The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Meanwhile.. snowwhite watching dem girls fight for something that trivial.
nILX1jC.gif

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@StarWarsGirl you are great at finding images. Any idea what this car decal represents? We were in a
Long drive thru at Pot Belly’s and we couldn’t figure it out. Bugging us. 184536E8-86CE-4A8A-A79E-943A50C20391.jpeg

Last edited:

Songbird76

It was so long ago, that there's always a chance that I might have mistaken the actual city. I honestly thought I correctly recalled it was Rio, but considering the proximity of Aruba to Venzuela, it may have been a city in Venezuela.

Anyway, thanks for politely phrasing just a possibility, that I might have (inadvertently) mixed up the city, versus that I'm just completely lost in space here. (Normally, the latter would be correct, but now I really am messed up thinking about what city it was, trying to recall conversations I had back then.)

I'll never forget the excitement of seeing some flickers of lights (way across the ocean) from where I was standing alone on the beach in Aruba. I'd never been to South America, and I think that's why it was so exciting for me, at that time. Think I'll just stick with the memory I had, as it remained a happy one, up to now, anyway.
There are a lot of places it probably could have been. Like I said, I don't think it's possible it was Rio, because even without the distance, you'd have been looking across land in the direction of Rio, so whatever was between Aruba and Rio would also have lights. I don't think anyone believes you are lost in space out there! For years after our honeymoon, I had a memory of some Star Wars ride my husband went on while I waited in the chicken exit because we got all the way through the line only to see the sign about motion sickness at the entrance to the ride. I thought for sure that was at Universal Studios because we had gone to both Disney and Universal and had noticed a HUGE difference in the demeanor of CMs at Disney and Universal. While I was waiting for my husband, there was a little girl about 4 who was devastated that she wasn't tall enough to get on the ride as she was a huge SW fan, and it was made worse by a CM who let a little boy on who was even smaller than the little girl. It was obviously not fair, and the girl was in tears and I was talking to her about her favorite character, etc. The mother and I got to talking and she mentioned the same thing about the CMs in Disney being much nicer, and said they had also had an experience with the girl not being able to ride something at Universal. I remember posting about it here in a discussion and said we were at Universal and StarWarsGirl pointed out it couldn't have been, because the SW ride was at Disney. I still have an image in my head and I know it's wrong, because SW was not at Universal....I just got the two mixed up because we went to both. It happens.

I'm sure you saw city lights that were far away...who knows...there are other islands out there, or venezuela, columbia, etc. I'm not sure how far you would be able to see lights across the water. I bet it was beautiful, though. I always loved coming home from the North on the interstate because where I grew up, we lived on the ranch about 40 miles South of the town. When we came through on the interstate, we could see the lights of Gillette in the distance before we drove through it and it was always so pretty to me. I loved city lights after dark.

Songbird76

Crazy week. Youngest on 2 cheer teams now. They asked her to join one of their higher level teams 2 weeks ago because they needed another flyer. She was so excited. She has her back handspring now and is working on her back tuck. She had 4 hours of practice today and the gym is 45 minutes away so I was gone almost 6 hours today. She also has practice twice during the week. Luckily she does tumbling practice at her old gym on Mondays, so that is near the house. She still hasn’t had a competition, but they will have a virtual one the end of the month. They record the routine at the gym and submit it to the cheer company hosting the competition. She is having fun and has made so many friends. It has been worth the drive. Just some long days here. Still doing the ESL tutoring early in the AM and then working with my kids after. Haven’t been able to get on as much. But everyone here is fine.
Congratulations to her! That is so exciting!! And that sounds like quite an honor to be asked to join a higher level team!

Goofyernmost

@StarWarsGirl you are great at finding images. Any idea what this car decal represents? We were in a
Long drive thru at Pot Belly’s and we couldn’t figure it out. Bugging us. View attachment 523346
I have no idea, but just looking at it, it seems to be an island. In the Caribbean or maybe in the Hawaii chain. but that is just a guess. Those things are usually from tourist locations. Molokai perhaps???

1610366008743.png

StarWarsGirl

Long drive thru at Pot Belly’s and we couldn’t figure it out. Bugging us. View attachment 523346
I think probably part of it is missing. Either that or someone pulled off an old one incorrectly and that's what remains, although it kind of looks too perfect for that.

I think a reverse image search would just give me car windows.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Current places to get turkey legs at Disney World? Magic kingdom, epcot, or animal kingdom?

I know liberty square market has them... Are they open during the pandemic?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
20210109_195651.jpg

As most of you know, I'm somewhat of a minimalist. A, however, is not. She has an overwhelming amount of stuff. When she was at her dad's house I purged her room judiciously. I told her I was going to do it, and I didn't get rid of anything until she gets home tonight to approve it. But after removing two laundry baskets and a box with of toys/stuffed animals, and two trash bags of stuff she somehow didn't think was trash, I can finally breathe in her room again 😂😂

We'll see what she argues for tonight. But anything that comes out of those baskets needs to be traded for something upstairs. How do kids get so much crap so quickly?!?

StarWarsGirl

Current places to get turkey legs at Disney World? Magic kingdom, epcot, or animal kingdom?

I know liberty square market has them... Are they open during the pandemic?
I think MK Liberty Square is your best bet. They were open in September, and some of the carts were open.

Epcot - save for whatever "Taste of" food festival is going on.

AK had the least amount of food spots open last time I was there, but that may have changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom