The clown from It scares me, but the girl from the Exorcist does not ?

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Two horror films that I really like are the Exorcist and IT. In fact the Exorcist was my first dvd and I purchased the Exorcist on dvd before I got my first dvd player. A couple months or weeks after I purchased the Exorcist on dvd, I purchased my first ever dvd player :wave:

Sometimes I can get scared at night and I have to turn the lights on (This does not happen all the time though). That clown from the movie IT has a way of scaring me to death at times. Even in the daytime I can get an uncomfortable feeling when I think about the movie It and the clown from that movie. There is just something about that clown. I am not one of those people who is scared of clowns either.

As for the Exoricist that movie did not scare me. It's one of my favorite horror movies of all times, but a movie does not have to scare me for me to like it. I even have a huge poster of the girl from the Exorcist all Possessed and looking very hideous and evil and it's on the wall right by my bed. That poster has never scared me. I can be looking right at that Poster at night and turn off the lights knowing full well that the poster is right by me, but I am not scared. Now if it was a poster of the clown from IT, I could not have it anywhere in my room, because I would be scared out of my mind and I could never get any sleep :shrug::)

Anyways this is one of those interesting things about little me, that I just can figure out :wave: I don't need to figure it out though and it's interesting to talk about. I know there are lots of people who are scared of one thing and not scared of something else and I find all of this to be very interesting :wave:

WDWFREAK53

:wave:

Huh, I had a poster of Jenny McCarthy next to my bed...whatever floats your boat :lookaroun

And speaking of floating....

EVERYTHING FLOATS DOWN HERE GEORGIE!!!! :lookaroun What? :lol:

WDWFREAK53

193488625_676dd39404.jpg

pennywise.jpg

Want a balloon?

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
:wave:

Huh, I had a poster of Jenny McCarthy next to my bed...whatever floats your boat :lookaroun

And speaking of floating....

EVERYTHING FLOATS DOWN HERE GEORGIE!!!! :lookaroun What? :lol:

That scene does scare me, but just about every scene from that movie does :wave: But one scene that really scared me is the one at the opening of the film. It's when you see that girl and then the clown. At first the girl has happy looks on her face and it keep jumping from the girl to the clown and then all of the sudden the girl has a scared look on her face. It's when the girl has that scared look on her face that the scene starts to really scare me. The thing is I don't see what that girl sees, because in that scene once that girl looks scared you don't see what the girl is seeing anymore. If I could have actually seen what the girl saw after she looked scared, I don't think that scene would have scared me as much. All I see is that scared look on the girls face and that music :eek: :wave:

Fun2BFree

I even have a huge poster of the girl from the Exorcist all Possessed and looking very hideous and evil and it's on the wall right by my bed.

I have a statuette of the Alien creature posed so it's looking down on me with its claws out and both mouths showing. That creature doesn't scare me, but Marshie the Marshmallow from Homestar Runner gives me the creeps. :lookaroun

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
I have a statuette of the Alien creature posed so it's looking down on me with its claws out and both mouths showing. That creature doesn't scare me, but Marshie the Marshmallow from Homestar Runner gives me the creeps. :lookaroun

Speaking of Aliens I have the first 3 Aliens films on VHS all in a nice box :) I purchased this set, before the 4th Alien film came out. I love all 4 of these movies.

I don't have Aliens on dvd. Also I don't have IT on dvd yet. I do have IT on vhs. I still get a lot of use out of my VCR even though dvds have taken over the world :wave:

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
the clown from IT was HORRRRRRRIFYING...

You got that right :lookaroun I think one reason why that clown scares me so much is because it more than just a clown. There is like horror that you don't know that is behind the clown and I believe it's the fact that you don't know what the horror is that makes that clown so scary to me :lookaroun

Fun2BFree

Speaking of Aliens I have the first 3 Aliens films on VHS all in a nice box :) I purchased this set, before the 4th Alien film came out. I love all 4 of these movies.

I don't have Aliens on dvd. Also I don't have IT on dvd yet. I do have IT on vhs. I still get a lot of use out of my VCR even though dvds have taken over the world :wave:

Don't bother getting Alien: Resurrection... I thought that was worse than Alien3. But Aliens is my favourite of the lot.

"We're on an express elevator to hell, baby!" :D

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Don't bother getting Alien: Resurrection... I thought that was worse than Alien3. But Aliens is my favourite of the lot.

"We're on an express elevator to hell, baby!" :D

I saw Resurrection at the Cinema. I liked it, but I believe I like the other 3 better. I am happy with my VHS set that I have now and don't really plan to get any of them on dvd right now. In time though I am sure I will purchased the Alien movies on dvd or when that times comes blu-ray may have taken over so I might just get them on blu-ray.

Uponastar

I hate horror movies as a rule, but I can't resist a Stephen King book (although his endings always seem a bit lacking). "It" was my second favorite of his books, after "The Stand". It was definitely scary, but the thing I tend to like best about King's books, really stood out here...his characters. He draws his characters, especially the children, like no one else can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom