The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

So far so good. Thanks for asking.
This year's most unique aspect is that I have a new principal who is my former student.
Yup, in 1993 I taught a 5th grade girl how to play the trombone.
Then.....she grew up...graduated from college....came back to our town to be an Art Teacher.
Then......she was chosen as the Teacher of the Year for the entire town
Then.....she was chosen as the Teacher of the Year for the entire County.
And now.....she is the head principal of the Elementary School I teach at.
That former 10 year old girl I taught in 1993 is now my boss. :cool:
Reminds me of those techies . " Be nice to nerds, one day you will be working for one ".

Figgy1

Premium Member
Way too quiet today :eek:
raccoon stealing GIF

MySmallWorldof4

This year's most unique aspect is that I have a new principal who is my former student.
Then.....she grew up...graduated from college....came back to our town to be an Art Teacher.
That is pretty weird, but cool.

MySmallWorldof4

Did not hit my area.

But things are kinda bad for my country.
There are a ton of completely flooded cities. Worse when these same floods knocked all services. And a few dozens of covid intubated patients died when their respirators failed (the hospital was under 45cms of water).
Its also been raining daily. Some hours of stops but raining hard at least twice a day.(aka very little respite for the swollen rivers and overflowing dams)

Now add the quake.

Speaking of strange things. This quake hit exactly on the same day of the 8 quake (also near the zone) that hit Oaxaca/Chiapas.
Kinda giving strange vibes, considering that a few years ago.. also on the same day, we had a very strong high 7 quake that damaged mexico city in the SAME DAY as the horrible 85 quake that demolished the city.

Way too many "coincidences"
Better chance of winning the lottery multiple times than what you have described.

MySmallWorldof4

Some things just can't be properly cooked in the microwave, sometimes I have too much food and it won't all fit in the oven and a convection oven is perfect for smaller meals that only have one item going in the oven or a small cake as they don't use as much electricity as my big oven
I have a Ninja Foodie. It works ok. Got it cause I could pick it up at the Walmart by me. Not overwhelmed. I do like the air fryer part of it though. It isn’t ugly either. Might be small for your family though.

MySmallWorldof4

We were invited out by my in-laws for yesterday and we went to this place that has several stations. It's kind of a buffet, but they have both ready made stuff and stuff made to order, like you can pick your ingredients for the wok and they cook it for you, or you pick a kind of pasta and a sauce and what you want in it, and they make it for you, etc. But each section is in a different part of the restaurant. My FIL got lost....that's not a good sign. At a certain point, he hadn't been back to the table for a bit, so my husband went looking and found him with one of the workers, asking for help to get back to his table. He just couldn't remember how to get back. There's basically one long hallway and all the stations are along that hallway with tables behind them. Anyway, not a good sign of things to come, but we already knew he was struggling with his health. He seemed in good spirits though, so that's good.
I am sorry. That is scary. Must be difficult for everyone.

StarWarsGirl

That has to be both a proud moment and amazingly awkward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom