The clown from It scares me, but the girl from the Exorcist does not ?

Piebald

Pennywise cracked me up as a kid. They definitely need to do a haunted house at Halloween Horror nights based on IT and have Pennywise chasing you around with balloons everywhere and whatnot.

I am not usually scared by fictional characters or horror movies but instead I am bothered when I see very gory scenes ala Saw and all of those type of movies. I get sick to my stomach and usually I try not to look at the screen for too long for fear of getting sick. I also get the urge to spit everytime I see something nasty like that in films or even in real life. Is THAT weird?

JimboJones123

Ditto :wave:
I remember the book coming out in Elementry School. It was my first book with F-bombs. It is still the number one of all scary things to read. The movie was much more fun than the book. Harry the Hat RULES!!! The cast was awesome, but the pace and tone were much warmer. It was EASILY a TV movie. That's one they could TOTALLY juice for a rated R or at least a PG-13er. Still freak out from Alice and Wonderland and Wolfman. Who knew in 3rd grade that Brothers could be killed by monsters!!!

MouseMadness

Wanna talk about weird fear buttons? The sirens in this Ducktales clip (starting at 4:20) seriously freaked me out as a kid. I finally found this clip last week to see if it would still affect me, and they still kinda give me the heebies. Those voices are CREEPY! :eek: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA2gfE2YrQ&feature=PlayList&p=629E5F16D342484C&index=61

huh_.gif

EPCOT Explorer

I hate horror movies as a rule, but I can't resist a Stephen King book (although his endings always seem a bit lacking). "It" was my second favorite of his books, after "The Stand". It was definitely scary, but the thing I tend to like best about King's books, really stood out here...his characters. He draws his characters, especially the children, like no one else can.
Yeah,books I don't mind.Movies are the only no-no.Must be the visualization thing.

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Yes I figured the book IT would be different from the movie. I never did read the book, but I think I want to read it soon. I am not surprised if the book is way different, because I am used to books being way different than the movie.

Now I will say that the Exorcist book was pretty close to the movie. I believe one reason for this was William Peter Blatty had plans for this story to be a movie while he was writting the book. The book came out in 1971 and the movie came out in 1973. Now there are things in the book that are different than the movie, but for the most part the movie is very much like the book. I think the biggest difference is the book is longer and has more stuff than the movie and that is almost always the case when books turn into movies.

maelstrom

Ugh... Pennywise scares me, too. I hate clowns. My mom made us reservations at the Boardwalk when it opened and I put up such a fuss about the clown pool that she changed our reservations to the Contemporary.

The Exorcist doesn't scare me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It the movie pretty closely followed the book, which really surprised me. However, the book, to me, was better.

k.hunter30

It the movie pretty closely followed the book, which really surprised me. However, the book, to me, was better.
Unlike The Shining. The book explains a lot more about "the shining" I think.

Anyone read Gerald's Game? I have no idea why I picked this up years ago... but it was terrible.

MouseMadness

Unlike The Shining. The book explains a lot more about "the shining" I think.

Anyone read Gerald's Game? I have no idea why I picked this up years ago... but it was terrible.

Unfortunately :hurl:

I finished Lisey's Story a couple months ago, I liked it a lot. Not so much the slasher horror stuff... well, a bit of it :lol: And Bag of Bones was good, too.

Uponastar

Has anyone read The Talisman? King wrote it with Peter Straub.
I loved that book. For some reason I have yet to read The Black House, the sequel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom