a water and we sat and watched him for a bit. And of course, since Niles is 6' 2", Sergio spotted him in the crowd. Something Niles' hates! And he had to play ball with him!

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

yypeZ2MAVFq6EiREQI5iPEJi0JVy8TK6Lhl3aaf-mV9t=w681-h454-no

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

Z1gsQo1pNo9s9RuRi5IfkSfNY8jx30vQH7srpp5x0e65=w303-h454-no

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We doubled back to America for the American Adventure. And then headed to Germany.

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8976.JPG

20140224_160517.jpg

20140224_161252.jpg

Unt pretzel and beer?

IMG_8977.JPG

Humiliation...

IMG_8978.JPG

Creepy....

IMG_8979.JPG

Happiness....

20140224_161416.jpg

I got what I wished for!!!

IMG_8981.JPG

off to China!

XFk9wYvVdPR79cWj0ByiwtV2aPR5iyaTxBGgif428nPa=w681-h454-no

Norway!

20140224_164510.jpg

The line for Anna and Elsa were about 4 hours at this point in the day. Thankfully they are coming to MK so you can FP it now. We talked to one mom, she was in line for almost 5 hours!!! WHAT!?!

Sorry Mexico, we always skip over you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom