Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
We headed down Hollywood Blvd for some photos and to check out the street performers.

20140225_144748.jpg

20140225_144855.jpg

So silly!

wd051wdw201405648582504_6935683176_18.jpg

wd057wdw201405648582492_6935684225_18.jpg

I really don't like stitch but the photographer was great about doing magic shots with us. I had asked for balloons and he also gave us this guy.

wd023wdw201405648582496_19.jpg

wd067wdw201405648582387_6935683206_18.jpg

Bumpin' Around the World!

wd055wdw201405648582388_6935685847_18.jpg

wd069wdw201405648582388_6935687302_18.jpg

wd033wdw201405648610758.jpg

As we were heading out DHS to catch the buses, I stopped for a pic with tink :)

wd032wdw201405648602671_6935684354_18.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We did something we have never done before. We headed via bus to another resort to do some drink and eating tour of the lounges on the monorail loop. We started at the Contemporary to see if we could eat at the bar at California Grill. We got to the Contemporary before it was open so we sat down in the Wave and I charged my phone, had lots of water and put my feet up. It was heaven!

At 5, we headed up to the Cali Grill and there it was, gleaming in the sunshine....a table for two at the window!

Rachel was our server and she was amazing! So attentive and kind and loved our story!

Here is our view to start.

20140225_165745.jpg

20140225_165749.jpg

I had some non drinkipoo drink to celebrate!

20140225_171157.jpg

I think the lounges can do better with their nondrinkipoo drinks for people who want something fun but don't want to drink or can't drink. This was basically a mix of the frozen pina colada and strawberry daquari mix.

We ordered the flat breads, which also came with bread to start! It was the full menu! So good and so the way to do Cali Grill!

20140225_173115.jpg

Tomato Basil

1WjwUjKKJHe-F69itMR_iPfszKuQebT-mxyDUSRQa6xd=w341-h454-no

BBQ and apple - OMG! Amazing!

More shots of the view

20140225_181512.jpg

20140225_181519.jpg

20140225_165724.jpg

20140225_165741.jpg

20140225_165728.jpg

Our plan was to leave here, as tempting as it was to stay all night and watch the fireworks, and head to the Poly.

But Rachael surprised us with this!

IMG_20140225_180611.jpg

Creme Brule!

Watching the Sunset

20140225_181553.jpg

20140225_181558.jpg

20140225_182217.jpg

20140225_183328.jpg

We headed to the outside viewing area before we left

20140225_183303.jpg

The only "glitch" we ran into was during out stay, the monorail was down from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day. I would have been so upset if I was staying and paying for a monorail resort during this time and couldn't use the mono. We did some shopping for our little man and rather then taking the mono to Poly, we took a bus. They were supposed to have a loop that just did the mono resorts and the TTC. It was hard to find this bus to do it and I think the driver who was headed off for the night took pity on me in my state and said he would take us. So we hopped on and headed to TTC, they switched drivers and then she took us to Poly and started her route around to the resorts.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We stopped at the lounge by O'hana. The chairs were super uncomfortable and it was packed - so busy. We even though we found a table, we decided to grab a coffee at Kona Cafe instead - something I had never done - and then head to GF. At this point, the Monorail was up and running again.

20140225_192116.jpg

IMG_20140225_192328.jpg

Off to the GF!

We stopped at the shops first and White Basin - a must for the Mickey Bath Bombs. I wish they would sell them online or through the store and ship them. I would pay a lot for it but nope! Won't do it! Only in person and in the store. Hmmmm...

We love the GF so much. After baby comes and we reassess the finances, we need to buy into the DVC here. Its really home for us.

20140225_194430.jpg

20140225_194443.jpg

IMG_20140225_201128.jpg

Mizners was back to its old self and we were so excited to see it! We love love love it here!

IMG_20140225_195837.jpg

Again, some over priced juice b/c they didn't have a non drinkipoo drink.

IMG_20140225_195731.jpg

We could have stayed to watch the water pageant. I was tempted to do so. But we decided that by the time we did the bus to MK to get the bus to BC, I would be exhausted and this was right.

We got back to the resort and grabbed some food at the BC market place. One downside to BC, not a fan of the market place CS meals. Pretty slim pickings really. I got a cheese sandwich she made for me since I can't do lunch meat and Niles got a salad. After the PORS pasta bar, its hard to have anything else! :)

But I did get to end the night with this guy!

odabWQJmzPaUFZFX77IsvqvyeYHS9tTN7KuVHU_d_46T=w340-h454-no

IMG_20140225_213856.jpg

Okay...that's it for now! Three more days left - Epcot, MK and resort day!

Sparkle81

I love, love, LOVE your trip report so far @disneygirl76 :)
The photos are fantastic, the gender reveal just had me blubbing all over the place (and took me back to when we found out we were having a boy) and your enthusiasm and happiness just shines through in every post. I think your son will be blessed to be born into such a warm and loving family :)
Congratulations!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I love, love, LOVE your trip report so far @disneygirl76 :)
The photos are fantastic, the gender reveal just had me blubbing all over the place (and took me back to when we found out we were having a boy) and your enthusiasm and happiness just shines through in every post. I think your son will be blessed to be born into such a warm and loving family :)
Congratulations!

You are so sweet! What an amazing thing to say and warms my heart! :)

PartOfYourWorld

Seems like you had an AMAZING time so far!!! Congrats on the little baby boy! Can't wait to see what you guys decided on for a name! I loved how your gender reveal turned out, it was so cute! And all the pics you guys took that day. AMAZING! My favorite has to be the single blue balloon in front of a black and white castle.

Can't wait to read more!!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Loving this!! Still getting over this sickness, but I will work on the pics you sent as soon as I can.

Btw, what is in lunchmeat that is bad for baby?

Its a risk of getting listeria which is very harmful, potentially deadly to baby. So its best to avoid. Its deli meat basically. Things that are kept in a case, pre cut, type of things. So subway, cold cuts, all that stuff. I miss it! :)

Feel better! It took me down for 6 days!!!!!

HRHPrincessAriel

Its a risk of getting listeria which is very harmful, potentially deadly to baby. So its best to avoid. Its deli meat basically. Things that are kept in a case, pre cut, type of things. So subway, cold cuts, all that stuff. I miss it! :)

Feel better! It took me down for 6 days!!!!!
Eh. It's one of those things that are dr by dr. Mine was ok with me eating it. He also told me scooping kitty litter was ok. I kept that little secret from DH ;-) totally handed that job over lol
Fun pictures and trip report! Congrats!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Eh. It's one of those things that are dr by dr. Mine was ok with me eating it. He also told me scooping kitty litter was ok. I kept that little secret from DH ;-) totally handed that job over lol
Fun pictures and trip report! Congrats!

Ha! yep - I was told no to that but even if they would have said I could have...it would have been kept secret! HA! :)

mishel635

Loving your trip report so far! Congratulations on your baby boy! My son is almost six and despite being a very active, sports and superhero loving little guy, he is still Mommy's little boy! I cherish every hug and kiss and love that he still wants to spend so much time with me (and pray he stays this way a lot longer! :) ).
You have so much to look forward to, and I am so happy for you and your husband!
Can't wait to read more! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Loving your trip report so far! Congratulations on your baby boy! My son is almost six and despite being a very active, sports and superhero loving little guy, he is still Mommy's little boy! I cherish every hug and kiss and love that he still wants to spend so much time with me (and pray he stays this way a lot longer! :) ).
You have so much to look forward to, and I am so happy for you and your husband!
Can't wait to read more! :)

Thank you so much!!! I love to heat that!!! :)

TinkandCrew

I'm pretty new to these boards and just wanted to say I love your trip report so far! You will remember this time in your lives forever and what a special way to celebrate it! I second, third, fourth, fifth what everyone says about those baby boys! He will be your baby forever...I tell everybody that even when mine are over 50 years old they will still be my babies. Congratulations! :D

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I'm pretty new to these boards and just wanted to say I love your trip report so far! You will remember this time in your lives forever and what a special way to celebrate it! I second, third, fourth, fifth what everyone says about those baby boys! He will be your baby forever...I tell everybody that even when mine are over 50 years old they will still be my babies. Congratulations! :D

Welcome! And thank you so much!!! So sweet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom