The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

I've been paying attention more to that lately.

My hair color, for instance, I always thought was my mom's. It's a very distinctive brunette. I have natural blonde in my hair. It's very apparent after I've been in Florida or to the beach. During the winter it darkens. I've actually had to explain to my black friends and Asian friends that no, I don't dye my hair, it's just multicolored on its own. Anyway, I thought I inherited it from Mom until I saw a younger picture of her and realized her hair was much darker and basically dark brown without highlights. Then two of my cousins on Dad's side randomly inherited it. I asked my grandma and she said my grandfather's sisters had my color hair. My dad and grandfather had much darker.

So now when people say my mom and I have the same hair, I'm like, "Uh, no, that's not her natural color." 😂
My hair does that, too - especially if I spend a lot of time swimming in salt water and then in the sun! I'll get very clear blonde streaks around my face, but it also has a reddish hue to it, too...so going blonde by boxed dye is a big no-no because it comes out orange. My winter color is definitely from my mom's side, but it's ability to change during the summer is my dad's side all the way. They've all got dirty blonde hair with natural streaks. My boys are leaning towards a dark dirty blonde/light brown so far.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Read this interesting story about milk, but no thanks to fake milk! :jawdrop:

There's already plenty of alternative milk-type products out there like almond milk, etc., etc.

Someone's got to speak up for the cows. Cows are cool. I support cows. Real cows rule!! :cool:

Lilofan

There's already plenty of alternative milk-type products out there like almond milk, etc., etc.

Someone's got to speak up for the cows. Cows are cool. I support cows. Real cows rule!! :cool:

Traveling in Central and South America I learned locals there drink a milk alternative which is a powdered milk called Klim. It is still sold here in the USA at immigrant grocery stores as an example. Klim is an acquired taste. It's ok. In WW2, the U.S. Army had Klim as one of their jungle food/drink rations.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Traveling in Central and South America I learned locals there drink a milk alternative which is a powdered milk called Klim. Its still sold here in the USA at immigrant grocery stores as an example. Klim is an acquired taste. It's ok.

Interesting. I assume the locals have probably drank that from childhood, so they may not miss regular milk.

But for me, I'm a purist --

1603621130007.png

FutureCEO

Milk doesn't go in my cereal anyway. :p

Figgy1

Premium Member

The like is for Impossible coming out with another alternative. My dh claims he uses substitutes for his coffee and cereal because he likes them but he also claims he doesn't have a problem with "real milk" He absolutely has a problem with real milk;):hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Milk doesn't go in my cereal anyway. :p
I've always eaten my cereal dry due to milk issues, my older ds eats his dry because I do(he has no issues with dairy) and my younger ds was born after it was easier to find milk alternatives for him so he likes cereal with fruit and "milk" edit I haven't had cereal in forever because I'm not a breakfast person

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom