The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

That's what I was thinking and "fried rice" farro:hungover: is the plant based option:cautious: not to mention how loud CM is even without the characters
Yeah...the sides will be a hard sell for hubby. The one thing that may get him is the prime rib. The boys would be all about the nuggets.

What is it with Disney seemingly wanting to "over fancy" all the menus? (Hubby and the boys are picky. Blah.)

Goofyernmost

Yeah...the sides will be a hard sell for hubby. The one thing that may get him is the prime rib. The boys would be all about the nuggets.

What is it with Disney seemingly wanting to "over fancy" all the menus? (Hubby and the boys are picky. Blah.)
It's a smoke and mirror method to mentally justify the cost of having a meal there. Sort of a culinary peppers ghost. If it seems exotic and above any McDonalds menu anywhere, then people will pay lots and they will love it.

Goofyernmost

Noticed the farro too. I usually use farro in salads. They could have just used brown rice but I guess using farro justifies $55?? Definitely wouldn’t pay that ever.
How have I lived almost 73 years, traveled the world and experienced a lot of thing, but still had no idea what Farro is without doing a search? Is there an army of people that do nothing more then search the worlds dumpsters looking for things that people eat and decide that all of us should join in? I don't mind trying new things until I start to feel that people are creating things out of other people garbage and trying to make me feel less then "with it" because I don't want to or can even think of a reason why I would want to try it. Many people would say that I am no longer willing to try new things. Not true, just not things that seem to have no redeeming value or even provide nutritional advantage that cannot be found in basic foods that we are familiar with. I confess that this has been one of my more old person rants.

Figgy1

Premium Member
How have I lived almost 73 years, traveled the world and experienced a lot of thing, but still had no idea what Farro is without doing a search? Is there an army of people that do nothing more then search the worlds dumpsters looking for things that people eat and decide that all of us should join in? I don't mind trying new things until I start to feel that people are creating things out of other people garbage and trying to make me feel less then "with it" because I don't want to or can even think of a reason why I would want to try it. Many people would say that I am no longer willing to try new things. Not true, just not things that seem to have no redeeming value or even provide nutritional advantage that cannot be found in basic foods that we are familiar with. I confess that this has been one of my more old person rants.
Farro is over priced wheat

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom