The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Twisted Ballerina

In the Parks
No
Secret Society of Second-Born Royals review. This was a very interesting Disney+ movie that I see will go into a definite second sequel movie. The movie itself has a decent story and one thing I really enjoyed was a twist that this movie had towards the end that I was certainly not expecting to happen. I do recommend that everyone give this movie a chance. It is not going to be something that knocks your socks off, but it is definitely worth a view.

donaldtoo

No fancy dinner reservations for us this year -- we're probably just staying in, and observing the holiday without any big meal. It's still 2020, and we're not into dine-in locations for quite some time to come. Maybe next year, if things improve, worldwide.

We haven’t dined in a restaurant in so long I can’t remember whether it was March or April🤔, but, I’m pretty sure it was March.

Tony the Tigger

We should be checked in at the La Quinta in about 30-45 minutes. Took awhile to get ready and get going tonight! Good thing we don’t have to get up early and do anything tomorrow. 😊

We plan to explore the resort & the woods with Kylie, relax, and plan Thursday. It’s tricky when you don’t know offhand what is open, etc. I would love to run out and pick up my fake cheesesteak sandwich from CBR tomorrow if they are still doing it.

If we do a park, it will be Thursday, and Brian is giving me the “chill out and play it by ear” line but he doesn’t get there’s barely any room to board Kylie that day, and we have to reserve a park lol.

Ready for a snack and bed!

🌳 🌳 🐕 🌳

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had not heard. I play the piano...when I had one until a few years ago. My career as a Marine Surveyor I was a one woman show in Chicago. No other females at any firms. When I’d hit a brick wall of male chauvinism I’d hold my ground and when I got home let out on my piano to her I Am Woman. No music required. Throughout my career and marriage that was my anthem. Take no crap from anyone.

I owe a lot to her inspiration in that song and life. She lead by example. In my generation I wish more women found that strength, some did like me, others not so much. I am not a pretender everything is OK to take. I came to far also. She was my rock through my journey as a woman in a mans world. She was a powerful, strong woman. We are loosing some major equalizers this month like Hellen and Justice Ruth.

Songbird76

I am still figuring out what to make. I made these veggie patties that when I combined them with a mock cheese sauce, plus tomato sauce reminded me of chicken cutlets. It tastes really delicious. I also made those butternut and acorn squash patties that were delicious, but those won't go with an Italian theme if that is what I do. We will probably have a turkey breast for the turkey eaters, masked potatoes, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and biscuits. Still trying to figure out the veggie main dish for me. I am leaning toward the mock chicken cutlets because those are more filling as they contain beans and couscous. It actually feels like a late fall day here today. It is cloudy, the temperature has dropped into the low 60's, and I hear the wind making noise. Not too happy about the weather change.
Are the potatoes masked so the kids don't know what they are eating? I didn't think they sounded too picky.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

MySmallWorldof4

Let the rabbit hole begin!

Depending how long it takes us to wrap things up and get ready, we may drive up late tonight and stay at a La Quinta or something. We routinely do this, it's a nice drive with no traffic, and when we wake up in the morning, we're already there!

The idea was simple: 2 or 3 nights in a cabin with the pup - relaxin' and no parks. Disney Springs, a fancy schmancy resort dinner - all on points!

Obviously today was scrapped, and that was good. I got some important work done. Brian brought a bag of essentials to Dad's new place. They wouldn't let him in beyond the lobby. (That's kind of good - less guilt going away since we couldn't do anything here, anyway.)

Amazingly, I was still able to book the two remaining nights (Wed/Thurs) for a Cabin at Ft Wilderness with FL res discount ($299/night.)

ADR's were slim pickins - focusing more on Thursday night, thinking Kylie will be comfortable by then and we can leave her in the cabin and go to dinner (I am more confident in that situation than a standard hotel room.)

One possibility was the BOAThouse, which of course led to the amphibious car ride thingy and I thought, "Hey, we're not going to the parks, what's $125 all on points? For a 20 minute ride...hmm...a one day park ticket is $109 for the whole day...

See where this is going?

All days have availability at all parks. We could pick Epcot and eat more, maybe pick a restaurant we like better. We could pick AK and maybe Tiffins is open? (I know Jiko is not.) We could pick HS and possibly get to finally ride the Star Wars rides which I have never done even though I was there on opening morning at 5AM? And visit our bartender buddy at the Tune-in? If she's there? Or...MK.

Here's some classic rationalization: we saved $299 by not staying there tonight, so we can spend that on two park tickets, right? (If Best Friends Pet Care has room for Kylie...)

Are we relaxing yet?
Sounds like a plan. I am just baffled that the discounted rate this time of year for the cabins is $299/night. I don't recall paying that much. Maybe I blocked it out. :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

That's solid info, and likely a deciding factor against HS!

My gut says to go to Epcot, less "attraction based," more walking around and eating. If we do a park at all. Not in stone yet.

I called and all they have available in the next few days is a Villa (not sure if that's the same thing.) It's about $100, double what we normally pay (plus we're paying $50 per day at the resort for her, jeez.)

But the thought process is going something like - this is "the" trip for like two years. (Our last trip was September 2019, our next one won't likely be anytime soon, with the re-apocalypse coming back to FL as everything is forced open again.) Plus it's all on points (except Best Friends Pet Care.) So might as well go to a park, if we really want to. One park, one day. $200 rather than an AP. Cool.
OK, now I understand the $299/night. You have to pay extra for Kylie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom