The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Tiger wanted to make sure the first responder to his accident scene knew he was still alive. According to the deputy first on the scene Tiger's first words still trapped in his car was " I'm Tiger".
I thought the first responder said he asked him his name, and his response was "I'm Tiger" and then he recognized him. So maybe it was just that he was responding to the questions being asked.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I thought the first responder said he asked him his name, and his response was "I'm Tiger" and then he recognized him. So maybe it was just that he was responding to the questions being asked.

Perhaps, and anyone in an accident like that would be shaken up and not thinking too clearly.

(That aside, it's a little odd. For example, if my name is Jane Smith, and an officer asked my name, I wouldn't just say, Jane. I'd say Jane Smith.) Whatever. No biggie, under the circumstances.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yesterday, I bought a jar of Skippy "Natural" peanut butter. (The label mentioned 30% less sodium and sugar, so I thought that was probably good.)

Took jar out of the fridge this morning, and put some on a cracker. Some messy, loose oil drained off it, down to the counter?! I looked at the label again, and it said, "No Need to Stir" . . . :cautious:

So, I thought maybe it was a fluke, and I stirred the top of the peanut butter in the jar, and it was still a MESS of oily mixture, even when stirred. YUCK! :jawdrop: Into the barrel it goes! :arghh:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yesterday, I bought a jar of Skippy "Natural" peanut butter. (The label mentioned 30% less sodium and sugar, so I thought that was probably good.)

Took jar out of the fridge this morning, and put some on a cracker. Some messy, loose oil drained off it, down to the counter?! I looked at the label again, and it said, "No Need to Stir" . . . :cautious:

So, I thought maybe it was a fluke, and I stirred the top of the peanut butter in the jar, and it was still a MESS of oily mixture, even when stirred. YUCK! :jawdrop: Into the barrel it goes! :arghh:

You keep your peanut butter in the refrigerator? We have always kept ours in the cupboard. Too bad about the oily mess though, that would be a turn off.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You keep your peanut butter in the refrigerator? We have always kept ours in the cupboard. Too bad about the oily mess though, that would be a turn off.

Yah, many people leave it out (either normal or "natural" peanut butter), as it's easier to spread.

By habit, I refrigerate mine all the time, only because back in high school cooking classes, my teacher warned us about the oil in peanut butter (potentially) going rancid -- BUT, only if stored at some very high temperatures. (So in theory, I probably only should observe that during the middle of a hot summer, for example.)

Goofyernmost

Perhaps, and anyone in an accident like that would be shaken up and not thinking too clearly.

(That aside, it's a little odd. For example, if my name is Jane Smith, and an officer asked my name, I wouldn't just say, Jane. I'd say Jane Smith.) Whatever. No biggie, under the circumstances.
Not odd if you are known world wide as Tiger. Any further ID is a waste of strength. Now if I were to identify myself as (what my wife occasionally called me, not suitable for family ;)) then that would be odd.

Goofyernmost

ah, many people leave it out (either normal or "natural" peanut butter), as it's easier to spread.
By habit, I refrigerate mine all the time, only because back in high school cooking classes, my teacher warned us about the oil in peanut butter (potentially) going rancid -- BUT, only if stored at some very high temperatures. (So in theory, I probably only should observe that during the middle of a hot summer, for example.)
Well, you do occasionally make reference to the fact that cooking is not one of your favorite or skilled talents. I have never refrigerated peanut butter, ketchup or mustard. As for the peanut butter, I have never had any problem with it going bad. Two reasons for that, the first being that from what I remember, the oil will change chemically when refrigerated so it doesn't homogenize with the solids and second, it never lasts long enough to go bad. Hello, my name is Goofyernmost and I am a peanut butter addict.

When I was in the hospital, my Daughter went to my apartment to get some things for me and saw those three things sitting out on my counter and put them into the fridge. It didn't hurt the peanut butter because that was pre-homogenized, and the ketchup and mustard would have to be very old or indirect sunlight and hot to go bad because that is vinegar based which is a preservative. So there I was, appreciative that she wanted to help out, but amazed that I had to still educate my 40 something child. I don't suppose it means much in the long haul, but it does indeed seem like unnecessary work.

Lilofan

We keep peanut butter in the cabinet, keeping it in the refrigerator makes it to stiff to spread on bread. All natural peanut butter tends to separate and you have to stir it up.
I read that PB left in room temp has the oils separate and PB starts to spoil after a month. PB in the fridge can last up to six months. I was a big Elvis fan and I asked my mom years ago to prepare Elvis's sandwich - Fried PB and banana sandwich with lots of butter.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We keep peanut butter in the cabinet, keeping it in the refrigerator makes it to stiff to spread on bread. All natural peanut butter tends to separate and you have to stir it up.
Which is way I stopped buying "natural" peanut butter decades ago. When I wanted Peanut Butter I wanted it now. I didn't want to break stride by having to stir it into an edible product.

Goofyernmost

I read that PB left in room temp has the oils separate and PB starts to spoil after a month. PB in the fridge can last up to six months.
I had, on many occasions left out jars of Peanut Butter, tightly covered and not in direct heat or sunlight last for over two months before I finished the jar. Never a problem. Probably a bit of information given by manufacturers of natural peanut so you will eat more and buy more. Sort of like the bogus use by numbers on milk cartons. It's pretty easy to tell by the smell or texture. That caught fire and everyone started to throw away stuff that was perfectly good because it had a date on it. They even put it on beer when beer contains alcohol. Seriously with a tight seal it will last a long time. That is how wine can still be good after a hundred years. Some things do deteriorate over time but not all that stuff. I do use the date as a reminder to check on the status before using it, but not to just automatically throw it away if the date was passed.

I wonder how about bread? That I do refrigerate and most people don't. I can keep bread soft and moist, for months with no problem. When you live alone a lot of that stuff, like bread, doesn't get used quickly enough and the old penicillin starts to show up around the edges. Tight closure of packaging is important to preservation.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Tell them to buy a Honda;)
Idk of they ever will switch over from Buick to another brand, although Dad really liked the Infiniti they had in Hawaii. But they fully concur now with my decision not to buy GM. There's no way I could have gotten the quality car in any GM car. Actually, Dad is very anti-Chevy except for the Camaros for some reason.

MouseDreaming

I always get that brand, and I never had an issue with it at room temp. If it is coming out of the walk in freezer- I mean pantry, in winter, as it warms, it might separate a bit. Just stir it, and it is good to go. Maybe it froze all the way in the warehouse, or something, because I have never had that much oil.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Idk of they ever will switch over from Buick to another brand, although Dad really liked the Infiniti they had in Hawaii. But they fully concur now with my decision not to buy GM. There's no way I could have gotten the quality car in any GM car. Actually, Dad is very anti-Chevy except for the Camaros for some reason.
Can't comment on the bowtie motors as we don't have that brand in the UK. Isn't infinity just a luxury brand of another manufacturer ?
Edit, just a posh Neesan then.

Figgy1

Premium Member

My dh likes that one and had never had a problem with it but he keeps it at room temperature. It's good for making cookies because it's "no stir" James and I like plain peanutbutter as in nothing but ground peanuts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom